Blue-Ray or HD DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What sucks about this Spiderman BD Trilogy is that only Spidey 3 has fully loaded features. Sony got lazy and did not port over the features from the 1st 2 movies to their BD counterparts. I smell a future double dip. For me, I'm willing to wait for a more complete version of Spidey 1 and 2.

Well, I went ahead and bought the Spider-Man Blu-Ray Trilogy at Wal*Mart today. Wound up watching Spidey 3 w/the kids. The picture and sound are perfect.

Blu-Ray rules.

:chew

Also, I like Spider-Man 3 alot more then I liked Transformers.

Part 1 is really lacking in the video department.

I have owned it in HD for years as a 1080i .TS file and the quality is much more vibrant and not nearly as "soft" as the BD disc.

Parts 2 and 3 look fine but 1 is a major dissapointment.

Talk about a bad transfer.....I swear, I don't know how some of these releases get approved.

I got my trilogy set today. Films two and three look fantastic. Number one looks no different than a regular DVD to my eyes. But that's OK--Sony made up for the poor video quality by not including a single bonus feature, lol.

Next week is going to be fun--Cars and Ratatouille in high definition.

:chew

Personally, I think the SPIDER-MAN Trilogy release is going to end up setting Blu-Ray back a bit in the eyes and ears of diehard videophiles (myself included). An extremely lacking release on many levels.

Say what you will about the comparison between the two films themselves, but the TRANSFORMERS HD DVD blows this away. Extremely disappointed (but not surprised) by Sony.

Personally, I think the SPIDER-MAN Trilogy release is going to end up setting Blu-Ray back a bit in the eyes and ears of diehard videophiles (myself included). An extremely lacking release on many levels.

Say what you will about the comparison between the two films themselves, but the TRANSFORMERS HD DVD blows this away. Extremely disappointed (but not surprised) by Sony.

i agree with you Irish. im going to pick up my trilogy today, but from what i've heard the set leaves much to be desired for such a big name. i've been dying to get these on blu ray since i got my PS3 last week so hopefully i can enjoy them for what they are.

In terms of video quality, Transformers HD DVD is better than all three Spidey films, even Spidey 3.

Oh, I actually enjoyed Spidey 3 more this time around. The newscasters at the end still made me cringe but overall I liked it a lot.

I still like Transformers better though. :)

I think I will just get Spidey 3 on BD, was gonna pick up the trilogy but think I am gonna pass.

When it comes to lines that are unintentionally funny to me, my vote goes to this classic exchange from the first film:

"Deliver us..."

"Finish it!!"

"FROM EEEEVVVVIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And anyway, Warner is apparently considering a shift in their high def dual format release strategy, possibly favoring Blu-ray. But they also announced that Twister will be released on both formats in May of next year, so they are at least supporting both well into next year.

In terms of video quality, Transformers HD DVD is better than all three Spidey films, even Spidey 3.

Oh, I actually enjoyed Spidey 3 more this time around. The newscasters at the end still made me cringe but overall I liked it a lot.

I still like Transformers better though. :)

I agree, Transformers on HD DVD looks absolutely stunning. Blows all the Spiderman movies out of the water.

Transformers gets my vote. :rock

Yep, they definitely rushed that trilogy. For that matter, since 3 is the least best story-wise, I can wait until it shows up at some half-price sale.

Next week's gonna be a heavy hitter: Ratatouille, Cars, and ROTK Recordings (CD).

I'm a big movie and home theatre fan, I have been waiting to see what happens with the format war. however, I went into bestbuy the other day and demoed a 60" pioneer plasma running at 1080p and a demo blu ray disc....... unbe-*****in-lievable.

It's still early days though, just want to see if someone like pioneer releases a dual format player!

D

If you plan to buy any Blu-Ray player . . .you stand a greater chance if you buy a PS3. From what I've read, the PS3 is the only foreseeable future-proof BD player out there going all the way to the BR 2.0 spec. I would think that Sony put all their ducks into that machine for obvious reasons. Any other BD player manufacturers may not have all the specs to keep up. The same thing goes with the purchase of an HD-DVD player -- Toshiba is the only brand I can trust at this point.

Back