BOIL and WAXER with NUMA 12" Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think he was being sarcastic. LOL. He had the :lecture.

I seriously don't think anyone should worry that this is a new trend in 1/6 figures any more than Bubo was a trend. She's an accessory or expansion item, not a figure (IMO).

Well, if that wasn't sarcasm, I'll be the first to jump aboard the WTF Wagon with ya. :lol

That said, I still think he was being facetious.

I wish Sideshow would just release a Clone head package with four or five different clone heads. That way we could use them on the clone troopers we already have instead of hitting the secondary market like ebay to pick them up loose.

thats a pretty cool idea. hell, i'd love for them to do that with all sorts of figures. it would be pretty cool to have a pack of new heads for already released figures.

I would definately purchase a package of upgraded heads for Bespin Han, Ceremony Luke, and ANH Leia for example.

Sorry guys. I love SSC but they are in the business of separating us from our money not saving us money.

I dont think he was being sarcastic. LOL. He had the :lecture.

I seriously don't think anyone should worry that this is a new trend in 1/6 figures any more than Bubo was a trend. She's an accessory or expansion item, not a figure (IMO).

What happens if the :lecture was sarcastic too??

I am trained in the mystic arts of corporate BS.

Don't you remember when the Hobbits came out and they were shorter and has less stuff than normal sized figures, but cost $10 more than their taller counterparts?? C'mon, this is the Star Wars forum, "Size matters not".

because the teaser pic from SDCC had both sets of helmets.

Orangecoloredclones.jpg

Notice the helmets that were shown in the preview are different from those too (lack of markings, etc). Plus there are 4 figures standing there, not just 2. But I do hope we get those helmets too.

those are the same helmets, but they aren't detailed yet. why there are 4 figures, i don't know. look at the yellow striping on these compared to the newsletter image. they are the same.

That pic is one that I took while I was painting the armor for these figures for Sideshow. The missing markings were added later as decals. The reason there are four figures in that shot is because prototypes are done in sets of two and three, sometimes more. At least one stays in-house to be photographed while the duplicates go to China to be copied. That's not a Sideshow thing; that's just standard procedure with any producer.

What you see in that pic are 2 Waxers and 2 Boils. What you can't see it in the pic, obviously, is that the four figures in that shot are wearing the other set of four helmets.

Can't get better than the horse's mouth.
Hey SS did you paint Numa as well? I was wondering on her level of articulation.

Thanks, Wilbur.

No, I didn't paint the heads or Numa on this one, but I have seen Numa in person, and the only articulation that I am aware of without having actually handled the piece is that her shoulders move. I didn't get a chance to look at her closely. She looks really good though.

I wish Sideshow would just release a Clone head package with four or five different clone heads. That way we could use them on the clone troopers we already have instead of hitting the secondary market like ebay to pick them up loose.

If they did that they couldnt charge you top dollar for just another head..this way you have to get jacked for the body and everything..plus the allure of a "new" figure.. A goatee is just not worth it for me.

Well, at least now we know why SilentSurfer has completely changed his tune on Sideshow products over the past few months. :lol

That pic is one that I took while I was painting the armor for these figures for Sideshow. The missing markings were added later as decals. The reason there are four figures in that shot is because prototypes are done in sets of two and three, sometimes more. At least one stays in-house to be photographed while the duplicates go to China to be copied. That's not a Sideshow thing; that's just standard procedure with any producer.

What you see in that pic are 2 Waxers and 2 Boils. What you can't see it in the pic, obviously, is that the four figures in that shot are wearing the other set of four helmets.

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know they make 2 (or more) prototypes. But that makes sense. Its insight like that I like to find out about from 'insiders.' Very cool. Can't wait to see them in their glory on Tuesday :D

Well, at least now we know why SilentSurfer has completely changed his tune on Sideshow products over the past few months. :lol

Been a long time since the Slave Leia PF. :lol

You guys crack me up. :lol Partly because of my new relationship with Sideshow, and partly because this forum doesn't need anymore negativity, I decided to address things I like and not wear out my keyboard griping about stuff I have no control over. It doesn't mean I accept everything as completely awesome now, and I'm not going to pull out my "Love Sideshow or Die" stick and beat everybody with it.:thwak. That's about as useful as:horse
As a collector and customizer, I can list plenty of things I would like to see done differently, but instead of just talking about it here, I got myself into a position to really have a say. And I have to tell you, what I've learned about this whole process has really given me a greater appreciation for what Sideshow has given us so far. And I think it's safe to say that there are some incredible things coming that I never would have thought they'd even do. And the design and development team is incredibly nice and friendly and open to my suggestions. I'm still an outside vender, but I'm treated like part of the team, and love it. So no more :monkey2 from me.

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know they make 2 (or more) prototypes. But that makes sense. Its insight like that I like to find out about from 'insiders.' Very cool. Can't wait to see them in their glory on Tuesday :D

As a fan, I also love to know inside stuff. I wish I could talk about some of the things I know now as an insider, but some things are a trade secret, and I can't talk about them if I want to continue to work with Sideshow. The prototype thing is actually something I knew about before I ever knocked on their door though. I believe that's pretty standard ops in this industry. It's just not common knowledge.

They look great to me. I won't be displaying the regular heads because I prefer the helms but those looks amazing. I hope they keep the weathering looks beat up as hell.

You guys crack me up. :lol Partly because of my new relationship with Sideshow, and partly because this forum doesn't need anymore negativity, I decided to address things I like and not wear out my keyboard griping about stuff I have no control over. It doesn't mean I accept everything as completely awesome now, and I'm not going to pull out my "Love Sideshow or Die" stick and beat everybody with it.:thwak. That's about as useful as:horse
As a collector and customizer, I can list plenty of things I would like to see done differently, but instead of just talking about it here, I got myself into a position to really have a say. And I have to tell you, what I've learned about this whole process has really given me a greater appreciation for what Sideshow has given us so far. And I think it's safe to say that there are some incredible things coming that I never would have thought they'd even do. And the design and development team is incredibly nice and friendly and open to my suggestions. I'm still an outside vender, but I'm treated like part of the team, and love it. So no more :monkey2 from me.

So Darth Cruel gets to keep his crown?

Back