BOIL and WAXER with NUMA 12" Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just watched Innocents of Ryloth again. Cool episode but man did they rip off ALIENS with Numa. :lol Right down to her first biting the soldier's hand, having a name similar to Newt, and her surviving through extensive knowledge of the town's underground tunnels (which of course she uses to help the soldiers escape a horde of creatures.)

They tried to add a little Boo from Monsters Inc. but otherwise I'm a bit surprised Boil never shouted "Game over man, game over!"

It's possible you mistake "rip off" for inspired homage.

Why don't you just say, "without this pack, to get all four helmets, Sideshow would release them on four different clones. Therefore, to get all four helmets, I'd be purchasing all four clones. At $90 a piece, that's $360." :huh

Yea...or..you could get them at a fraction of the cost from someone on these boards who make pulls of helmets.

Regardless of the price tag SSC slapped on their clones, some people would still think they were too expensive. I was hoping for around $75 and I think that would eliminate a lot of recasting, since mold making and casting is NOT cheap to do.

It's possible you mistake "rip off" for inspired homage.

One man's inspired homage is another's rip off. As I love both SW and ALIENS I have absolutely zero problem with any combination of the two. I assumed that would have been obvious. They really did max out the "homages" in that episode. I forgot to mention the little doll Newt/Numa carried through the mayhem and calling out "Mommy/Brothers" as a sign of affection and attachment at the end of the story.

I would have liked it if Boil had said "Gamer over man" as a direct wink to the audience. As it is the show didn't wink so much as play ALIENS straight, which is cool, but there's always a bit of a risk of raising eyebrows with that approach. Luckily Numa's name indicates they recognized that the audience would most likely get and embrace the similarities rather than the other way around.

One man's inspired homage is another's rip off. As I love both SW and ALIENS I have absolutely zero problem with any combination of the two. I assumed that would have been obvious. They really did max out the "homages" in that episode. I forgot to mention the little doll Newt/Numa carried through the mayhem and calling out "Mommy/Brothers" as a sign of affection and attachment at the end of the story.

I would have liked it if Boil had said "Gamer over man" as a direct wink to the audience. As it is the show didn't wink so much as play ALIENS straight, which is cool, but there's always a bit of a risk of raising eyebrows with that approach. Luckily Numa's name indicates they recognized that the audience would most likely get and embrace the similarities rather than the other way around.

This post is largely fail given that Aliens, itself, was a "ripoff." :lol

In case anybody is interested, here's the rest of that teaser pic from the SDCC Star Wars video.
TotalProject.jpg

I have a couple more from this set in my customs thread. Link in signature.

Incredible. But I do have a question...

I can understand the little decals and drawings to make the armore unique. But the 2 Phase I helmets and the 2 Phase II helmets have different legion markings from each other...why?

Oh...and for the record...I wonder out of idle curiosity. I really don't care. They are freakin' badass.

Incredible. But I do have a question...

I can understand the little decals and drawings to make the armore unique. But the 2 Phase I helmets and the 2 Phase II helmets have different legion markings from each other...why?

Oh...and for the record...I wonder out of idle curiosity. I really don't care. They are freakin' badass.

Though the paint's located in different areas, with the orange, they still look like 212th to me. :huh

I ordered 2 sets too! One set from my local retailer and the Ex set direct from SSC. I love Clones and can never have enough of them in my collection.

In case anybody is interested, here's the rest of that teaser pic from the SDCC Star Wars video.
TotalProject.jpg

I have a couple more from this set in my customs thread. Link in signature.

It just dawned on me that this picture looks more like a painting than a photograph, to me.

Back