Statue Bowen Classic Action Thor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this today, got it for a decent price, and it's amazing! The pose is off the chart, and so is the details of the billowing cape. One of my favorite statues despite it's smaller scale.

On to the Pics!
001wbj.jpg

002fv.jpg

003szll.jpg

005cuk.jpg

006ko.jpg

007ha.jpg

010mrc.jpg

009ta.jpg

011ylj.jpg

Needless to say...
tumblrlo4e38mqzy1qjv6em.jpg

:exactly: The only thing the PF has on this is scale

I'm so very much hoping that SSC puts out a fully sculpted PF similar to the classic BD museum Thor. That would be all the Thor I need from SSC. Never cared for the original Thor PF. I'm still holding out for one.

I'm so very much hoping that SSC puts out a fully sculpted PF similar to the classic BD museum Thor. That would be all the Thor I need from SSC. Never cared for the original Thor PF. I'm still holding out for one.

Same here. Comiquette for both Thor and Cap, really would like to see what SS would do with them.

crappy cellphone shot... (savage Hulk came out GREAT)

I agree, but I don't have much confidence in SS at the moment...in sculpts or quality.

I'll take a 1/4 scale Thor, even a modern version as long as it turns out well.

Bowen classic action is great, waiting to see how the strike down version turns out.

The strike down looks promising to me but the action thor is from a different league. Probably the best bowen action pose made.

I had to pass on this when it was released for whatever reason, though I do really like the cape and spinning hammer for the sense of movement. Better than Spiderman and Cap I think. And the base looks great. If the strike down comes out well, day one order for me which would make this my 2nd Thor piece.

I am also waiting for the strike down Thor; in my opinion it is a grail in the works. On the Action Thor, I love the base, the cape and the spinning effect of the hammer, but I am not a fan of the face or the body sculpt.

I'm completely opposite, I think the strike-down pose is kinda lame to be honest, I mean wtf is striking the ground with your hammer really gonna do, shake me and make me fall? Doesn't that defeat the purpose if I can fly?

I'm completely opposite, I think the strike-down pose is kinda lame to be honest, I mean wtf is striking the ground with your hammer really gonna do, shake me and make me fall? Doesn't that defeat the purpose if I can fly?

Over on Statue Marvels
"Loosely based on: The Mighty Thor #229 (cover)"

Per his license agreement, every statue must meet a certain height requirement, so the cape will have to make that up.

Thor has done that pose often enough in various comics, kind of his version of Hulk slamming his fists on the ground.

Looking forward to the finished product.

I don't know how old you are or how long have you followed Thor, but the strike down pose has been a classic reptesentation of the character over the years in comics. It is way overdue for a display on statue form.

Last edited:
Back