Call me JOKER!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, this figure really turned out great. Bunch of great pix in this thread everyone!!

Congrats to everyone who got one of these.

Does this Joker come with an alternate scarf-tie thing like in the picture?

centuryJoker1.jpg

What happened to this scarf?

If you mean the blue cloth around his neck then that's the bow tie. It just got shrunk for the production run.

Wow, great pics Coco, the Beret is defintitely the best hat. And love the oversized gun :rock

Thanks, the beret is my favorite look for him.

I really hope they do more of these in different outfits. I think I would go broke buying them all.:D I'd love to have one of him in the purple trench coat he wore during the parade scene.

I'd love to have one of him in the purple trench coat he wore during the parade scene.

That's the one I'd really like -- love that look for him.

If I get this one, I'm gonna try to make an overcoat for him. One of those Dragon German coats dyed deep purple, add a lighter purple felt collar.

It's too bad this Joker's brimmed hat is so droopy. Do you think it's possible to use the water treatment to "harden" the felt so it at least looks stiffer?

That's what I was thinking. The hat looks like it has peach-fuzz. I might try watering it down or have Les work his magic on it. Actually, the face ain't bad at all.

That's what I was thinking. The hat looks like it has peach-fuzz. I might try watering it down or have Les work his magic on it. Actually, the face ain't bad at all.

So you got yours? How about a review?

I'm not sure about the material, but the water treatment should help a bit. An iron would help a lot, but not if its felt-like.

You could also put an inner brim of cardboard or thin plastic to help hold the hat part up better.

Actually I don't have mine yet. Second delivery attempt while I was at work. Looks like they will miss me again tomorrow so I'll have to drive all the way out to the depot to pick it up 40 miles away.

Actually I don't have mine yet. Second delivery attempt while I was at work. Looks like they will miss me again tomorrow so I'll have to drive all the way out to the depot to pick it up 40 miles away.

That sucks. I'm very curious what my Aliens-Brother has to say about this figure.

Can't you leave a note with a signature? I've done that in the past and they've left the package.

I did that and they said signature required in person, hand delivered. I guess Eric doesn't want to take any chances on losing these. Can't say I blame him though. Just frustrating playing tag with UPS. They have my signature on file.

That's the one I'd really like -- love that look for him.

If I get this one, I'm gonna try to make an overcoat for him. One of those Dragon German coats dyed deep purple, add a lighter purple felt collar.

It's too bad this Joker's brimmed hat is so droopy. Do you think it's possible to use the water treatment to "harden" the felt so it at least looks stiffer?

I have no experience with fabric dyeing but that's a great idea. I may have to at least give it a try.

Yeah the brimmed hat is kindof a bummer. It has an odd, sort of flocked look and feel to it and I don't know if a water treatment would help it out but I just wet it down and it's drying as we speak.

Just a quick run down of the pros and cons of this figure:

PROS -
Looks awesome. The sculpt is great and the paint app is really good, especially the teeth. The proportions are good too. Even has the Jack ponch built right in.:D

The tailoring is well done. Not too loose or tight.

The little details like the orchid, the two toned shoes with real laces, the hand sculpts, hand buzzer and the tiny buttons on the clothing are fantastic.

The beret is the best accessory. It sits perfectly on his head and the material used is right on the money.

I mentioned the hands, they are sculpted with stitching and wrinkles just like gloves.

CONS -
The base body isn't that good. The joints in the legs are fairly loose and the articulation is clunky. I will be switching the body out in the future.

The brimmed hat is not rigid so it doesn't really look right. Plus it's made out of a semifuzzy material to match the jacket. I would have prefered a different material for both and a rigid brim on the hat.

Poorly packaged, at least mine was. The figure fits in it's own box but no padding or ties were used so it did shift in transit causing a very small paint rub on the nose. An easy fix but still annoying.

OVERALL - A great figure and a must have for any '89 Batman fan. Well worth the $160 including shipping especially considering the "limited" run and the fact it's the best out there. If you find it for less than $250 I'd get it fast.

I have no experience with fabric dyeing but that's a great idea. I may have to at least give it a try.

Yeah the brimmed hat is kindof a bummer. It has an odd, sort of flocked look and feel to it and I don't know if a water treatment would help it out but I just wet it down and it's drying as we speak.

Just a quick run down of the pros and cons of this figure:

PROS -
Looks awesome. The sculpt is great and the paint app is really good, especially the teeth. The proportions are good too. Even has the Jack ponch built right in.:D

The tailoring is well done. Not too loose or tight.

The little details like the orchid, the two toned shoes with real laces, the hand sculpts, hand buzzer and the tiny buttons on the clothing are fantastic.

The beret is the best accessory. It sits perfectly on his head and the material used is right on the money.

I mentioned the hands, they are sculpted with stitching and wrinkles just like gloves.

CONS -
The base body isn't that good. The joints in the legs are fairly loose and the articulation is clunky. I will be switching the body out in the future.

The brimmed hat is not rigid so it doesn't really look right. Plus it's made out of a semifuzzy material to match the jacket. I would have prefered a different material for both and a rigid brim on the hat.

Poorly packaged, at least mine was. The figure fits in it's own box but no padding or ties were used so it did shift in transit causing a very small paint rub on the nose. An easy fix but still annoying.

OVERALL - A great figure and a must have for any '89 Batman fan. Well worth the $160 including shipping especially considering the "limited" run and the fact it's the best out there. If you find it for less than $250 I'd get it fast.

Nice review -- answers many questions I had.

I definitely want this figure as I've been searching for a Joker for longer than I can remember, probably 5 years now. But I just can't cogh up $300 from ArtofToys or ABC. I hope, in time, some more appear... or that they do another version that I can preorder this time.

And let us know whow the water treatment works out. I hope it works.

Thanks for the info Coco, it really does seem like this figure is a homerun... especially for a smaller run independent job.

joker6.jpg

Just got home and found a present on my doorstep. Yes, I got my Joker and I as you can see, I'm a lot happier! :D

joker3.jpg

The sculpt is an awesome portrait of Nicholson. The paint is not too bad, a bit worn on his eyebrows, nose and wrinkles. The hair color and shading look great. Still, I'll probably have Les hit him to make him pop. The clothing is exceptional with the pimpin' felt dids but obviously his checkerboard pants are the wrong colors entirely and should be dark blue, purple and green instead of pink, blue and purple. And yes, the absence of the long overcoat is unfortunate. The wide-brimmed hat is not nearly wide enough and doesn't look natural when wearing it. I'd almost prefer plastic here but whatchagonnado?

joker5.jpg

The body is pretty weak. The knees bend too easily as do the ankle joints so standing him up is difficult and requires a stand (sold separately). I had the same problem with my Blade Runner Android Roy and ended up porting him over to a Hot Toys bod so I'll probably do the same with Jack. The accessories are nice though I would have loved the boxing glove gun as well as an alternate "flesh-painted" headsculpt for the museum scene. His beret isn't quite as droopy as it should be either and the necktie needs to be longer.

joker8.jpg

The long caliber gun barrel needs to be even longer as well. You remember how ridiculously long that thing was when he pulled it out of his pants, it's only about half as long as it needs to be. We're talking about Joker here. That's a severe blow to his ego not to mention his manhood.

joker7.jpg

They could also have put a small magnet in his hand buzzer to make it attach better so it just kind of wedges between his fingers and the palm of his hand. The extra pair of closed-fist gloved hands are meh. I'd prefer a closed hand that could hold his cane because you have to just "rest" it in his hand since he can't get a grip (no pun intended). How am I supposed to make Partyman dance like nobody can?

joker4.jpg

Lastly the box sleeve is nice, simple, and elegant for an unlicensed custom that fits with the style of "New and amazing Joker Product" in keeping with the spirit of the film. All in all I must say...

LOVE THAT JOKER! :D

joker2.jpg

joker9.jpg

Nice pictures and review Dave.
Glad to see you got your Joker. Looks like your beret wasn't near as floppy and well fitted as the one I got. Very strange.

I noticed the pants color too after I popped the DVD in last night but oh well.

Oh, and the water treatment to the brimmed hat did nothing for it.:monkey2

Hmmmm....
Pre -Order Limited 24 pc made only

Estimate to ship 4th Qtr 2007

Version 2.0 Jack Nicholson joker 12" Custom Figure

* NEW short hand gun with flag

* NEW over size bow tie

* NEW Over Coat

* NEW Fake Teeth

* New Laugh Bag

* New Sofa

custom hand with gloves

over 35 moving joints base body

shirt,vest,bow tie, checkers pants,texedo,

shoes, trumpet,hand gun , hand buzzer

sofa furniture and more

100% hand crafted

custom box
Now I wonder if this version will show up elsewhere for less than $288?

I wonder if they are maybe just adding pieces to some of the previously released figures? Kind of like when they added the chair.

I think the only thing that would improve the sculpt is a higher forehead, besides that they really seemed to have nailed his look.

Important to note version 1 had two editions: The AOT Edition with couch and the non couch version which sold for 129 limited to 150.

I'm guessing we'll see the same thing happen here. If so, I'll pick up a non couch fig with long coat.

GREAT REVIEW DAVE! And very honest, love that. All in all, and for what you paid, a great deal. For $288, not so much.

Hmmmm....

Now I wonder if this version will show up elsewhere for less than $288?

OK, now this is the one I'm gonna get if this is true. No doubt the same figure with some other parts and extras. Maybe this is closer to a $200+ figure with that coat and stuff. I hope.

Back