Call me JOKER!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I heard about v.2.0 right after I just got v.1.0 I was annoyed but now that they have altered the headsculpt I am angry. Makes you wonder if this was their intention all along. It's the same marketing tactic Hot Toys used on their Robocop headsculpt to get people to buy the third one because they knew that would be the least popular figure. Even with the improved HS $180 is excessive for this figure.

I would be pissed too if I got a figure and 2 days later they announced a newer, possibly better version. That's a ****ty practice. If I had not waited to see pics of the prod figure, I would have v1 in my hands right now.

And who's to say that v2 will the last and best. They may do a v3 with a whole new headsculpt and better made clothing. It's like the Blade Runner figure, but they're moving much faster.

Well I guess Darklord Dave was right when he said that Art of Toys was not to be trusted and that their tailoring sucked. Both hats don't fit right, the bow-tie was too small, the checkerboard pants are the wrong colors, and now they are offering an "improved" version just weeks of releasing the first one AND for about $50 more. That's pretty crappy.

I'm sort of with that. I bought a TV Batman Set from AOT and it was weak. I sold the West fig and repaced it with an Alex Rojas. I kept the Robin fig because the tailoring was excellent but the HS was an Asian Robin, not matching proto, I had les repaint it but the set was overpriced and had no hands or feet, just cheap plastic boots and gloves over stumps. This was an AOT Exclusive btw. The BM belt was also wrong although Robin sent a replacement. It was a real rip IMO.

Well I guess Darklord Dave was right when he said that Art of Toys was not to be trusted and that their tailoring sucked. Both hats don't fit right, the bow-tie was too small, the checkerboard pants are the wrong colors, and now they are offering an "improved" version just weeks of releasing the first one AND for about $50 more. That's pretty crappy.

dekadentdave = fickle. I refer you to post #213 of this thread as proof.:D

How is that being fickle? They release an "improved" figure and now I just feel raped. I wonder if I can return it to Toy2. I'm sure Eric will charge a restocking fee plus the cost to ship it back to Canada and I'm out another $50.

I'm a little upset that a new version was released so quickly but I liked the figure when I got it and I still like it. The fact that a new one is coming out at a higher cost doesn't change that.

I just thought it was funny that you said the outfit was exceptional, besides the hat and the pants color of course, when you got it plus you loved the overall figure and now all of a sudden it sucks.

Your fickle dude. Just admit and move on.:lol:monkey3

Let's just see how much of an "improvement" this figure is first. My gut tells me the coat won't be right anyway and that seems to be the big plus here. And as to the new sculpt, they did fix the hairline but maybe the paint apps won't be as good -- this v2 figure does seemed to be a bit rushed.

Make no mistake Coco, I like the velvet suit and the costume. In my review I even said the pants were the wrong colors, and that both hats didn't fit right. I like the figure, but the DAY I got it they post v.2.0 and now that I see the new and improved HS and it just makes me feel like I'm stuck with the inferior "Bob Barker" version and that's just wrong. I was going to send mine off to Les next week, now I am seriously considering not having him paint it seeing as how they are pulling this s#it.

Hey Dave,
I'll buy your V1 off you... I always like first runs even if they are lesser figures. I was able to get a V2 on order through Toys2 already, but I don't care too much if I get the one with extra goodies or not.

Make no mistake Coco, I like the velvet suit and the costume. In my review I even said the pants were the wrong colors, and that both hats didn't fit right. I like the figure, but the DAY I got it they post v.2.0 and now that I see the new and improved HS and it just makes me feel like I'm stuck with the inferior "Bob Barker" version and that's just wrong. I was going to send mine off to Les next week, now I am seriously considering not having him paint it seeing as how they are pulling this s#it.

Yeah, I completely understand that. It still isn't gonna keep me from giving you a hard time about it though.:D

And Galactiboy, if you get Dave's V1 please don't cancel your V2 order at Toys2 without letting me know. If you don't want it I may be interested in it if they don't get back to me soon.

I'm waiting a bit on the Endo... I was fighting it real hardcore because I already owned the Aoshima version. But my buddy (sladesuperagent got the HT and said it totally blows the Aoshima out of the water.

So, I'll be getting one, but I have to wait a bit... funds are a bit tight with all the other stuff about to hit.

I'm waiting a bit on the Endo... I was fighting it real hardcore because I already owned the Aoshima version. But my buddy (sladesuperagent got the HT and said it totally blows the Aoshima out of the water.

I hope some us influenced you to bite too GB. :D:lol

Back