Call me JOKER!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the V1 Joker just repainted and the hair resculpted, or a different sculpt altogether? Either way, it's fantastic. Now my V1 will always be wanting...:monkey2

I forsee another mass painting job like below but with this Joker head.

HallOHickses4.jpg

Is that the V1 Joker just repainted and the hair resculpted, or a different sculpt altogether? Either way, it's fantastic. Now my V1 will always be wanting...:monkey2

Well Dave, having the same head, I can shed some light on the subject. Les took the original Billiken kit, cut off the beret, resculpted the top of the head and some of the mouth. It's funny how similiar it is to the V1 Joker head at least in the facial features.

MTV: What do you think of another actor, Heath Ledger, playing the Joker in next summer's "The Dark Knight"?

Nicholson: Let me be the way I'm not in interviews. I'm furious. I'm furious. [He laughs.] They never asked me about a sequel with the Joker. I know how to do that! Nobody ever asked me.

MTV: It was never brought up?

Nicholson: No. It's like, in any area, you can't believe the reasons things do or don't happen. Not asking me how to do the sequel is that kind of thing. Maybe it's not a mistake. Maybe it was the right thing, but to be candid, I'm furious.

MTV: I'm surprised to hear you sounding competitive about a role like that.

Nicholson: Well, the Joker comes from my childhood. That's how I got involved with it in the first place. It's a part I always thought I should play.

(What do you think of Jack's controversial Joker comments? Tell us at the MTV Movies Blog!)

MTV: Will you see the new film?

Nicholson: I'm not inclined to watch it because of what I said. But if it's a good movie, I'll catch up with it somewhere. I don't think they ever really captured Tim Burton's spirit [since he stopped being involved]. They kind of drove the franchise into the ground. Tim Burton's a genius. He had the right take on it. That's why I did the movie. I did the movie based on a single conversation with him. We both come from the cartoon world originally. We had similar ideas. Tim said [the Joker] should have a humorous dark side to him. [Burton is] one of the great moviemakers. I think the world of him. He's the most unassuming man. And he doesn't feel pressure. That's what I love about him. Once he's in there, he's smiling making the movie. That's it!

MTV: What do you think of another actor, Heath Ledger, playing the Joker in next summer's "The Dark Knight"?

Nicholson: Let me be the way I'm not in interviews. I'm furious. I'm furious. [He laughs.] They never asked me about a sequel with the Joker. I know how to do that! Nobody ever asked me.

Nicholson: No. It's like, in any area, you can't believe the reasons things do or don't happen. Not asking me how to do the sequel is that kind of thing. Maybe it's not a mistake. Maybe it was the right thing, but to be candid, I'm furious.

Nicholson: Well, the Joker comes from my childhood. That's how I got involved with it in the first place. It's a part I always thought I should play.

(What do you think of Jack's controversial Joker comments? Tell us at the MTV Movies Blog!)

Nicholson: I'm not inclined to watch it because of what I said. But if it's a good movie, I'll catch up with it somewhere. I don't think they ever really captured Tim Burton's spirit [since he stopped being involved]. They kind of drove the franchise into the ground. Tim Burton's a genius. He had the right take on it. That's why I did the movie. I did the movie based on a single conversation with him. We both come from the cartoon world originally. We had similar ideas. Tim said [the Joker] should have a humorous dark side to him. [Burton is] one of the great moviemakers. I think the world of him. He's the most unassuming man. And he doesn't feel pressure. That's what I love about him. Once he's in there, he's smiling making the movie. That's it!

That definitely reads like Jack. It's interesting, with a comic so old, HOW the Joker is has gone through many incarnations I imagine, so everyone's perceptions and influence will be different. It would seem Burton and Nolan have very different inspirations for Batman. I think I'll always be more partial to the whimsical, whacky Joker Nicholson played more than the more demented one it seems Ledger will give, but I grew up on Adam West Batman and I think Nicholson gave us that Joker with just a bit darker side to him.

I loved Nicholson's take on the Joker and it will always be the classic Joker to me, but I was always a bit more partial to the darker Joker stories myself. So I'm still really pumped to see the more twisted version of the character.

Was it a simple boil and pop to get that v1 head off?

That's actually not the body V1 Joker came with. Mine had very loose joints so I swapped it out a few weeks ago. I did however snap the neck off :eek: but I wasn't actually being that careful about getting the head off since the body was junk anyway. I did heat it up with a hair dryer but it was stuck on there really good.
I got rid of his belly fat too :D and put a little tissue paper in it's place. I thought what they had was a little excessive.

Jack, like most actors, can't see anyone else in a role he once played. He has no objective take on the situation. And that role made him a bloody fortune, probably the most money he's ever gotten for acting - so I can see why he's be a little possessive.

But I can't see that Joker in the same film with the Batman that Nolan and Bale have created.

Grumpy old fart!

But I can't see that Joker in the same film with the Batman that Nolan and Bale have created.

Yeah, the style of that character would not jive well with the current series. I think that they will be hard-pressed to out-Joker the 1989 version... but going in a more realworld sadistic direction will probably help with that.

But I think it would take an act of God for Ledger's Joker to outshine Jack's creation... he just nailed the character :rock

I think he was being tongue-in-cheek; the transcription does indicate he laughed after saying that he's furious. I didn't see the interview.

That was my take on it too. I can't imagine Jack being serious about reprising his role as Joker almost twenty years later.

It's hard to know if he was kidding or not, he did say he was "furious" a couple of times.

And didn't Adam West campaign to be Batman in the '89 movie?

I wonder if this interview is on YouTube. I'd like to see it.

Adam West wanting to be in the '89 Batman is funny and a little sad.

I coulds see adam west as bruce wane if they ever did a batman begins movie though.

I dont know if I'm gonna like the New joker. From what I've heard, umong other tings, his appearnce is achieved by makeup, the character paints the face on himself, it's not his actual face. I don't know, it kinda makes me wonder. But we will see.

Nicholson nailed the "mobster origin" Joker, true, but I've never considered that the "REAL, Definiteve Joker". Just never liked that version. Not sure why. Nicholson DEFINITELY got the personality, and the timing down as well, but he's just too.... BIG. One of my friends allways refered to him as "beergut Joker" . Personaly, Killing joke is my favorite. And ever since the mid- 90's, I allways Hear Hamil's voice in my head when I read the comics. there is just something that....clicks with it. i donno.

speaking of the joker, anyone know anything about this model?
https://cgi.ebay.com/11-JOKER-Comic...oryZ4249QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Debating getting one and using it's head as the basis for a 1/6 joker figure.

Back