Call me JOKER!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are killing me here with these posts. Its making me want to buy that Joker figure and Les's Jokers are crazy!!!!!!

I think there is no greater praise. I had no interest in a Nicholson Joker until I saw Les's work. Great job! Beautiful work! A+

Thanks Slade. That means a lot. Maybe I will, if I can get his info, I would send Jack one. :D

Anyway, this is duplicated from my customs thread, but here are the Drippys!
(Sounds like a 60's band.. :D )

Jokersdr04.jpg

Jokersdr03.jpg

Jokersdr02.jpg

I know there are subtle variances between them, it's almost impossible to get all that detail exactly the same on all the heads. I sort of try to make it go where it is supposed to go, but when I am working on one at a time, for each person, I am more concerned that it looks good at that moment, all the little drippy runs and all, for each person's figure, rather than if they all look EXACTLY the same. That way, when YOU, whoever you are, get your own head, it will look the best I could do for you. You'll see when you get it. Hopefully, any minor details are not that significant for you when you get him and put the beret on him, and he is there for you and not next to another one.

Best I could do guys! :D

Looks unbelievable Les! Great work :rock And I love how they are all a little different from each other... adds personality.

OK, for those of you who are curious about the different sculpts, I thought I'd provide a comp of Les' Joker, Jack's Joker and the V2 Joker:

LesvsJokervsV2.jpg

IMHO, I think Les' sculpt captures Jack's attitude best. The V2 sculpt has a fatter nose and bigger eyes which give it a more toy-like representation.

For me, I like my Joker full of disdain and menace.

Of course, it's really gets down to whether you want your Joker grinning OR laughing.

I'm considering perhaps a repaint of my V2 head into the 'drippy' style Joker. I wonder if his sculpted laugh would add to the creepiness of the melting face?

It may just be me, but I think the third one looks like William Shatner made up to look like the Joker. Love Les's version though !

:rotfl

KAAAAAAHHHHNNN!!!!!!

OK, for those of you who are curious about the different sculpts, I thought I'd provide a comp of Les' Joker, Jack's Joker and the V2 Joker:

LesvsJokervsV2.jpg

IMHO, I think Les' sculpt captures Jack's attitude best. The V2 sculpt has a fatter nose and bigger eyes which give it a more toy-like representation.

For me, I like my Joker full of disdain and menace.

Of course, it's really gets down to whether you want your Joker grinning OR laughing.

I'm considering perhaps a repaint of my V2 head into the 'drippy' style Joker. I wonder if his sculpted laugh would add to the creepiness of the melting face?

I think you nailed it. The head that comes with the figure looks like Jack as the joker, but the expression looks pretty jolly, like a clown you'd see at the circus. Les' head totally feels like a psychotic clown you don't want to cross.

Just got my batch of Les stuff in. Drippy Joker head in there too!

I'll try to post some pics later or maybe tomorrow. Too damn busy here.

Don't rub another man's rhubarb!

Yeah, V2 is pretty 'jolly'. Besides the paint issues (thicker eyebrows and such), another thing is his cheeks look...normal; he kinda just looks like a happy clown, not a man with a literally forced smile. Whereas Les' version maintains that deformed cheek look, so his grin seems more unnatural as it should.

Don't get me wrong, the V2 is still great (especially compared with V1) and I think it would be helped tremendously by a good repaint.

another thing is his cheeks look...normal; he kinda just looks like a happy clown, not a man with a literally forced smile. Whereas Les' version maintains that deformed cheek look, so his grin seems more unnatural as it should.

Looking at the pictures, I'm not so sure it's the cheeks, but rather the mouth gesture. Les' head is theorestically a closed mouth, so the fact that his teeth are showing and all emphasizes the feeling that a deformation is causing it all, there the base figure head has the mouth gesturing in a way that would naturally do most of that to a person's face. I'm sure a Les paint job could make the base head sing more than it does though. I still drop my jaw at how alive Coco's Joker looks, and I'm sure Paul will dazzle us soon enough with his stuff.

Maybe you're right. It just looks like Les' and Jack have 'flatter' cheeks, like they've been "deflated" from the gunshot and look more sickly, whereas the V2 sculpt seems more full and pudgy, more like a natural smile.

But yes, a repaint of the V2 is, to me, absolutely necessary. I do plan to get that done at some point. Must choose a style. But the open-mouth laugh is a classic Joker pose, so the V2 head is very useful either way.

Back