Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fhe5xmwhn6ak0rphsai1.gif

px5loxmhyoji3m3ehvdw.gif

But then theoretically, this thread is about the "figures", and all movie discussions are in the movie board.. As long as what we are seeing relates to the suit designs and doesn't give much of the movie away (which teasers shouldn't, but are getting increasingly bad at... Hello Terminator Genysis and John Conner). If it is just a nod to fandom I don't mind either, which some of the suit reveals stuff is.

If you look at it that way... Everything would be spoiler tagged - including photos of figures which portray a characters appearance in the film.

True. But these go beyond that, do they not? Revealing costume details, but further more an actual sequence and story aspect of the film. One previously unknown that may play a significant role in how the film plays out. If the/a major reason for Starks distrust and resentment of Bucky is not a spoiler (and on top of that new iron man suit tech we had not seen) what would be? There are people who wish to know as little as possible about the film, but especially the story. It's not that hard to spoiler tag something and give people the choice. If it's not tagged you(or whomever posts it) is making the choice for them. Not everyone is you. Not everyone thinks the same. If people think you should spoiler tag a LEGO set picture how exactly does footage of the movie not fall into that??

True. But these go beyond that, do they not? Revealing costume details, but further more an actual sequence and story aspect of the film. One previously unknown that may play a significant role in how the film plays out. If the/a major reason for Starks distrust and resentment of Bucky is not a spoiler (and on top of that new iron man suit tech we had not seen) what would be? There are people who wish to know as little as possible about the film, but especially the story. It's not that hard to spoiler tag something and give people the choice. If it's not tagged you(or whomever posts it) is making the choice for them. Not everyone is you. Not everyone thinks the same. If people think you should spoiler tag a LEGO set picture how exactly does footage of the movie not fall into that??

If I wanted to go into the cinema having seen nothing (no, not even a Lego set!) I wouldn't be reading discussion threads on said film. As far as I'm concerned, people who go onto a page which is quite clearly going to be discussing characters, plot details, etc, and then complain about spoilers deserve to have it spoiled.

Of course it's a different story when it comes to people who have seen the film mentioning important plot details or scenes. But things that appear in trailers or toy sets that are deliberately released by the company in question shouldn't have to be tagged, in my opinion.

As an aside, because I know we are talking about spoilers for something which hasn't been released (so therefore should be more spoiler conscious), rather than something that was released months or even years ago... nonetheless,

I think forums should have titles for spoilers, so you at least have a vague idea of what the spoiler is about, to then to choose whether to open it or not. No joking, on one of my gaming forums people are that **** about TV and movie spoiling, you get people complaining that a detail from Season 2 The Walking Dead or Season 1 Arrow wasn't tagged in their respective threads.. Really, if it is 2016 and you are following either of those TV programmes you should

know that (TWD)
Spoiler Spoiler:
or that (Arrow)
Spoiler Spoiler:
... If you are two or three seasons behind then you shouldn't be in there.. The irony is the entire boards get filled with nothing but spoiler tagging, and you ironically get spoiled opening the tag to see if you know what it is or not..

No joking, on one of my gaming forums people are that **** about TV and movie spoiling, you get people complaining that a detail from Season 2 The Walking Dead or Season 1 Arrow wasn't tagged in their respective threads.. Really, if it is 2016 and you are following either of those TV programmes you should

know that (TWD)
Spoiler Spoiler:
or that (Arrow)
Spoiler Spoiler:
... If you are two or three seasons behind then you shouldn't be in there.. The irony is the entire boards get filled with nothing but spoiler tagging, and you ironically get spoiled opening the tag to see if you know what it is or not..

Excellent point. I only started watching TWD last year, so I was in that kind of scenario, and had to be extremely careful with what I was reading. Avoiding spoilers is completely your own responsibility.

Back