Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....would it be possible to do what they're doing with the BvS Batman and give Cap switch out eye and mouth plates? At least I think Batman has switch out eyes....

I think you're onto something. Angry eyes need to accompany an angry mouth. And, yes, BvS Batman has interchangeable eyes and mouths.

That Cap figure looks phenomenal.
If HT are putting Star wars on hiatus for this, I may pick these up inbetween :)

....would it be possible to do what they're doing with the BvS Batman and give Cap switch out eye and mouth plates? At least I think Batman has switch out eyes....

I would be surprised if it went this way. And if they did it would probably not be on this figure. The reused head helps them keep costs down in house and allows for misses on some figures that don't sell. And this figure is so close to the Aou version it just wouldn't make sense to do it. And then to do swap out eye...I just can't see that. They would be better off with just swap out full heads. Cheaper and easier given caps design.

So looking forward to this film.
I know it's a few pages back, but I wanted to say 'thank you' to everyone on trying with the spoiler tags. And also to touch on the "if you're here, deal with spoilers" idea that was discussed. Motu, thank you for defending the use of spoiler tags being more liberal. This is a figure thread. Not the film thread. And until the figure information reveals certain spoilers, I think it's jacked up to just decide for others by not taking the extra 2 seconds to click the spoiler tag button on something. Like the
Spoiler Spoiler:
one. I avoided all spoiler tags and then someone just up and decided to post the spoiler on it, which immediately destroyed everyone's efforts to discuss with others that didn't care/knew to not spoil it for those of us that like to only find out on our own terms. If Hot Toys or another toy or item reveals it, that's a little in our hands but not much (we can try and avoid that info unless we stumble upon it physically in a store or on the streets somehow), but it's completely different if someone just decides to post all about it without being even the slightest considerate. Coming here doesn't in any way mean we've decided we're open to spoilers and it's our own fault. This is a toy and collector forum. This is a figure thread. All topics are very specifically labelled here so we CAN read what we want to read without spoilers. So why in any reasoning should I have the
Spoiler Spoiler:
thing spoiled? How is that MY fault that someone decided to just post it in this thread? It's not. It's taken out of my hands and decided for me. Me coming here to these figure threads in no way means I want to read spoilers about a film when the topic is the figures of the film, not the content of the film itself nor what happens to it's characters. So thanks to everyone that tries and takes that second to keep things quiet that are still quiet as of now. I appreciate it.

Back on topic....
Spoiler Spoiler:

J

You are welcome. I just don't think it's to much to ask that someone click a button to avoid ruining something for someone else. Personally I don't mind the spoilers and I get and have access to more of that stuff them most people thanks to my job. I just think it's a crap move to take the choice away from someone else.

I would be surprised if it went this way. And if they did it would probably not be on this figure. The reused head helps them keep costs down in house and allows for misses on some figures that don't sell. And this figure is so close to the Aou version it just wouldn't make sense to do it. And then to do swap out eye...I just can't see that. They would be better off with just swap out full heads. Cheaper and easier given caps design.

True.

Not sure if the CW helmet has a different paint scheme from AoU, but regardless, they could essentially just reuse the AoU masked sculpt and include it for museum type poses. Though if they did, I think that would be the second recycle of that sculpt, with it first being used on the SS figure.

The GA figure just came with the one sculpt with slightly bared teeth, as did TDW Thor, so it's also possible that this is the only sculpt the CW Cap figure will come with.

Yeah it would be a third time of using it. But there's not much point in spending the time and money to make another HS when it looks the same on screen.

As for paint...that doesn't matter. It has to get painted. If it's the same or not doesn't matter.

Me personally, I would actually prefer a second sculpt over the interchangeable mouth plates. I'm more a fan of just solid one piece sculpts.

HT teased waves of Civil War figures coming soon

12694957_10153312802262344_119907397900620119_o.jpg

Wicked. Really looking forward to the
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think you need spoiler tags for that. He had Mark 45 in the last film so it stands to reason he'd be on 46 in the new one.

Ha, in my defense I've been spending way too much time on Facebook BST pages where people actually think that.

Do mean where they're under the impression that sarcasm does convey well through the Internet, or they don't think that it does?

Generally, I don't think that it does. You can't read and see someone's body language nor hear the inflection in one's voice when strictly typing through a computer screen, which are pretty heavily relied on tools to convey sarcasm when speaking to someone in person.

All you have are capital and lower case letters, and emoticons at your disposal.

Italics used to mean tongue in cheek/humour/sarcasm too, although I don't see it used to much these days..

Back