Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh. I mean it will probably still be good but the trailers themselves have been underwhelming and almost identical. Are they hiding some big reveal or what?

Until then Wanda is still best girl. :chase

Never imagined I would see these cosmic beings in any movie so I could care less about her facial emoting skills because holy crap a film studio is actually spending top money to tell a version of the Kree Skrull storyline GTFO of here for real lol.

Hurry up FF and X-Men.

BP featured awesome performances but bland action. If CM is the exact opposite then it should be a hell of a ride. Sure the whole thing looks reminiscent of the first Green Lantern movie but if the third act is all about her flying through space and blasting alien armadas then that will actually be a pretty unique spectacle and will look awesome on the big screen.

Never imagined I would see these cosmic beings in any movie so I could care less about her facial emoting skills because holy crap a film studio is actually spending top money to tell a version of the Kree Skrull storyline GTFO of here for real lol.

Hurry up FF and X-Men.

Word. It's pretty amazing that the MCU has made such uniquely Marvel terms like Thanos, Wakanda, Rocket, Groot, Infinity Stones, etc., household names for normies and geeks alike now. Looks like Kree and Skrull will soon be added to the list.

I like everything i've seen so far EXCEPT Brie Larson. Her performance is just so wooden. It's like she went into this movie going "Ok, i've played a comic book character before in Scott Pilgrim. I'm just gonna channel Envy for this performance but i'm gonna play her serious since this is a marvel film". And what we got was a monotone robot.

BP featured awesome performances but bland action. If CM is the exact opposite then it should be a hell of a ride. Sure the whole thing looks reminiscent of the first Green Lantern movie but if the third act is all about her flying through space and blasting alien armadas then that will actually be a pretty unique spectacle and will look awesome on the big screen.

If that trailer didn't make BP look like a masterpiece then I don't know what does.

I have always loved the Kree/Nova Corps energy power abilities so much more visually interesting for me than GL green lines. I just love her super bright and colorful laser blasts.

Super Nova me baby!

Word. It's pretty amazing that the MCU has made such uniquely Marvel terms like Thanos, Wakanda, Rocket, Groot, Infinity Stones, etc., household names for normies and geeks alike now. Looks like Kree and Skrull will soon be added to the list.

It’s really nuts that we’re here at this stage then to tie it all together with the Avengers arc drool lol

I like everything i've seen so far EXCEPT Brie Larson. Her performance is just so wooden. It's like she went into this movie going "Ok, i've played a comic book character before in Scott Pilgrim. I'm just gonna channel Envy for this performance but i'm gonna play her serious since this is a marvel film". And what we got was a monotone robot.

I’m guessing her amnesia makes her look and act more reserved.

If that trailer didn't make BP look like a masterpiece then I don't know what does.

BP ughhhhhhh

The action in this trailer is already better than BP lol

Wow!! Looks absolutely awful. “I keep having these .... memories”. Who the hell is writing this **** ?????

I really don't like the way her hair comes after her mask shield turns off (1 min 18). So unrealistic.

The mask shield bunches all of her hair to the top, creating the mohawk look. Then when the mask is off her hair falls back down around her head. Awesome way to show both looks if you ask me.

Trailer looks great to me. I don't get all the hate. Some people feel they must have to hate things that become too mainstream I guess. I really like that CM is going to have instant history with Thanos since he pretty much obliterated the Nova Corps...

Bunch of negative Nancy’s in here

There was a time...not so long ago...when, perhaps, you'd see an end credit scene, or maybe it was the middle of a film, and the MCU would introduce a female character. And, like their male counterparts, the best of them had been beaten down, forged, even had their minds stripped from them, or lost everything and everyone, but they stood up in the end and fought...

Okoye.jpg
Credit: Petite Madame, "The ones we leave behind" series

Wanda.jpg

Natasha.jpg

Nebula.jpg

Valkyrie2.jpg

Geez even Hela had imprisonment and grief, plus she was d@mn entertaining:cool:...

So I'm not gonna get excited about shoehorning in a character whose main power seems to be she can set her own hair on fire at will (tho that'd be cool at parties) or sounds, script-wise, uncomfortably close to TFA Rey...

CM: I don't know where I come from but I see these things in my head!

Rey: Me too!

CM: I've got special POWERS...because I was CHOSEN and I'm just, like, SPECIAL.

CM: I'm more than people think I am.

CM: I'm gonna stop this war!

Rey: Me too! Er - which war are u doin? Don't wanna wear the same dress to the party LOL!

CM: Everyone loves my fiery personality and my mad inexplicable skill set! Even when I'm a b______, the guys luv it!

Rey: Me too! Everybody loves me! They fight it sometimes, but even my enemies respect my plucky fierceness! I just roll over these older guys with my charm and *fire*...

CM: I punched an old lady in the face and freaked everyone out!

Rey - OK, u got me there...but I gotta boyfriend who's COMPLEX but my *purity* will save him...
:banghead

E.g. I figure Feige is setting up the next generation of dollars, and a younger audience isn't going to care about stuff like Steve Rogers bein' chosen because he was a weak man, or questions of guilt/innocence (Bucky), or politics (CW), or a mental journey like Tony Stark and Thor...maybe that kind of thing will be for the Disney series.:dunno

(D@mn tho I already miss end credit scenes like the slightly creepy intro of Wanda and Pietro.)

Trailer looks great to me. I don't get all the hate. Some people feel they must have to hate things that become too mainstream I guess. I really like that CM is going to have instant history with Thanos since he pretty much obliterated the Nova Corps...

I'm sure some people have been relishing the idea of witnessing Marvel's first failure but so far I just don't think that this is the blood in the water that they are looking for. We'll see.

Back