Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings COMIC15 July $20 code

COMIC2015 it doesn't work for the New Jason Voorhees PF Figure :mad:

I thought that just went up for PO? Needs to be up for a couple months before a coupon will work

Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings COMIC15 July $20 code

This code came up at the start of July, much earlier than many others. Look at the fine print.

attachment.php

These codes are included with people's orders, packed in the shipper boxes. Usually you'll see them around the middle of the month and the fine print will read the 1st of the previous month.

So for example, if a product is listed on the site on July 1st it won't be able to be used on the August coupon. It should be usable on the September coupon if that one allows anything prior to August 1st. That code might be out in mid-September which would be about 2.5 months after July 1st. This is why the confusion exists for these things and some people will say 2 months and others 3 months. With the July coupon having come out so early, some items were already eligible after 1 month.

Last edited:

I shop at a few online retailers regularly and none of them give me even close to the 'discounts' back that Sideshow does...they really take care of their international customers...I am planning out some fall purchases right now...

Anyone know if you still get reward points when you use these monthly codes?

I wish I could win one of these Sideshow giveaways at some point!

I've been expecting Falcon to get a % off deal. But like someone else said, probably nothing until Spook.

Now that Falcon has gone to waitlist, that's not happening. I was also waiting.

At this rate there won't be anything worthwhile during Spook.

I didn't find anything worthwhile last year, except for reward points. I think SS is being very conservative in their inventory practices now and will risk a few (in their mind anyways, it could be more if they underestimate demand) lost sales rather than be stuck with too much of any one figure. Therefore, if you really want a figure don't wait too long once it's in stock to buy it, or you risk having to buy it in the secondary market for higher prices.

Since Spooktacular seems to be a topic of conversation, I have a question about it. This is my first year buying collectibles through Sideshow, so I'm not very familiar with Spooktacular. Could someone briefly explain it? :)

If you break them down then what do you do with the foam packing? If you toss that might as well toss the box as well.

There has been a lot of discussion about this in many threads over the years. If you're going to keep the boxes, don't break them down. If you don't want to keep the boxes, I'd look on ebay and see if you can sell them. There's quite a few people who have sold their boxes. If you are ever planning or may think you'll have to sell the figures one day, I would keep the boxes.

Agree completely....good advise.....Listen to the Ween you must jpuli28. :lecture

You will regret tossing out the boxes some day. Find an elderly relative with an attic.

You could also rent a small storage unit. That's what I do.

I forgot I even asked this question, been so busy, lol. Anyway all great advise thanks guys. I totally didn't even think about the Styrofoam :slap . Well Ill be moving soon and then Ill have attic storage, so boxes will remain as is. Thanks again.

I forgot I even asked this question, been so busy, lol. Anyway all great advise thanks guys. I totally didn't even think about the Styrofoam :slap . Well Ill be moving soon and then Ill have attic storage, so boxes will remain as is. Thanks again.

Just be careful about attic or basement storage and also in a unit. Since you're talking cardboard mostly, bugs love it, so make sure you keep things bug free and dry. Also beware of heat if you keep your extra pieces in the boxes.

I'm not going to use it..... link on the cnn.com website. :)

You Snagged a $25 Promo Code! Act Fast

Use code SDE-SHW15-QJ6FZV3S to save $25 off your order.

*This $25 promo code can only be used once per account / household. Offer good only on new In-Stock orders of eligible products. This promo code is not redeemable for cash and cannot be combined with any other site discounts, FREE shipping deals, reward points, gift certificates, gift cards, even if checkout allows it. This promo code will expire on August 10th, 2015, at 11:59PM (GMT), or while supplies last

I'm not going to use it..... link on the cnn.com website. :)

You Snagged a $25 Promo Code! Act Fast

Use code SDE-SHW15-QJ6FZV3S to save $25 off your order.

*This $25 promo code can only be used once per account / household. Offer good only on new In-Stock orders of eligible products. This promo code is not redeemable for cash and cannot be combined with any other site discounts, FREE shipping deals, reward points, gift certificates, gift cards, even if checkout allows it. This promo code will expire on August 10th, 2015, at 11:59PM (GMT), or while supplies last

How do you guys get those codes to pop up? I went to CNN website and kept refreshing, but didnt see anything...

Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings COMIC15 July $20 code

I believe they're usually google adsense ads that get triggered by your previous visits to the sideshow site itself or maybe previous google searches. I've had them come up on all sorts of sites. I also got one of these in an email from SS I think. Don't remember there being too much exciting stuff in the list. Maybe put something in your cart and leave it there too.

Back