Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SUMM3R15 August $20 code

When in doubt, clear cookies for the site and restart browser. Try a different browser if that doesn't work.

Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SUMM3R15 August $20 code

i tried both options you suggested to no avail :(

One thing i noticed though is when i click the eligible items button next to my saved codes it returns this "

Hurry — this code expires on August 22, 2015, at 1:03am GMT!

Home

Sorry, no matching products found."

I just got this 10% code today, does it take time for the eligible items to load/link to the coupon

Last edited:

Is this a 10% code you got on your account/email, or did you copy it from elsewhere in the thread? It sounds like one of those one time use coupons, except someone used it already. In those cases, just because it's saved to your account, it doesn't mean you can use it; someone else can use it first, and then it's no use to you anymore (no eligible products, in other words).

On the other hand, the $20 codes work just fine without any lag (in my experience).

Is this a 10% code you got on your account/email, or did you copy it from elsewhere in the thread? It sounds like one of those one time use coupons, except someone used it already. In those cases, just because it's saved to your account, it doesn't mean you can use it; someone else can use it first, and then it's no use to you anymore (no eligible products, in other words).

On the other hand, the $20 codes work just fine without any lag (in my experience).

It was my email account

It was my email account

I think something similar might've happened with some 25%/30% off coupons where there was a set number of uses for the code; so if you read the email too late, it might not work because too many other people claimed it. Though I don't remember if the error was that you couldn't add the code to your account or if there were no eligible items. Maybe someone else remembers that better.

Chicky is giving away a Stealth Cap figure on Twitter, you have 9 minutes.

I won one of the contest and emailed Chicky my info. Is she supposed to send a response?

Nope. Either the prize will show up some time in the next 3 months, or you'll get an email some time in the next 3 months telling you that you have to pay the $10 shipping fee. If you get that email, read it carefully and do what it says (I believe you have to reply with "charge my card on file" if you just want to charge the $10 to whatever credit card Sideshow has on file for you).

I would recommend taking screen shots of Chicky saying you've won, so you have proof that you won something. They give a ton of stuff away and if there is ever a discrepancy, they will ask for proof. :)

Oh and congrats! I definitely think free figures >> punching yourself. :lecture

Nope. Either the prize will show up some time in the next 3 months, or you'll get an email some time in the next 3 months telling you that you have to pay the $10 shipping fee. If you get that email, read it carefully and do what it says (I believe you have to reply with "charge my card on file" if you just want to charge the $10 to whatever credit card Sideshow has on file for you).

I would recommend taking screen shots of Chicky saying you've won, so you have proof that you won something. They give a ton of stuff away and if there is ever a discrepancy, they will ask for proof. :)

Great advice. I took a screen shot to show a friend that i won and luckily i did because they did ask when and what i won a couple months later.

Thanks. When I read the "rules" it said they will send a confirmation. I guess that's for the main sideshow account contests? And good idea about the screen shot:hi5:

I know we talked about this previously but I have some time now to hack up a script for you guys. What would you like to see?

Something that would notify you when collectibles go on sale or are gift card eligible? Anything else you think that might be useful?

Image link down above.

Let's get a head start on the September code guessing. Here's mine: P00RH0US3

2rdyerm.png

Tempted on buying the Mandarin.

Sounds about right that War Machine would get a discount a few weeks after I get him.

Sounds about right that War Machine would get a discount a few weeks after I get him.

Oh man that stinks :slap

I guess it's not selling too well given its high price point and similarity to the IM3 version, which can be had for a lot cheaper ...

Here you are Shawn :wink1:

8/6/15 - The $20 off coupon code for August is SUMM3R15

RULES:
1. You CANNOT combine offers. So you cannot use a $20 off code AND redeem RP on the same purchase. You can't use a $20 off code and a Gift Card. Only one discount per purchase

2. These codes typically work on items that have been up for PO a couple of months or longer, or are readily available for purchase from SSC. They typically do NOT work for items that have recently been put up for PO (in the last two months).

3. If you use one of these codes to save money on a purchase, you WILL still earn rewards points on the amount that you actually spend (not including shipping). For example, if you buy a $200 figure, and use a $20 off coupon code, you will still earn RP on the remaining $180.

Here is a picture of one of the coupon code cards to show the typical terms and conditions for these monthly codes:

View attachment 128211

Please note:

This was originally set up as a thread discussing one particular sale. Some members asked that we keep it around as a "current discount codes" thread, so I've deleted the original message and will try to keep current discount codes posted here.

That's a brilliant card this month!

That card would make a great poster!

Back