Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Current discount codes at SSC and other random rumblings SP00KY15 $20 code

Spooktacular is a little frustrating this year. The whining and greed seems worse than usual.

Any codes today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone post a link to the Facebook group? Did some searches but none of the groups that came up seem like they are the one you guys are talking about. Thanks.

giphy.gif

Every Spook there is complaining about this or that. I say enjoy enjoy enjoy. Those who have been apart of spook for years got to enjoy it to the fullest and have learned that SS is a great company and does care about its supporters.

Social Media has been great for SS and it will bring in the fair weather people who just want free stuff but have never put a dime into SS.
Yep the old ones were so much fun. Chat was a lot of people who were regulars. We had a couple people winning for free stuff but not anything like this. Random quiz give always, word of the day. Searching for banners to get discounts on 4 foot frank, Van Helsing and maybe a free item every once in a while. Scavenger hunts on the site. Multiple staff coming in chat to talk. Long discussions about magnets. Made up words of the day some of which became real one years later.

Odd...this is what I'm seeing when I click the link:
683e6caa8a6c896abd7476b517981fee.jpg

The group is secret now, you can't join.

They changed the group to Secret. No more admittance into the group.

Is there and echo in here? :lol

Well alrighty then

Yep the old ones were so much fun. Chat was a lot of people who were regulars. We had a couple people winning for free stuff but not anything like this. Random quiz give always, word of the day. Searching for banners to get discounts on 4 foot frank, Van Helsing and maybe a free item every once in a while. Scavenger hunts on the site. Multiple staff coming in chat to talk. Long discussions about magnets. Made up words of the day some of which became real one years later.

Yup! I really miss it because it was, more personal. But now it's just gotten too big, and that's why I think it's changed so much. There's a lot of people who only show up on these boards just for Spook, or for codes. They're looking for freebies and deals and that's about it.

:(

Pretty sad. I wish it would move back to that but I guess too many people nowadays. Hell, I may go check chat right now

Yup! I really miss it because it was, more personal. But now it's just gotten too big, and that's why I think it's changed so much. There's a lot of people who only show up on these boards just for Spook, or for codes. They're looking for freebies and deals and that's about it.

These are the same people who call others greedy or entitled. They only show up to get stuff. #hypocrites

What's stopping us from doing chat now?

It happens with everything. Things start out small, then before you know it, every man and their dog is in on it.

I know a lot of people don't realize this, but Spooktacular is a marketing campaign. These types of "events" are quite common and are used to generate interest. In a very specialized market such as this it is far more valuable to stretch your advertising dollars through product giveaways, and credits. In the long run you generate greater sales at a much lower cost. Yes, it's a fun event and I love it, but I also realize that it does not cost sideshow nearly as much as it appears to, and if I spend a thousand dollars on collectibles in a year ( taking their markups into consideration) offering discounts and credits during this event really pays off for them. I would not be likely to believe that any of the marketing department would cease to have these types of giveaways for fear of losing that valuable interest they have generated. I always know how many points I have and consider it when making a purchase. They want me to have those points to entice me to buy.

Well atleast I won a big beer growler for being Gandalf at my pub trivia. So it's kind of a good Spooktacular.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Seems like people have come through these boards and left a sour taste. I'm pretty new here and new to this hobby (I've collected other things over the last 15ish years). I joined these boards to get a sense of the hobby and its community. Just wanted to throw that out there [emoji41]

I know a lot of people don't realize this, but Spooktacular is a marketing campaign. These types of "events" are quite common and are used to generate interest. In a very specialized market such as this it is far more valuable to stretch your advertising dollars through product giveaways, and credits. In the long run you generate greater sales at a much lower cost. Yes, it's a fun event and I love it, but I also realize that it does not cost sideshow nearly as much as it appears to, and if I spend a thousand dollars on collectibles in a year ( taking their markups into consideration) offering discounts and credits during this event really pays off for them. I would not be likely to believe that any of the marketing department would cease to have these types of giveaways for fear of losing that valuable interest they have generated. I always know how many points I have and consider it when making a purchase. They want me to have those points to entice me to buy.
There is a huge difference between Spooktacular and Freaktacular. I recommend more members get involved in Freaktacular...do contests, give prizes away, maybe win one yourself. Either way it's much more fun than taking part in a marketing campaign just hoping for freebies.

Back