Custom Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker ROTJ 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello there!!

I just started collecting pieces for this project.... and of course I need help!

I got:

- Sideshow Jedi Luke (I liked those clothes better, it's just my personal taste)
- Hot Toys TT Luke Body
- on my list is also a wig for Hot Toys DX 07 head

Now I am wondering:

- will I be able to fit Hot Toys TT Slim feet into Sideshow boots? what about the pegs?
- has anyone tried to repaint the battle damaged version of Luke DX 07?

Those 2-3 questions... if anyone here can help me out, I would be grateful! I envy you all because you got this impressive figure made, I find it awesome. Great idea and work...

:clap

I didn't put feet into the boots of mine because I used the Medicom boots and the shafts of the boots fit snug on the legs to where there's no need for feet. But I did manage to get TT feet into the Endor Rebel trooper boots which was a challenge. The shafts aren't as tall obviously but they were a really tight fit. What I did was soak the boots in really hot water (not boiling) and then they were a lot easier to work with. A flat head screwdriver helps as well. I've used the same method on various Imperials going into high shafted boots.

wow, that sounds tough.

I will need a simpler procedure, like "no feet" procedure.. :lecture

thank you!!

I have both Medicom and Sideshow Luke, I use parts from both figures for the custom Jedi Knight outfit on Hot Toys Luke. I used the Medicom boots but I was able to get the feet inside the boots without any modification, but you'd need to use some hot water to soften the boot's plastic first, believe me it is not tough at all, and it'd be a perfect fit. The SS boots are bigger, so I'm pretty sure it'd fit as well, and probably easier. About the wig, the simplest way is to get the Medicom head and carve out the hair, just like what Jedijim did in the very first post, that is what I did (the head is hallow inside and the plastic is soft, so it's just a matter of sticking the blade in and follow the hair lines). I believe he was also gonna make a few and sell them but there is no more updates on that so I guess maybe that is not happening any more. About repainting the BD head, I think if you read through this thread, I remember there are a few who repainted the head to make it more realistic, added sweats and stuff, it looked awesome!

well, thank you very much for your answers! I get the idea about what to do with the feet.

About the head + wig, I already got a custom wig, I think it is a very nice one, I will see once it arrives home. Will have to sand it, in order to fit. About the head: the price on Luke DX 07 head, standard, is very high. I see that battle damaged version head can reach more reasonable prices. That's why I asked about a repaint of this head:

- do you guys think it is possible to make a repaint of the wounds? in order to make them "dissapear".

I had something like this in mind. Sorry for using another members image to make this quick edit:

lhHot_Toys_Bespin_Luke_Skywalker_DX-31_variant_zpsa965ced7.jpg

Do you think it will be possible?

sorry to disturb, but anyone with repainting experience can tell us what he thinks about my previous post?

thanks.

It should be possible with the right repaint but if you don't do that yourself you're likely to spend just as much on a repaint and the BD sculpt as you would spend on just picking up the clean sculpt.

Hollow out the medicom hand and lose the peg. I just made a hole inside the glove to accommodate the hot toys peg. I bit of dremel work but not too hard. If you mess up by making it too big you can always fill it in with hot glue or plastic filler and try again.

I use a Darth Maul Medi saber hand. Remove the Medi peg and plug in a Hot Toys one and you are good to go.

The wigs should be with you soon. Tracking says it is still en route. Taking a bit long though. Small world eh?

well, thank you very much for your answers! I get the idea about what to do with the feet.

About the head + wig, I already got a custom wig, I think it is a very nice one, I will see once it arrives home. Will have to sand it, in order to fit. About the head: the price on Luke DX 07 head, standard, is very high. I see that battle damaged version head can reach more reasonable prices. That's why I asked about a repaint of this head:

- do you guys think it is possible to make a repaint of the wounds? in order to make them "dissapear".

I had something like this in mind. Sorry for using another members image to make this quick edit:

View attachment 125691

Do you think it will be possible?

The wigs should be with you soon. Tracking says it is still en route. Taking a bit long though. Small world eh?

hahaha thank you!

This is a long-run project for me (may take some months to get the parts), will take me some time for sure, but I am looking forward to do it well enough..!

cheers!!

Back