CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First look at Brandon Routh as Atom
yymaZxX.jpg

Well I think it's fitting for a first attempt. I'm not familiar with this character from the comics though. No doubt the suit will be updated as the series progresses.

It actually looks pretty darn good. I'm impressed. Looking forward to it. It'll definitely bring a 'splash of color' to the show too.

Honestly, I dig it...somewhat. I really think it'd look better if they replace the helmet with a mask. I'd love it if he has an "I gotta get me one of those reaction" when he sees The Flash for the first time and he adopts a look closer to the classic Atom, in terms of his headgear. More than anything, though, I want him to shrink. If only because I would love to see The Flash interacting with a tiny Ray Palmer. I can just imagine Gustin's Barry totally geeking out over it.

As far as the suit goes, though, I really would love to see it get more simplified as the show goes on. We're seeing with The Flash that, for the most part, these designs can be translated in the DCTVU, and, with Ant-Man, you can have a fairly accurate costume without having to overcomplicate it. I'd love it if they sort of explained it with Technology. Ray's such a geek, and, if our phones show us anything, it's that we like our tech to get sleeker and slimmer, as it progresses. Throw in the ability to shrink stuff, and it'd be awesome if Ray shrunk his power sources down to a gauntlet or (as in the comics) a belt, which would allow him to wear whatever hero costume he sees fit.

Really enjoyed the episode last night. It was great to finally have 2 story lines come to an end that had been dragging on for way too long in Sara's death and Thea finding out about her brother.

The weird thing to me was the attempt on Thea's life. Did the kid just want to hit that before killing her? He has had plenty of chances to kill her so the way that played out was just weird to me.

Felicity putting Oliver in his place was great...you could tell that he was ready to stand up to Roy and Diggle but when Felicity speaks he listens. Love everything about their messed up relationship, lol.

This season has too many implausible elements.
I don't buy the Felicity/Oliver love story.
Oliver beat Merlyn, but needs Merlyn to train him.
Merlyn killed Sarah but no one is killing him and telling Raas "we got him"
Laurel trains for a few months and takes on the bad guys. .
I like the show but the shark is being jumped.

I am fine with most of this season, except Felicity/Oliver - those two have ZERO chemistry as a romantic couple - they are fine as they were. The relationship feels very very forced.

Now, Oliver and Diggle.......roar. Lol

Agreed about Oliver & Felicity and Merlyn training Oliver.

I honestly don't really like Felicity. I think she's played by the weakest actress on the show, and even if she wasn't, her character just doesn't make sense with Oliver IMO.

Oliver's already beat him, and he's been doing a lot of crime-fighting since then. Not just training a teenage girl. I think at this point Oliver is at the same skill level as Merlyn, or at least close enough to not benefit from being taught by him.

Regarding Laurel, I think they're doing a good job of showing how amateur she is. She's constantly getting her ass kicked, and the only bad guys she's fighting are thugs.

I think the biggest reason he wants Merlyn to train him is to improve on the swordsmanship, as that's what I think he would be weakest in, and what is the assassins weapon of choice it would appear...

Merlyn may know how to, but not be able to beat Ra's.

Those that can't, teach.

Felicity has better chemistry with Barry Allen.

Back