CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im going to agree with some of you that said that last week's episode was a bit too much for the flashback.

Its one thing to say that he was not on the island for all 5 years (even though it re-writes cannon pretty signifigantly) but to have him actually have come back to Starling city, go skipping around his house and company for awhile without anyone noticing him, and briefly meet Felicity and Diggle? Way too much.

Already this Amanda Waller recruiting a rich party boy with no military or combat experience to be a spy for her in Hong Kong was pretty freaking stupid. But this stretched even its own limits. They are quickly running out of flimsy excuses why Oliver didn't tell anyone he was alive.

I don't think they are done with the island as that is where Oliver is rescued from in the pilot. I imagine a lot of batfans are pulling their panties out of their cracks after that episode. Curious to see where that goes. I was concerned that the big reveal would be nothing for Diggle to do in the future, glad I was wrong about that. Wonder if his middle name is Stewart?

Yesterday's episode might have been the shark jumping episode for me. I thought this season was going so well, up to the last half hour of this episode. Ollie trying to rescue Merlyn. Him and Diggle storming Nanda Parbat was a joke. Nyssa takes out Merlyn and Ollie wraps her up with an arrow without breaking a sweat. Ras capturing Ollie again, but this time offering him to become the next Ras???? The inconsistencies were too much for my liking. I'll stick with it through season's end, but this is shaping up to be a good jumping off point for me once the League of Assassins story wraps up.

Ollie as the next Ras??? :slap

I agree the whole flashback thing was too much in this episode. And yeah, I don't like that he was rescued off the island years(?) before and was being used as an operative.

And, forgive me because I haven't really followed comics in a long time (much less DC comics as I'm a Marvel guy), but isn't Atom's powers to shrink or something?

Yeah lots of implausible/inconsistent scenarios. They have done so much to make this Batman, if they decide to do an actual Batman, Arrow will be obsolete.

This is likely to be a spoiler for most, its a scenario that has/is been considered.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Ok final warning......if you want to be spoiled :panic:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think they have. Arrow had no where near the intelligence that Batman has.

I have no problem what they are doing with the show. It's the same progression as comic books.

I do like Diggle and wish they would do more with his character. Hell, get him in a explosion and slap some robotic limbs and make him into Cyborg.

Two down. One to go.

Anyone else think that the General in "The Return" looked like a Kevin Bacon double???

Dude that was Marc Singer. Older brother of Bryan Singer and Loris Singer of Footloose and he was the Beastmaster in the 80's.

Dude that was Marc Singer. Older brother of Bryan Singer and Loris Singer of Footloose and he was the Beastmaster in the 80's.

That was the Beastmaster!!!!! I can't believe I didn't realize that!!!! :rock

Wow. Kinda embarrassed now. :lol

Back