CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the execution was terrible. The acting was fine. Camera work was fine. It is just the way they presented her "death" is what I have a problem with. Song choice I didn't like. It doesn't even play up the emotions or really contribute any feeling to the scene. The cutting to Damien and showing his family happy then back to Oliver/Felicity I didn't like. It takes away from the what just happened. It puts the mind in a different place. Out of all the ways to "kill" her, they did it in the least dramatic way possible.

If they wanted to do the "cut to Damien" thing, I would have it where after Felicity gets shot, you see her dying on the hospital bed with Oliver looking on in horror/shock while she is being prepped for surgery. Opposite of that is Damien family preparing for Christmas with a smile on his face looking on as his daughter places the star at the top of the tree.

In the limo when Oliver was protecting Felicity they took a lot of bullets, but only when he moves and drives away is when she gets hit? Really? Just a bunch of dudes pull up and shoot it up. We don't see her even get shot. Other opportunities to kill her would have been more of a impact. Felicity behind the glass with Oliver looking on into her eyes as she succumbs to poison gas or something. Oliver getting down on one to knee to ask Felicity for her in hand marriage only for her to be shot at that very moment in front of everyone. Or Damien personally killing her.

I won't believe she is dead until I physically see her body in the casket at the grave sit being lowered down into the ground. If they just show her grave I will believe they faked her death and she is in hiding. I hope she is dead just to see Oliver be like Dark Arrow or something. I like Felicity, don't have a problem with her, but for this show to progress forward, I think her death is needed. It would push Oliver over the edge where he kills everyone in his path and allows him to reconnect with his son and former girlfriend as a way of dealing/healing with Felicity death.

Are you just thick or a hypocrite? Talk about criticising people about spoilers :cuckoo:

Are you just thick or a hypocrite? Talk about criticizing people about spoilers :cuckoo:

You call me "thick" but don't realize what I posted isn't a spoiler since I POSTED IT AFTER THE EPISODE AIRED? Really, how do you come to that conclusion?

You call me "thick" yet spell criticizing wrong. I fixed it for you.
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

You call me "thick" but don't realize what I posted isn't a spoiler since I POSTED IT AFTER THE EPISODE AIRED? Really, how do you come to that conclusion?

You call me "thick" yet spell criticizing wrong. I fixed it for you.
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Clearly you don't realize not everyone see's it when first broadcast or that it's broadcast on different dates in different countries or even that criticising is an approved way of spelling the word in a country that developed the language in the first place.......so it looks like you're just thick then.:horror

Clearly you don't realize not everyone see's it when first broadcast or that it's broadcast on different dates in different countries or even that criticising is an approved way of spelling the word in a country that developed the language in the first place.......so it looks like you're just thick then.:horror

Don't be "thick" and go into a thread that a show hasn't aired then. Or are you unable to reach that conclusion? Wouldn't be surprised. You don't know how to tell a joke, so why would you be able to use common sense.

Don't be "thick" and go into a thread that a show hasn't aired then. Or are you unable to reach that conclusion? Wouldn't be surprised. You don't know how to tell a joke, so why would you be able to use common sense.

Does it have SPOILERS in the title? Don't be so 'thick' as to presume EVERBODY has seen the show just because you have. Have you got your universal spell checker or even better the Oxford English Dictionary ready when you're calling someone out for that one cyber warrior?:lol:lol:lol

Try looking up hypocrite for a start :thud:

Does it have SPOILERS in the title? Don't be so 'thick' as to presume EVERBODY has seen the show just because you have. Have you got your universal spell checker or even better the Oxford English Dictionary ready when you're calling someone out for that one cyber warrior?:lol:lol:lol

Try looking up hypocrite for a start :thud:

You must drive through a red light because you presume everyone will stop for you.

Just as you must go into a thread a read the comments AFTER the show has aired because you assume no one will say anything about the episode... after it aired.... like four days after it aired.... but okay.

Yeah, I am with Jedi on this one. If you aren't caught up then it's probably not a good idea to venture into the thread.

You said it yourself; "moments." From his earliest appearances in the More Fun and Justice League of America comics, he was smiling and quippy, and, while dark **** might've happened to him (Speedy's Heroin addiction, for instance), he's never been Batman.

Take the LEGO Movie Batman song, for example. "Darkness. No parents. Super-rich; kinda makes it better." When you literally can't tell whether or not that song was meant to describe Batman or "The Arrow," that's a problem. Would I have minded Felicity getting the axe if Ollie had been happy for a long time? Nope. Dark **** happens, but, when we've literally only got 9 episodes where Ollie even somewhat resembles his comic book counterpart, for the majority of his history, and, even then, a very muted version of that, at best, I'm ****ing pissed.

I can understand that you're not happy with the way the show is going but I do think you're dismissing a great deal of "dark" history to Green Arrow. Denny O'Neil's run on the character in the 70's could hardly be called fun or care free. Not to mention Grell's run on GA lasted about 80 issues. There's plenty of comic history to support a darker version of GA. I don't have any issues with the show having a darker undertone to it. However, it does feel like GA is Bats light. I'll give you that. That said, if the show took on the tone of the issues written by Grell or O'Neil, I'd have no problem with that. Personally, I have no use for watching a care free light hearted GA show. I wouldn't find it interesting.

I can understand that you're not happy with the way the show is going but I do think you're dismissing a great deal of "dark" history to Green Arrow. Denny O'Neil's run on the character in the 70's could hardly be called fun or care free. Not to mention Grell's run on GA lasted about 80 issues. There's plenty of comic history to support a darker version of GA. I don't have any issues with the show having a darker undertone to it. However, it does feel like GA is Bats light. I'll give you that. That said, if the show took on the tone of the issues written by Grell or O'Neil, I'd have no problem with that. Personally, I have no use for watching a care free light hearted GA show. I wouldn't find it interesting.

That's basically why I want "light" GA so much. I'd have no problem with the darker GA, as, like you said, there have been some great runs, O'Neil's, in particular, tackled some social issues that are still incredibly relevant today, but, honestly, I no longer trust the showrunner a with "dark GA," because, as we've seen, they consistently fall into the trap of "well, might as well make him Batman." The only way I even trust them is to give us happy-go-lucky Silver Age GA, because, at least, that way, he has an actual personality that is genuinely his own, and not some composite of another character.

Yeah, I am with Jedi on this one. If you aren't caught up then it's probably not a good idea to venture into the thread.

Agreed. Watch the show before you venture into the thread. That just makes sense.

That's not what this is about...its about being a key board warrior and having a go at me for something he readily does himself. It wasn't like it came about straight away but he thought he could pick on me because a few others had and he picked on the wrong person!!!

That's not what this is about...its about being a key board warrior and having a go at me for something he readily does himself. It wasn't like it came about straight away but he thought he could pick on me because a few others had and he picked on the wrong person!!!

I don't post spoilers. Sorry if you took things so personal, really am. But when you post a major spoiler and don't come back into the thread until multiple hours later to say it was a joke people will be mad, as was I. I don't care about it now though. :dunno

So.... sorry and lets just move on.

I don't post spoilers. Sorry if you took things so personal, really am. But when you post a major spoiler and don't come back into the thread until multiple hours later to say it was a joke people will be mad, as was I. I don't care about it now though. :dunno

So.... sorry and lets just move on.

I didn't come back into the thread because as I said I live in the UK and had corrected what I thought was the mistake but I was tired and got it wrong, it was around 2 am UK time so of course i'm not going to be on all night . Everyone else seemed to let it go and then you jumped on the bandwagon... Anyway its ended of now. :hi5:

Last year, Arrow kind of stunk. A lot of it had to do with DC yanking the rights of several characters (Deadshot and others) and forcing the writers to change the season long story in mid season. This year Arrow has been decent and this sizzle reel for the second half looks very good.

Uhh... I was hoping she'd die but oh well. They even showed her in the limo with Oliver after he visited the grave so it's not her.

I am guessing it's Thea? Who else could they kill off?

Back