CW Green Arrow series, "Arrow"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't you ****ing go there, Arrow. Not now; not after all of the growth. I swear to God, I'll blow a gasket if we get more of that grim ********.

The worst part is that I don't even blame the show runners. I blame the fans. I can't believe how many comments I saw tonight about "yeah! Go back to being a gritty asskicker, Oliver!" IF I WANT A GODDAMN BATMAN SHOW, I'LL WATCH A GODDAMN BATMAN SHOW. I'm sick of these audiences. Pick up a ****ing comic book, you entitled ****ing douchebags.

Do you think they actually have the balls to kill her off though? Hope so.

I'm not asking for old, gritty Oliver to return. It's just his romance with Felicity is so cringeworthy. There has to be a healthy medium and his character has done a complete 180 since being with her.

Remember back in season 1 when Felicity was a likeable character? She didn't have much screen time, she wasn't a main character, just that cute, quirky dork that worked for Oliver's company.

I'm not asking for old, gritty Oliver to return. It's just his romance with Felicity is so cringeworthy. There has to be a healthy medium and his character has done a complete 180 since being with her.

There doesn't need to be any happy medium. The total 180 has only brought him back to what the character always should've been. Oliver Queen has never been damaged goods like Batman. Green Arrow's always been the happy-go-lucky, Robin Hood type.

There doesn't need to be any happy medium. The total 180 has only brought him back to what the character always should've been. Oliver Queen has never been damaged goods like Batman. Green Arrow's always been the happy-go-lucky, Robin Hood type.

Not really. He's had moments when he was written as a darker character. Just read Mike Grell's run on GA. Nothing happy-go-lucky Robin Hood like about it. He even ditches the trick arrows.

My only issue is they shouldn't have developed Oliver like a faux Batman in the first place, but for them to try to retcon his personality and make him jolly, happy, etc. is just not believable. That may be the fault of Amell not being a great actor, or the writers, but it takes me out of the show and makes it less enjoyable for me. In addition, all the extra screen time and plot given to Felicity is a little ridiculous. There seems to be a lot of people who want Felicity killed off so I can't be the only one. :lol

I wouldn't mind if he grieved Felicity's death and then became happy again when he settles with Laurel. Laurel has to be the end game... you can't have GA not being in a relationship with BC. That's the bigger issue to me than him not being happy.

I highly doubt she's dead. Mainly because Barry wouldn't miss her funeral and would have been sadder than he was in the premier at the grave side. I'm guessing its Lance,Thea, Laurel.

Not really. He's had moments when he was written as a darker character. Just read Mike Grell's run on GA. Nothing happy-go-lucky Robin Hood like about it. He even ditches the trick arrows.

You said it yourself; "moments." From his earliest appearances in the More Fun and Justice League of America comics, he was smiling and quippy, and, while dark **** might've happened to him (Speedy's Heroin addiction, for instance), he's never been Batman.

Take the LEGO Movie Batman song, for example. "Darkness. No parents. Super-rich; kinda makes it better." When you literally can't tell whether or not that song was meant to describe Batman or "The Arrow," that's a problem. Would I have minded Felicity getting the axe if Ollie had been happy for a long time? Nope. Dark **** happens, but, when we've literally only got 9 episodes where Ollie even somewhat resembles his comic book counterpart, for the majority of his history, and, even then, a very muted version of that, at best, I'm ****ing pissed.

Last edited:
As much as I hate the idea of them killing Felicity, because of what it would, most likely, mean for Oliver's characterization, I thought the execution was pretty damn great, with the "little drummer boy" montage.

I thought the execution was terrible. The acting was fine. Camera work was fine. It is just the way they presented her "death" is what I have a problem with. Song choice I didn't like. It doesn't even play up the emotions or really contribute any feeling to the scene. The cutting to Damien and showing his family happy then back to Oliver/Felicity I didn't like. It takes away from the what just happened. It puts the mind in a different place. Out of all the ways to "kill" her, they did it in the least dramatic way possible.

If they wanted to do the "cut to Damien" thing, I would have it where after Felicity gets shot, you see her dying on the hospital bed with Oliver looking on in horror/shock while she is being prepped for surgery. Opposite of that is Damien family preparing for Christmas with a smile on his face looking on as his daughter places the star at the top of the tree.

In the limo when Oliver was protecting Felicity they took a lot of bullets, but only when he moves and drives away is when she gets hit? Really? Just a bunch of dudes pull up and shoot it up. We don't see her even get shot. Other opportunities to kill her would have been more of a impact. Felicity behind the glass with Oliver looking on into her eyes as she succumbs to poison gas or something. Oliver getting down on one to knee to ask Felicity for her in hand marriage only for her to be shot at that very moment in front of everyone. Or Damien personally killing her.

I won't believe she is dead until I physically see her body in the casket at the grave sit being lowered down into the ground. If they just show her grave I will believe they faked her death and she is in hiding. I hope she is dead just to see Oliver be like Dark Arrow or something. I like Felicity, don't have a problem with her, but for this show to progress forward, I think her death is needed. It would push Oliver over the edge where he kills everyone in his path and allows him to reconnect with his son and former girlfriend as a way of dealing/healing with Felicity death.

This show has got to ridiculous levels of bad at times this season. They 1000% need to kill/replace Laurel or the actress, get new fight choreographers and sort the stormtrooper aim of all Arrow baddies. I continually give up on this show and only just got caught up due to the flash crossover.

Back