Daredevil VS Punisher Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aside from Frank getting owned...

I am a huge fan of Punisher, but I don't think Frank has ever beaten DD in a melee fight; Frank usually ends up with his a$$ smacked around. Instead, Frank usually outsmarts Daredevil or uses the environment to his advantage. Most memorable fights are when Franks rigs the roof with high-pitch sirens and then pummels DD when he is disorganized; he then gives DD a gun and 'dares' him to shoot him to stop an assasination. Another time, DD is beating the hell out of Frank and Frank simply grabs DD in a bear hug and tackles him off a building.

I like this piece, and the base is perfect, I just can't see ordering it directly from SS with no EX.

I think this is part of the inspiration:

PUN-10-96-W-0771618035.jpg

Notice the .45 and the knife?

I am a huge fan of Punisher, but I don't think Frank has ever beaten DD in a melee fight; Frank usually ends up with his a$$ smacked around. Instead, Frank usually outsmarts Daredevil or uses the environment to his advantage. Most memorable fights are when Franks rigs the roof with high-pitch sirens and then pummels DD when he is disorganized; he then gives DD a gun and 'dares' him to shoot him to stop an assasination. Another time, DD is beating the hell out of Frank and Frank simply grabs DD in a bear hug and tackles him off a building.

I like this piece, and the base is perfect, I just can't see ordering it directly from SS with no EX.

:lol I know this - anyone who reads as much Punisher related comics that I do would know this. Frank could never take DD (or almost any other super hero) in a fair fight.

I know the dio makes sense, I've actually said this quite a few times in this thread. I was just kidding around with that comment because I am a huge Punisher fan, and just a so-so fan of DD is all. :lol

Garth Ennis' Punisher run from the MAX line is the highlight of this character. I like Punisher more than DD so I can see where all the comments are coming from. All things being equal, Punisher would go down against DD. The only chance Punisher has is using his resourcefulness and fighting dirty (which we all know he loves to do).

The underwhelming reception to this piece has really been surprising. Usually you get a pretty good mix of reactions but there has been like 80% indiference towards it. In my case, I just don't think this piece is exciting at all. The art direction came up short for me.

Gotta agree, especially with my space limitations I cant get every single dio that comes out... I wish DD's custome was slightly darker, with a bit more gloss. Anyways with Bowen's DD action pose coming out soon I'm far more likely to pick that.

Only one dio I'm looking to get now - the X-Men vs Sentinel #1 :monkey2 anyone that's got one to sell PM me :D:D:D

I hope there is no EX.

It's so not necessary to have one for EVERY statue. It would be much more special if it was just a once in a while thing IMO.

I agree not every single piece needs an EX
Looks like a great Dio I just can't afford it at present

I'm in there as well, I really can't decide to either keep this one or the WW Hulk vs Silver Savage... :confused:

WW Hulk vs Silver Savage is the way to go IMHO. That sculpt just flat out rocks. It is also sideshows 1st attempt at the Silver Surfer. That alone is good enough for me.

I'm in there as well, I really can't decide to either keep this one or the WW Hulk vs Silver Savage... :confused:

It just depends on what your into more. If you like the more realistic hard hitting stuff, I would go with DD vs Frank. If you're more into the fantasy, superpower stuff, go with P-hulk vs Norrin.

...or if it's a really hard decision for you, just get both. It's not like either of them are coming out next month or anything. Plenty of time to plan the money for both statues!

After much consideration, I canceled my order on this one and placed an order on the Blade vrs. Dracula diorama instead. If they were going to put DD in a vrs. situation, it needs to be Bullseye... or at the least, Kingpin. I want to see archenemy situations [Wvrs.S/ Bvrs.D/Cvrs.RS] or at the least "Battles that Shake the City" [Svrs.H].

It's a wonderful sculpt... I just don't feel the hatred with these two.

And all the detail on B vrs. D, + the light up feature, + the relatively low ES...
gonna go with the daywalker even 'tho I prefer the movie Blade to comicbook Blade.

After much consideration, I canceled my order on this one and placed an order on the Blade vrs. Dracula diorama instead. If they were going to put DD in a vrs. situation, it needs to be Bullseye... or at the least, Kingpin. I want to see archenemy situations [Wvrs.S/ Bvrs.D/Cvrs.RS] or at the least "Battles that Shake the City" [Svrs.H].

And all the detail on B vrs. D, + the light up feature, + the relatively low ES...
gonna go with the daywalker even 'tho I prefer the movie Blade to comicbook Blade.

You can't go wrong with Blade vs Drac. If I had to choose between this dio and that one, I would go with the Blade vs Drac any day.

definately take blade/drac great looking piece, just doesn't have the following that other characters have. that's the only reason i can see for this not selling out a long time ago.

i'm still looking for mine, hopeing that they will drop in value on ebay sooner or later, while constantly checking ssc to make sure that it's not on low quantity alert.:naughty

It just depends on what your into more. If you like the more realistic hard hitting stuff, I would go with DD vs Frank. If you're more into the fantasy, superpower stuff, go with P-hulk vs Norrin.

...or if it's a really hard decision for you, just get both. It's not like either of them are coming out next month or anything. Plenty of time to plan the money for both statues!

This is tru I do have some time, I might just end up with both because I really can't decide, it's like I'm more for the hard hitting stuff but at the same time I wouldn't want to miss the awesomeness of that statue in person as well!!! :confused: I have read some of the WWH comic books and they are all right not tremendous IMO but still a good story.

Still plenty of time though :rock

With a vs. Diorama people want to see thier favorite Super hero going up against a member of thier rogues gallary not a random character from the marvel universe!.

I have to wonder if Sideshow was working on a Daredevil vs Bullseye dio and Marvel insisted on a Bullseye deletion and Punisher addition. With the new movie having just come out, and the new Punisher comic book starting up....

Though it does fit in with Sideshow's more obscure references recently. Ghost Rider on a Throne, Iron Spider-man, Hulk vs. Silver Surfer. There was a Daredevil vs. Punisher mini series a few years back.

With a vs. Diorama people want to see thier favorite Super hero going up against a member of thier rogues gallary not a random character from the marvel universe!

Dude, you've got it all wrong. Punisher VS DD is not a random thing at all. They've been appearing in each others books pretty regularly since the 80's.

They have a very well established rivalry in the Marvel Universe. In fact, you could easily consider Punisher as a member of DD's rogues gallery.

I know a lot of folks don't want to accept it, but this pairing makes total sense to any longtime Punisher or DD fan. :gun

Back