Daredevil VS Punisher Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, you've got it all wrong. Punisher VS DD is not a random thing at all. They've been appearing in each others books pretty regularly since the 80's.

They have a very well established rivalry in the Marvel Universe. In fact, you could easily consider Punisher as a member of DD's rogues gallery.

I know a lot of folks don't want to accept it, but this pairing makes total sense to any longtime Punisher or DD fan. :gun

I gotta agree. I understand diehard DD fans wanting Bullseye, but Punisher and DD have been VERY, VERY longtime foes and have gone at it many times; probably as many as Bullseye. This is definitely NOT a random pairing. Instead, this is Sideshow maximizing the amount of fans they can sell this piece to.

I want Arch-enemies in a vrs. diorama: Captain America vrs the Red Skull. Wolverine verus Sabertooth. I want murderous vendetta hatred, "you killed my lover and now I will kill you... or die trying."

Remmber the scene in John Bhoorman's Excalibur where Mordred stabs Arthur with his enchanted spear, and Pendragon forces himself up the barbed shaft impaling his guts inch by painful inch until he can coup de grace his bastard progeny in return? Then he expires... bloody but satisfied.

That's a versus situation worth a diorama.

Not: "My creators have calculated that I will sell more copies of my own book if you guest star in it and even though we battle the same evil scum, I cannot condone your mercilessly unethical methods of crimefighting. Therefore, stand still while I trash you within an inch of your life! But since I don't hate you enough to cripple you, next month I will guest-star in your book so you can thrah me! That way, both groups of fans will be able to sleep at night."

DD would not kill anyone or die trying. He would do about the same damage to Punisher as any other enemy.

DD would not kill anyone or die trying. He would do about the same damage to Punisher as any other enemy.

Didn't MM intentionally maim Bullseye? For a choirboy like M.M., I'll accept a gruesome crippling. :lol

You are arguing semantics, a matter of degrees. If Murdock does not have an archenemy, he is not worthyof a vrs. diorama. He does have one, though. Punisher is not that.

If this dio appeals to you, by all means buy it and enjoy it. I merly observed that I will take a pass on this one because "I don't feel it.".

It's all good man. You were mentioning that you wanted bloodthirsty passionate battles for the dios, and that's cool. I was just trying to point out that you just won't see DD in that setting since he's a really nice guy - lol!

I'm not out to change anyones mind here, it just seems like a lot of folks that are poo-poo'ing this don't really unsderstand DD and Franks relationship. Just trying to shed some light I guess :lol

:duff

They should try and do some more dios like the X-Men vs Sentinel piece. I am noticing that the poses, for lack of better word, are lacking originality. I don't feel as though they always have to do one person above the other in an attack. These dioramas could focus on action team positions. Maybe sell a hero and a villain side dio.

That was what was unique about the X-Men piece. The enemy had been destroyed and they were still posed like they were fighting others- just that they weren't in the piece.

I'm thinking about canceling my order for it. It's too big and as nice as the DD is, I'm not a big Punisher fan. If they'd made it Bullseye or Elektra it would have been a lot nicer.

Back