Dark Knight Headsculpt Set From Chris Howes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not rushing, I'm aiming for top quality. Just didn't have the work time I expected tonight.

Critique is always welcome, I love to hear thoughts from different sets of eyes. I end up staring for so many hours at the sculpt that fresh perspective can really help.

That being said, I'm REALLY trying to get as close as possible first time around. I always make changes after the first round version, but I hope to minimize them. We shall see!

Completley understand! A second (or 50th) set of eyes always helps point out the flaws that you might overlook having spend countless hours looking at it. I'm really looking forward to see your results though! :D

Not rushing, I'm aiming for top quality. Just didn't have the work time I expected tonight.

Critique is always welcome, I love to hear thoughts from different sets of eyes. I end up staring for so many hours at the sculpt that fresh perspective can really help.

That being said, I'm REALLY trying to get as close as possible first time around. I always make changes after the first round version, but I hope to minimize them. We shall see!

sounds great man, take your time.

Yeah, don't worry man... You can't rush art. I know that for sure. So many times I promised something and things happened.. you can't predict life. :lol

I am psyched to see it though bro. :duff

Can't wait to see Joker licking his lips!! If it looks as great at your other sculpts I may just have to grab one...

striving for perfection. that's what i like to see. by the way dude, i fell asleep about 5 mins after i posted that i'd stay awake all night for the first pics, so don't rush anything for the likes of me. that it's at least started is even enough for me. once you guys start something, you never stop.

Please put me down for the two joker head sculpts. (unpainted) and hopefully modified for HT body, once we get some measurements. Can't wait to see them!

Just for fun, some pics of a standard (not joker) hot toys body and some DCD joker parts... No, no no no, I kill the bus driver...

The mask is not on the Heath Ledger head. I took one of my other hot toys heads and cut off the ears, which made a much nicer fit for the mask to look normal.

Here are some pics, so you guys know i'm practicing hehe, This was one of the first.

Picture_1319_2_.jpg

Picture_1318.jpg

Picture_1320.jpg

Note, this is not Chris Howe's sculpt.
This sculpt was sculpted by a friend of mine.

OK, finally!

Keep in mind this is a work in progress and not meant to represent the final look, hence certain unfinished and rough areas.

First, the raw head minus hair, then with hair roughed in. Check out the texture on the right (his left) side. It's a little out focus in the closeup, but I think you can see it a little. I'll be adding skin texture for added realism. I'll post better closeups once I get close to done.

Obviously, this particular likeness is going to be heavily dependent on the paint work. I've emphasized the wrinkles and scars slightly to help them show prominently through the paint layer. I have no doubt that Kuato will do a fantastic job!

Please, everybody have a look and share your thoughts, both good and bad!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

WWWOOOOOWWWWW!!!. Chris, I can't wait to get this prototype one to paint! It looks just like him man. That texture is gonna look killer with the paint on it.

Chris

Impressive! I love the scarring. I think the hair line is set a little too far back. And the test paints look great also.

tiny nitpick, but if possible, include the three boils at the tip of his right cheek scar. looks great otherwise, the scars are near perfect.

Nice so far, I guess I have to see a close to finish product that is colored. Don't get me wrong, it's look good but not an exact potrait yet. The bottom half looks on point but the top half, I think needs more improvement. Like mention above, it might just be the hair line being a little too far back, maybe if u adjust the hair, with maybe a few hairs falling over his forehead a bit. But so far I'm sold, when I get paid this Friday, put me in for a set too. :horror:horror:D:D

wow looks great!! just a suggestion chris, heath was pretty young at the time of filming so I don't think the wrinkles should be too prounced.

Forgive my rushed and not so great recolorized version here Chris, but this at least let me see that you do indeed have a super looking sculpt here.

4c.jpg

This is no actual paintup, but it may help you see what's there, and there are indeed details that can be added, hairline A TAD, not much, and some scar details, maybe just a tad more chin, not whole chin/jaw line, but just the jutting chin itself, and with that is pretty darned nice.

Hope my bad colorized pic doesn't put you off, but I had to see what some color looked like on him. Is a definately cool head! :rock

dammit thank you chris for signing me up! I'm sold... but who feels his hair needs alittle flip>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back