David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

If done right- this is Dc's answer to GoTG take-a-chance type of hit...

If done right- this is Dc's answer to GoTG take-a-chance type of hit...

I predict that it will either be 90%+ like GOTG or Mad Max or like a 16-20%. It just doesn't seem like the type of movie that would come in at a 50-80%. They'll either blow us away or be a joke.

I really hope so. As much as I love Marvel, Age of Ultron was kind of a flat experience for me. I still really liked it, but I guess it's all starting to get a little samey; formulaic, and so focused on setting up future installments at cost to plot developments and cohesive storytelling. With some luck, DC will try really hard NOT to emulate Marvel and do their own thing and do it very differently.

In any case, the designs are great, will buy all of the toys.

I predict that it will either be 90%+ like GOTG or Mad Max or like a 16-20%. It just doesn't seem like the type of movie that would come in at a 50-80%. They'll either blow us away or be a joke.

I doubt it. David Ayer has never made a film in the 90 %. Most of his films fall between the 50-70 range :lol I don't expect greatness from Ayer. His average is 56% :lol I expect a 75% at best. I don't see this getting close to a 90%+, same goes for BVS, maybe low 80% range at best. But I expect these two films get a lot of hate and nitpicking from both "fans" and critics.

I really hope so. As much as I love Marvel, Age of Ultron was kind of a flat experience for me. I still really liked it, but I guess it's all starting to get a little samey; formulaic, and so focused on setting up future installments at cost to plot developments and cohesive storytelling. With some luck, DC will try really hard NOT to emulate Marvel and do their own thing and do it very differently.

Yeah Marvel CU is starting to be too formulaic , and the set ups for the next thing is getting old and its almost this series of episodes vs a cinematic experience.
Its one thing DC did right with Man of Steel, may it be good or bad, it could have ended there and you got a full experience , you dint need a sequel to get what was happening or who that character was etc. and every character there you knew them by the end , you dint feel like , OK whos this , and thats where they messed up with Age of Ultron, pietro and wanda where toss away characters , we got more back story for vision then they did.

This is the one thing that DC has going for it although marvel created the interconnected universe DC can improve upon it and use their experiences as a lessons learned I too felt that the AOU was very formulaic. It felt very repetitive to the first Avengers movie not to mention they pace was off. I think their commitment to this family friendly formula binds their hand in addition the fact that they have to have those additional scenes just to show or explain back stories and for shadowing is really a detriment the next movie should in the schedule should just pick off were the last one finished no need to stick in a scene for Thor when I have civil war and doctor strange next on the agenda.

Considering that Brainiac might be the next villain I sure hope we have a different take on the evil A.I. concept.

Considering that Brainiac might be the next villain I sure hope we have a different take on the evil A.I. concept.

I hope they don't do the evil A.I. It's so dated and predictable...that's probably another reason Ultron felt underwhelming. Back in the late 60's when Ultron was created, the concept of "evil" A.I. was hot ****, but now it's just dated. It's been done to death. I'd rather see a green alien Brainiac played by Benedic Cumberbatch, although it's unlikely since Disney/Marvel owns his ass now. :monkey2 :lol

I hope they don't do the evil A.I. It's so dated and predictable...that's probably another reason Ultron felt underwhelming. Back in the late 60's when Ultron was created, the concept of "evil" A.I. was hot ****, but now it's just dated. It's been done to death. I'd rather see a green alien Brainiac played by Benedic Cumberbatch, although it's unlikely since Disney/Marvel owns his ass now. :monkey2 :lol

What about Alien AI? I want to see the collector of worlds, hopefully in an inhuman form... Or many forms, have him being capable of transferring his mind to other bodies, organic and mechanical, even if Ultron already did that in the movies, it's was staple of Brainiac first.

2116201-ac6.jpg

What about Alien AI? I want to see the collector of worlds, hopefully in an inhuman form... Or many forms, have him being capable of transferring his mind to other bodies, organic and mechanical, even if Ultron already did that in the movies, it's was staple of Brainiac first.

Well, at least the A.I. won't be created by humans. So who creates him, Kryptonians? People will then somehow blame Superman for that one too :lol

Well, at least the A.I. won't be created by humans. So who creates him, Kryptonians? People will then somehow blame Superman for that one too :lol

That's in Superman TAS, he's Jor-El's Jarvis :lol

They could leave him unexplained, just a dude who hangs out in space collecting worlds for knowledge, he has the knowledge of 10,000 worlds and stuff.

They're gonna be blaming Superman anyway, I bet they'll use the beacon Supes triggered as the excuse for one or 2 more villains :lol

That's in Superman TAS, he's Jor-El's Jarvis :lol

They could leave him unexplained, just a dude who hangs out in space collecting worlds for knowledge, he has the knowledge of 10,000 worlds and stuff.

They're gonna be blaming Superman anyway, I bet they'll use the beacon Supes triggered as the excuse for one or 2 more villains :lol

Wait, did you say unexplained? Then that's a plothole in the eyes of MCU Fanboys and probably most critics who don't like Snyder! :gah:

:lol yeah, you're right, well, have him say da jokes, everybody will be happy.

:lol:lol That works, maybe he can be an alien stand up comedian who comes to earth to make it big and get a sitcom, but when his dreams are crushed, he becomes evil and tries to destroy the world using bad unfunny jokes.

Yeah Marvel CU is starting to be too formulaic , and the set ups for the next thing is getting old and its almost this series of episodes vs a cinematic experience.
Its one thing DC did right with Man of Steel, may it be good or bad, it could have ended there and you got a full experience , you dint need a sequel to get what was happening or who that character was etc. and every character there you knew them by the end , you dint feel like , OK whos this , and thats where they messed up with Age of Ultron, pietro and wanda where toss away characters , we got more back story for vision then they did.

Well said- MCU now cookie cutter in my opinion (except TWS)

So TRUE! I could have written your post- AoU great watch but empty BLAH soon after I saw it

Well said- MCU now cookie cutter in my opinion (except TWS)

You know why the winter soldier and iron man 3 felt like full films vs episodic, simple, they where the end of the chapters and pay off.
Now look at everything else, it was all setups for the next one , even the Avengers films right now are setups for the next one.
Formula is now, here is the Universe, this film sets up those films, that film then sets up the new phase , this film concludes this series of setup, and one or two odds to test the waters( GOTG for example)

Back