David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

You know why the winter soldier and iron man 3 felt like full films vs episodic, simple, they where the end of the chapters and pay off.
Now look at everything else, it was all setups for the next one , even the Avengers films right now are setups for the next one.
Formula is now, here is the Universe, this film sets up those films, that film then sets up the new phase , this film concludes this series of setup, and one or two odds to test the waters( GOTG for example)

Yep- I know MCU fanboys are in denial but the films are now set ups for MORE set up films to come...all this started (unfortunately) with IM2...that was a big let down itself..

Yes IM3 was more of a stand alone film , despite the hate alot have for it...I enjoyed it for it's distinct flavor

Looking forward to Suicide Squad- !

Iron Man 3 cares so little for the other films that at the end of that film, he quits. Then, mysteriously, he is back in action at the beginning of Avengers 2. :lol

Movies that foreshadow other movies suck. I hate that The Empire Strikes Back was just a two hour trailer for Return of the Jedi what with it's little tease of the Emperor, constant mention of Jabba the Hutt, and talk of this "other" hope.

Batman Begins was good until the Joker came up at the end. I guess it was just a trailer for TDK.

Are there really people who still haven't figured out that you can Google virtually any celeb nude? :lol It's pretty much a pre-requisite for women in superhero roles.

I didn't see it but from what I have heard I think the better question is "Did she wear clothes in WOW".

Are there really people who still haven't figured out that you can Google virtually any celeb nude? :lol It's pretty much a pre-requisite for woman in superhero roles.

I'm busy on Google now...

Not Rebel Wilson.

You sure?

twbAxIq.gif

Well said- MCU now cookie cutter in my opinion (except TWS)

You know why the winter soldier and iron man 3 felt like full films vs episodic, simple, they where the end of the chapters and pay off.
Now look at everything else, it was all setups for the next one , even the Avengers films right now are setups for the next one.
Formula is now, here is the Universe, this film sets up those films, that film then sets up the new phase , this film concludes this series of setup, and one or two odds to test the waters( GOTG for example)

Yep- I know MCU fanboys are in denial but the films are now set ups for MORE set up films to come...all this started (unfortunately) with IM2...that was a big let down itself..

Yes IM3 was more of a stand alone film , despite the hate alot have for it...I enjoyed it for it's distinct flavor

Looking forward to Suicide Squad- !

Yeah Marvel CU is starting to be too formulaic , and the set ups for the next thing is getting old and its almost this series of episodes vs a cinematic experience.
Its one thing DC did right with Man of Steel, may it be good or bad, it could have ended there and you got a full experience , you dint need a sequel to get what was happening or who that character was etc. and every character there you knew them by the end , you dint feel like , OK whos this , and thats where they messed up with Age of Ultron, pietro and wanda where toss away characters , we got more back story for vision then they did.

To be fair Marvel, DC, IDW, etc comics generally set up additional runs. I agree that it's annoying that the MCU movies can't stand alone in the MCU but that's basically how Marvel Comics are. Reading comics, you'd know setting up stories basically been going on for a long, long time. I will say that I was hoping the MCU didn't do what the comics did (e.g. setting up future runs). Oh well, I still thoroughly enjoy the MCU/DCU and all of their faults.

To be fair Marvel, DC, IDW, etc comics generally set up additional runs. I agree that it's annoying that the MCU movies can't stand alone in the MCU but that's basically how Marvel Comics are. Reading comics, you'd know setting up stories basically been going on for a long, long time. I will say that I was hoping the MCU didn't do what the comics did (e.g. setting up future runs). Oh well, I still thoroughly enjoy the MCU/DCU and all of their faults.

The movies aren't that bad, comics nowadays suffer from crossoveritis, I'm completely fine with the MCU setting stories for the long run, can people honestly say MCU movies can't stand on their own? What MCU movie really can't stand on its own? If anything, maybe Civil War since it's said to be directly caused by the events in AoU, but even then, the ideology/personality clashes between IM and Cap were established since the beginning.

I have my fair share of complaints about the MCU, but crossoveritis isn't one of them.

We're 11? movies in. I think MCU fans are expecting set ups and crossovers at this point. I'd be shocked if we got a stand alone.

Back