David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

To be fair Marvel, DC, IDW, etc comics generally set up additional runs. I agree that it's annoying that the MCU movies can't stand alone in the MCU but that's basically how Marvel Comics are. Reading comics, you'd know setting up stories basically been going on for a long, long time. I will say that I was hoping the MCU didn't do what the comics did (e.g. setting up future runs). Oh well, I still thoroughly enjoy the MCU/DCU and all of their faults.

I agree- the MCU movies have the set up/strong links design- guess that makes them unique but I think it weakens each film considerably. I hope DC doesn't try that but it looks like they sure are trying

Not Rebel Wilson.

:lol :lol

Jye has Rebel as his desktop wallpaper.

BWOvfAMCQAAS6u-.jpg

True story. :lecture :monkey3

I agree- the MCU movies have the set up/strong links design- guess that makes them unique but I think it weakens each film considerably. I hope DC doesn't try that but it looks like they sure are trying

i think DC and WB are doing the tie in stuff but if man of steel is any indication, all their films can stand on their own and set up a wider Universe , example of that is the Lexcorp and Wayne logos the Ferris name hint etc, if done subtle , even with characters they can nail the wide connected Universe concept , Ok to be fair Batman v Superman might end up doing the MCU formula but if they end the film and we walk out feeling like we saw a full story without the need to another film to get the full story then they got it down.
Marvel is basically just going at it rough and in plain sight , no fines to it anymore, its very in our face at this point .

Haha blue ribbon [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
[emoji200][emoji202][emoji200][emoji202][emoji200]

Back