David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's "Suicide Squad" (August 5th, 2016)

The tattoo and teeth just scream millennial daddy issues. This is a Joker that has Taylor Swift and Justin Beiber on his iPod.

The tattoo and teeth just scream millennial daddy issues. This is a Joker that has Taylor Swift and Justin Beiber on his iPod.

Daddy issues

lrBKBYH.png

:lol well, if the Joker uses his teeth to cut through steel beams, I'll give him a break.

I actually wouldn't mind it as much, if they used that Grant Morrison "super-sanity" concept where his personality is constantly changing with the times, but, frankly, I don't think they're that smart.:lol

It's just such a frustrating thing. I like Leto, I like that it's a movie about bad guys, I like the general look being based on TDKR, I like the director, I just will never get behind the tattoo on the forehead. They could have the most amazing, funny explanation for it ever and I still won't care. To get so much right and just ruin it... ugh

It's just such a frustrating thing. I like Leto, I like that it's a movie about bad guys, I like the general look being based on TDKR, I like the director, I just will never get behind the tattoo on the forehead. They could have the most amazing, funny explanation for it ever and I still won't care. To get so much right and just ruin it... ugh

I know what you mean. It's like you got this amazing new carpet; the color's great, the materials are perfect, but there's this deep stain that won't come out, and they have an explicit "no returns" policy. I was talking about it with my buddy the other day, and he pretty much reiterated what you said; that Leto could be the most amazing Joker ever, but it still wouldn't matter because, and I'm quoting my buddy, here, "I'd walk out of the theater thinking 'that dude looks like a *****k.'":lol

My Brother "he's trying too hard, his smile looks like *****king fire marshall Bill!" Haha

I think he'd look better without the tattoo, darker hair and closed shirt with a tie.

BTW I saw a guy say that Jared Leto is a big fan of Jimmy Eat world's album called "Damage" so he put it on his forehead. *shrugs

Repped. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm already shifting on the look. That fanart looks great.

I just saw Dallas Buyers Club and I totally believe that he'll do the character Justice.

The facial expressions in this scene convinced me:

I'm still on the fence about the tattoos. I just don't see the character having tattoos. I'm not concerned at all with Jared Leto pulling off a good Joker, I think he can do it. I know most people were surprised with Heath Ledger, and I'll readily admit I was one of them who didn't think he could play Joker.

I hate hate hate those grills. They never look good on anyone. And just that one damaged tattoo. Otherwise it's perfect

At least the Tattoo is honest. He is indeed damaged goods. Could be the greatest Joker in history across the board, live-action, animated, games, still would never, ever buy anything with his image. Figures, busts, art, nothing. Right up there with the redesigned TMNT in the what the hell were they thinking category.

Back