David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

Leto better get rid of the Jesus look and cut the hair short. I don't want to see a "rock star" Joker...

or a Kevin Smith Joker :monkey4

iY50krr.jpg

Just to say that pic is awesome.

Be glad that Tom Hardy isn't playing Rick ***.

Freaking variety, man. :slap

I'm ok with Hardy doing whatever, he's a good actor, I would have preferred if he was Deathshot though.

What I don't care for is the guy they cast as Boomerang, they could have picked someone with even less personality, it's like they're not even trying.

This just got bumped to my second most anticipated superhero movie, not be big on Leto as Joker yet, but hopefully he proves me wrong, everyone else in the cast I’m okay with, even Jai Courtney.

Ugh. Why Will Smith as Deadshot? That makes me want him shot dead. So miscast. Why can't we get a white guy playing a black comic character now? I hate the double standard that its OK to change a white character black but not the other way around.

Yeah, I thought that was interesting, too. Going into it, I thought that Hardy was going to be the badass assassin (Deadshot), and that Will Smith would be the "man behind the curtain," if you will (Flag). I'm betting we'll probably see Flag play a role more akin to Steve Trevor in the New 52, with him being more of a superspy point man than a hard nosed military colonel who hands out dossiers and debriefs the group after missions.

Ugh. Why Will Smith as Deadshot? That makes me want him shot dead. So miscast. Why can't we get a white guy playing a black comic character now? I hate the double standard that its OK to change a white character black but not the other way around.

Is Deadshot's race an integral part of the character and who he is? If not, I don't give a damn if the guy is blue, green or black :lol

Black Deadshot is completely irrelevant, if Will Smith is a miscast it's for other reasons, like the fact that he has huge ears and a dork face, Lawton looks like a total playa, not a dork, but I don't care about that, Smith is a capable actor and with proper make up or costume he should be great.

Leto will be just fine. He's not even trying to be the joker in this and I can just imagine what he can do if he actually tries.

You might have just sold me with this video actually :lol

Come on man, Will Smith is great actor and Deadshot being Caucasian in the comics has nothing to do with his character, and theres been a ton of whitewashing going in Hollywood for years, would you really have preferred Jai Courtney play Deadshot over Will Smith? I certainly wouldn’t.

Cast looks ok for the most part, Jared Leto as Joker is AWESOME.

I hope they also cast Viola Davis, hurray for pre 52 Wall!

WTF Cara Delavigne? :lol

I’m reading that Oprah is there first choice though, I’d actually be interested in seeing Oprah play a villain.

SUICIDE SQUAD: Oprah Winfrey Eyed For 'Amanda Waller'; Jesse Eisenberg Still In Talks

The cast of Suicide Squad is, well, amazing (you can find the full line-up by clicking here). However, there are still a few key roles left to be filled, with one of the biggest - no pun intended - being Amanda Waller. The character has been slimmed down twice now, first in Green Lantern and then more recently in Arrow, but it appears as if the DC Cinematic Universe's version will be much closer to her comic book counterpart in terms of appearance...sort of! According to Variety, Viola Davis (The Help), Octavia Spencer (Snowpiercer), and Oprah Winfrey (The Butler) are all being eyed, with the Oprah said to be the top choice. On the Lex Luthor front, both that site and Deadline say he's still in talks, but the latter say that they've heard he WILL be in the movie. Thoughts?

My friend just made a good point, this seems like WB and DC's gut reaction to Guardians of the Galaxy.

Not quite sure how a new Joker can work in a non-Batman film or why you'd introduce Harley Quinn for the first time in a non-Batman film. Seems weird.

It'd be kind of interesting if the Batman solo movie wound up being a prequel. We see Joker and Harley, incarcerated, and reluctantly working for the government in Suicide Squad, and we see how they got there a couple years later. With that being said, this is a universe with an established Batman, as they've said, I don't see how the Joker working outside of the context of a Batman film would be much of a problem with those rules in place. Joker exists, and he got caught, and so did Harley, his girlfriend.

Back