David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

Like I said, it'd be amazing if they revealed it was a joke and made all the people defending it look like posers. :lol Still holding out hope that's the case.

Jared Leto suggested the tats in the first place, probably not a joke

How can anyone be undecided, it's one of those designs where you either love it right away or hate it.

He's got damaged written on his forehead for christs sake, decide dammit! :lol

I wonder what their take on Two-Face will be? Killer Croc will probably have full body tattoos, subdermal implants, and filed down teeth.:lol

I expect/want them to take notes from Azzarello/Bermejo's novel.
There's no need for him to be a literal monster.

Great design evarrrr!!!! w00t!

Seriously, almost 24 hours later....still love it.

Can't wait for fanboys to get 'Damaged' tattooed on their forehead!!! :lol :yess:

I'm not a huge fan of the look so far, but there's some truth to this :lol

DmprD53.jpg

Another pic of Joker has emerged on Twitter:

CDbu9Y7W0AAJFWK.jpg

In this shot, it seems to be taken off the monitors of one of the film's cameras, given the timestamps and the like you can see. You also can't see nearly as much in the way of detail around The Joker's tattoos, since the contrast is so high and the lights obscure a lot of detail.

Jared Leto's Joker Gets A Second Look | Comicbook.com

I'll throw my hat into the category of not liking the face tats and metal teeth. I can get behind the logic of batman knocking his teeth out, but those face tats are just too much for me IMO.

I expect/want them to take notes from Azzarello/Bermejo's novel.
There's no need for him to be a literal monster.
It'd be nice though...

Another pic of Joker has emerged on Twitter:

CDbu9Y7W0AAJFWK.jpg

Comparing the two pics, from that angle we should be able to see some of the "Damaged" tattoo, here's hoping the tats were only for the promo pic.

Of course the possibility still lies that both pics are legitimate and that the tattooed look is the "final look" of him in this film. He is only making a cameo of sorts, so he could start one way in flashbacks or memories especially if Harley's backstory sticks to rumor and then be seen in a different view when he makes his actual appearance.

I want to explain a little why I like it.

First, as a disclaimer, I can 110% understand why people hate this design, and I don't blame them; it isn't classic Joker. But I want to give my side.

This Joker to me has a classic look, with an Azzarello Joker. Which ironically has a Dark Knight look, but a bit more psycho Joker. However, let's continue with Azzarello. He has a drug addicted, emotionally unstable, and is with a stripper Harley (if they went this route with Robbie, I wouldn't mind. :naughty:lol)

tumblr_lb07jpI2Po1qd0qmvo1_500.jpg

My point is that we have a Joker who now has drugs to explain his psychotic episodes. That to me isn't Joker yet no one had too much a problem with it.Then again, it wasn't a big deal to me. However, he has a Joker vibe none the less, and I believed he was joking about tattoos in that one.

So let's continue about looks, yes, I get that no one likes it and it's over the top to say "Damaged", but I see it closer as a reference (IMO) to R.I.P Batman. Which I'd rather have a damaged tattoo than a bullet hole and split tongue.

tumblr_m6x2v0KRUG1rq2sedo1_400.png

To continue with the look alike, this joker certainly has the same physique as Leto in the photo.

JokerwithDualKnives.jpg

And as for overall looks, I'd much rather this than Capullo's Joker. I get it shows a bit of how crazy Joker is that he is willing to cut off his face.

GalleryComics_1900x900_20140924_BM_DOTF_B%26M_SET_53f7cd0a6bc8d2.82886291.jpg

So if Joker can do: drugs, split his tongue, cut off his face, become emotionally unstable (which is his mental state), I don't see why tattoos can't be on him. Like mentioned before, he had been in prison for some time, realistically why wouldn't he get tattoos? He also has make-up (which I see it as a Dark Knight Returns homage), so it proves that in a way, he has to show he is the Joker on the outside. It's the same as to why Wayne has to be clothed in complete black and requires gadgets to either look or be blazed with his emblem. He has to show that he looks like Batman.

I know it isn't the same, but it makes sense, and also Joker is being classy to a point. The use of classy is someone who is sophisticated, an alteration of character due to experience, education or complex entirely. Joker is complex, him getting a grill and tattoo is unexpected and very much himself. I believe when people say classy, they expect him to have a groomed hair style, fine suit, elegant hide outs, but the reality is that Joker had a groomed hairstyle and wears suits as a look. He does not care at all about people's views of his looks. He wants to stand out, if he wanted to blend, he wouldn't need to wear make up and purple suits. His hideouts are either one of two: a carnival ground or ****** broken down warehouse/apartment. So what I mean to say is that we mustn't say Joker is classy in a way of status.

Nicholson had an educated Joker, sort of, he knew about politics and the extravagant and he hated it. He was rebellious, but with an understanding. Ledger too had a calculating Joker, understanding criminals, however he was trying to do everything out of fun. To me Joker isn't some master criminal, he is just so ****ing unpredictable. He could pretend to shoot someone for the sake of watching them **** themselves (very much B:TAS) or he will ****ing murder 20 people in a tunnel of love simply because he can (TDKR).

I'm just saying that I like it because it's different. I don't want that completely definitive Joker (Killing Joke for me), because if we get another one, it'll be disappointing to not get the same thing. After Ledger, I like getting different versions, and this one seems to accumulate a lot of different Jokers.

All just my opinion of course.

I want to explain a little why I like it.

First, as a disclaimer, I can 110% understand why people hate this design, and I don't blame them; it isn't classic Joker. But I want to give my side.

This Joker to me has a classic look, with an Azzarello Joker. Which ironically has a Dark Knight look, but a bit more psycho Joker. However, let's continue with Azzarello. He has a drug addicted, emotionally unstable, and is with a stripper Harley (if they went this route with Robbie, I wouldn't mind. :naughty:lol)

tumblr_lb07jpI2Po1qd0qmvo1_500.jpg

My point is that we have a Joker who now has drugs to explain his psychotic episodes. That to me isn't Joker yet no one had too much a problem with it.Then again, it wasn't a big deal to me. However, he has a Joker vibe none the less, and I believed he was joking about tattoos in that one.

So let's continue about looks, yes, I get that no one likes it and it's over the top to say "Damaged", but I see it closer as a reference (IMO) to R.I.P Batman. Which I'd rather have a damaged tattoo than a bullet hole and split tongue.

tumblr_m6x2v0KRUG1rq2sedo1_400.png

To continue with the look alike, this joker certainly has the same physique as Leto in the photo.

JokerwithDualKnives.jpg

And as for overall looks, I'd much rather this than Capullo's Joker. I get it shows a bit of how crazy Joker is that he is willing to cut off his face.

GalleryComics_1900x900_20140924_BM_DOTF_B%26M_SET_53f7cd0a6bc8d2.82886291.jpg

So if Joker can do: drugs, split his tongue, cut off his face, become emotionally unstable (which is his mental state), I don't see why tattoos can't be on him. Like mentioned before, he had been in prison for some time, realistically why wouldn't he get tattoos? He also has make-up (which I see it as a Dark Knight Returns homage), so it proves that in a way, he has to show he is the Joker on the outside. It's the same as to why Wayne has to be clothed in complete black and requires gadgets to either look or be blazed with his emblem. He has to show that he looks like Batman.

I know it isn't the same, but it makes sense, and also Joker is being classy to a point. The use of classy is someone who is sophisticated, an alteration of character due to experience, education or complex entirely. Joker is complex, him getting a grill and tattoo is unexpected and very much himself. I believe when people say classy, they expect him to have a groomed hair style, fine suit, elegant hide outs, but the reality is that Joker had a groomed hairstyle and wears suits as a look. He does not care at all about people's views of his looks. He wants to stand out, if he wanted to blend, he wouldn't need to wear make up and purple suits. His hideouts are either one of two: a carnival ground or ****** broken down warehouse/apartment. So what I mean to say is that we mustn't say Joker is classy in a way of status.

Nicholson had an educated Joker, sort of, he knew about politics and the extravagant and he hated it. He was rebellious, but with an understanding. Ledger too had a calculating Joker, understanding criminals, however he was trying to do everything out of fun. To me Joker isn't some master criminal, he is just so ****ing unpredictable. He could pretend to shoot someone for the sake of watching them **** themselves (very much B:TAS) or he will ****ing murder 20 people in a tunnel of love simply because he can (TDKR).

I'm just saying that I like it because it's different. I don't want that completely definitive Joker (Killing Joke for me), because if we get another one, it'll be disappointing to not get the same thing. After Ledger, I like getting different versions, and this one seems to accumulate a lot of different Jokers.

All just my opinion of course.

thats an Excellent post man, just excellent

Back