David Ayer's Academy Award winning "Suicide Squad"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC's Suicide Squad movie

Yeah, but I meant the Marvel division will win the boxoffice. SW won't make more money than Marvel, but yeah, they are both own by the mouse.

You don't think SW will destroy the box office? You might be right I don't see many young kids running to see Star Wars like AOU . I do think SW will crush some records

I disagree. I'm a huge Marvel fanboy (DC too FWIW) but the new Star Wars movie will break any box office record held by any Marvel film so far. It will destroy the box office on hype alone.

You don't think SW will destroy the box office? You might be right I don't see many young kids running to see Star Wars like AOU . I do think SW will crush some records

The opening weekend, yes. But by the end of the year, between Antman and Avengers 2, the MCU will make more money. You'll see. Neither Marvel or SW is getting near Avatar though.

I think SW will beat it opening and total.

PT was long ago, people are either over it or are dying for great SW, which most believe TFA wil deliver, therefore everyone is ready for new SW.

AOU is tracking IM3 numbers, not Avengers numbers, if I read that correctly.

SW is our cultural deity.

Last edited:

The kiddies of today are hooked on the marvel heroes stuff, it's the grown ups who'll spend on SW.

I agree, Star Wars' hype exists only in the more adult demographic, while Marvel has all the demographicz.

I want to agree, but kids today don't even like Superheros anymore, they worship texting and Minecraft. :lol
Maybe not the comics, but they obviously love the movies.

The opening weekend, yes. But by the end of the year, between Antman and Avengers 2, the MCU will make more money. You'll see. Neither Marvel or SW is getting near Avatar though.

tumblr_inline_ms29d3UZik1qz4rgp.gif

I think SW will beat it opening and total.

PT was long ago, people are either over it or are dying for great SW, which most believe TFA wil deliver, therefore everyone is ready for new SW.

AOU is tracking IM3 numbers, not Avengers numbers, if I read that correctly.

SW is our cultural deity.

I don't think AOU will make as much as the first Avengers, because the first film made over 600 million in the US, and I don't see that happening again because something like that is very rare. It might make more money internationally though, especially in China which is probably the biggest foreign market.

SW has a strong fanbase, but I don't think little kids care that much about it and even though it will make a lot of money domestically, it's the foreign box office I'm not too sure about, especially when you look at the numbers of the previous films or similar space films like GOTG. I still think that between Antman and AOU, Marvel will bring the mouse more money this year. But like I said, even those two together won't even get near Avatar, which made over 700 million domestically and over 2 billion at the foreign boxoffice :lol That's just untouchable.

I don't know...people are giving this small little franchise that has seemed to fallen out of the favor of kids (don't tell the aisles and aisles of Toys R Us or the popular Disney cartoon though) a chance:

Chewie, we're rich! Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens is predicted to make $500m on its opening weekend (and $2 BILLION total)

Read more: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens is predicted to make $500m on its opening weekend during Christmas release | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I don't know...people are giving this small little franchise that has seemed to fallen out of the favor of kids (don't tell the aisles and aisles of Toys R Us or the popular Disney cartoon though) a chance:

Chewie, we're rich! Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens is predicted to make $500m on its opening weekend (and $2 BILLION total)

Read more: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens is predicted to make $500m on its opening weekend during Christmas release | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

There's really no analysis there :lol They are basing those numbers on the views that the trailers received. The problem is, a lot of those views are by the same people watching the trailers multiple times :lol The first Fifty Shades of Grey trailer beat SW in views and was the most viewed trailer of 2014, but that doesn't mean it was the biggest film of the year. I'm sure hardcore SW will watch the film multiple times in theaters...if the film is really good, or if it doesn't leak online. We'll see. I have no doubts that it will have the biggest opening of the year though.

Yeah, but I meant the Marvel division will win the boxoffice. SW won't make more money than Marvel, but yeah, they are both own by the mouse.
The only possible way I can imagine that is if the Star Wars film is terrible and gets horrible word of mouth. Otherwise, like Mike, I think it leaves both Marvel movies combined in the dust. Star Wars is a freakin' beast. I also think hype alone will make it one of the top 2 or 3 films of the year, no matter what.

Thing is all the SW fans are going nuts over the new trailer, not a murmur from the general public tho.

TPM was the most anticipated SW movie, even more so than ESB and ROTJ.

I don't know if TFA has that level of anticipation yet.

Thing is all the SW fans are going nuts over the new trailer, not a murmur from the general public tho.

:exactly:

I love Star Wars, but I will tell you that I have shown both Marvel films and Star Wars films to my nephews and nieces, ranging from 1-15 years old. Their general opinion is that they are most stoked for Avengers 2 and don't care for Star Wars. I recently shown my parents Star Wars, and they absolutely are stoked for that over Marvel. Star War's story telling is more for the older audience in comparison to youth.

I admit that I use to skip anything in star wars until battles. Now I love to sit down and see the films in their entirety.

I don't think it has anything to do with storytelling, Star Wars isn't any less for kids than Marvel is, instead has more to do with trends imo.

I don't think it has anything to do with storytelling, Star Wars isn't any less for kids than Marvel is, instead has more to do with trends imo.

That is debatable.

Look at AoU, you have a powerful robotic being trying to wipe the world, for the ironic better good. So you have a group of superhero fending against that thread.

Let's look at ANH. You have a youth who comes to learn he has powers and will eventually need to master it, an ongoing rebellion group fighting against the Galactic Empire, a set of droids setting off to find an associate to the rebel group, an empirical leader hunting down those droids whiled being task to fend off against the rebels, a smuggler trying to avoid the empire, gangsters, and bounty hunters. While it all melds together in the end, a lot is going on throughout the film. Now granted it is the FIRST film in a SERIES, however, it could be analyzed to the point of any of the films.

I won't deny it's trend, but literally for kids its about what looks cool. Ask any person about naming a character for Star Wars and the go-to is Darth Vader (you may get a Spock here and there :slap :lol). You don't see little girls asking for Mera or Stargirl items, because Supergirl and Wonder Woman are the female badasses.

Apart from the fact that you oversimplified AoU in favor of ANH, still don't see what's supposed to not be for kids in Star Wars.

Back