Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, your not the only one. So disappointed they changed the sculpt. I liked the original version much better. It was a much leaner and more handsome Superman, IMO.

I totally agree. The more confident stance on the original looks better too. The new pics, he looks kind of tired.

6476102C-C360-40BF-A8B8-E573FC9B6AFB-859-000000F69AFEDCB0_zpsc6ba4ed0.jpg

This comparison pic taken from the other forum!

I totally agree. The more confident stance on the original looks better too. The new pics, he looks kind of tired.

6476102C-C360-40BF-A8B8-E573FC9B6AFB-859-000000F69AFEDCB0_zpsc6ba4ed0.jpg

This comparison pic taken from the other forum!

Pretty sure that's just the angle.

Btw to me the old one looks more cartoony, the new one looks more realistic.

null_zps13846300.jpg

I personally fine with either one, but I like the new head a little bit better.

The new head appears more "boxy" than the original. But I don't think that's a bad thing. Superman should look chiselled. Stare at a Ross print for a while then look back at these. I think the new head is more the Superman I know.

"What, you don't have a red sun around here? California beaches, here I come!"

Normally we have plentiful amounts but this year has started with months of gloomy weather. It has been weird :dunno Must be all the delays or something. It's bringing down the mood of the world.

So are we all unanimous in getting rid of the twirly worms?

I'd be happy with either sculpt. The ex isn't a must with those weird worm things. Might wait for the aftermarket with this since they're going to make 9500 of him. Joker PF can't even sell for over $300 on ebay these days 'cause they made so many of him. Sellers are a$king for more but no one's buying. If they make a ton of these I'll be able to get one for like $250 on ebay soon enough. Works for me :) aside from that, awesome sculpt on the Reg.

I'd be happy with either sculpt. The ex isn't a must with those weird worm things. Might wait for the aftermarket with this since they're going to make 9500 of him. Joker PF can't even sell for over $300 on ebay these days 'cause they made so many of him. Sellers are a$king for more but no one's buying. If they make a ton of these I'll be able to get one for like $250 on ebay soon enough. Works for me :) aside from that, awesome sculpt on the Reg.

Who cares......

I WILL be ordering the Ex when it goes up next Thursday. Hey will look AMAZING next to my EX Batman. I think we will get MUCH better pics next week. I WILL say that I wish SSC would take straight up shots like the ones we got from SDCC. Honestly, THIS shot is the best lighting and shows the GREATEST detail.

null_zps13846300.jpg

And a fairly clear shot of the EX

null_zps150779c2.jpg

I think these will look awesome in hand, but hey it is up to everyone to do what they want. All I know is if preople PASS on the and then start to complain about it... I am going to have me a laugh...:rotfl

Who cares......

Yep pretty much

I just have a simple request: SS when you put up a sure-to-sell-out piece, don't photoshop the hell out of the Ex picture. Don't be afraid to show us what it's gonna look like without special effects.

Right now I can't say whether or not it looks good because I know the picture is not how it will actually turn out. By photoshopping the piece, you're telling us you're a little bit afraid of how it will be perceived, so you cover it up a little with bright colors and smoke. Knock it off, just show us the real thing!

apparently you do if you took the time to comment on it :cuckoo:

it seems ink always likes to jab at people any time they say something remotely against the SS gods he worships. :rotfl Anyhoo, I think a free market allows people to have an opinion that differs from one another. To each their own. :peace

Re: Ex pics. Yes, I agree SS should be more accurate with what the Ex is going to look like because as it stands I am in no rush to order this. Had it been simple red eyes for the Ex I would have POd day one. Here's hoping things look better next Thurs or it's the aftermarket for me. I still plan on owning him one way or another though. Great sculpt! :)

I really like it, and I prefer the new version.

Reminds me of Superman by Alex Ross in 'Kingdom Come'

I really like it, and I prefer the new version.

Reminds me of Superman by Alex Ross in 'Kingdom Come'

I agree... The only thing I am not liking right now with the pics is the lighting makes him look like OLD Supes from Kingdom Come... This pic shows that his hair has no grey in it though... And that makes him look a little younger

BAD5FB39-19A2-4DD6-AC67-95A44139CF5D-1361-000000E4724F5B62_zpse3f75ea7.jpg

Back