Premium Format DC Comics Superman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get out of here with that Shai!!

When did Superman appear in The Thing?

3002151_press03.jpg
tumblr_mbkzqfcOB71qimek4o1_400.jpg

Joke stolen from another forum.

I'm looking at the close up pic on my iPad because I can enlarge it with my fingers. By the looks of it he has no eyes and the swirls fit into the sockets, and are probably held there by magnets. This makes more sense both sculpturally, and for shipping and handling. Just my opinion. I don't believe it's attached.

Thanks Spidey..did not know that SSC Alex had already answered the question.
Too bad SS didn't make them shooting out straight in line with the angle of his head like Sups was blasting something.Would have looked better than escaping red worms.

We probably have a whole year before he ships,so a change is possible.

marvin21_zps4b9edd83.gif

:lecture :exactly:

oh and for those saying its removable, apparently SSC alex said they arent as of right now. in any case, my money is on them changing it. Too many people hate it. Im gonna PO the EX and if they keep the worms, sell my EX down the line and just pick up the regular.

People are hating first. The last minute they'll order. I guarantee
People will order :lecture
:exactly: And this is what SS is banking on, has been banking on and will keep banking on!

OMG I don't think in this economy anyone "needs" to be fired. A slight adjustment on the Ex design would be sufficient. :slap Lmao.

Well, the guys behind this should atleast be assigned to a different department. Something is definitely wrong with them.

There is no pleasing some of you. I highly doubt they are going to change anything because they have already delayed Superman once. They are not going to do it again.

Best case: Sideshow will throw in the original EX head along with the new EX and original head.
Ain't too hard to please us. Almost everyone unanimously liked the sculpt on the Ex. Why make things complex when a simple application of red paint would've made everyone happy.
Get out of here with that Shai!!

When did Superman appear in The Thing?
Joke stolen from another forum.
That's ok. We need that to make em cave in.

Where is everyone finding these extra pics of the ex?
Got them in the mail yesterday so I posted them here.

I'm looking at the close up pic on my iPad because I can enlarge it with my fingers. By the looks of it he has no eyes and the swirls fit into the sockets, and are probably held there by magnets. This makes more sense both sculpturally, and for shipping and handling. Just my opinion. I don't believe it's attached.
Already been confirmed that they aren't removable. Glued in I think.

I'll sell my worms to the highest bidder.
That sounds worse than what you meant! :rotfl

All said and in addition to what JAWS pointed out, people are buying the Ex even if they aren't happy with cuz they've waited for a Supes PF for a long time and hype of owning an Ex still prevails. They don't wanna regret later if SS decides to change or add in an extra portrait. Also, if someone on the board customizes it, they don't wanna feel left out cuz they didn't order the EX when they could have. It might not be the best or the smartest move but either ways, it's a win for SS.

1. Everyone doesn't dislike the EX eyes. Those who don't, fine, but not everyone agrees with you.
2. Many of you complaining will buy the EX anyway. You just have to have the EX. You'll cry, but you'll buy. And because they have your money anyway, SS doesn't have much reason to make a change because you know what you paid for.
3. If this had lights...at some point your lights will stop. If I want to sell mine with working lights and you want to sell yours with burnt out lights, you're at an automatic disadvantage because of a design set to fail from the start. Yeah they might look cool, but for things that generally appreciate in value, I'd prefer to not have a built in failure. If it isn't Cyclops or lightsabers, NO to lights.
4. Don't be mad, but if you buy it you have no reason to complain.

Lol...people get the last name mixed with Christoper's.
George Reeves the 50s Superman
Christopher Reeve the movie Supes, and future PF.

Haha I know but it still surprises me that after all theses years and ppl being "fans" that they'd get the name wrong :lol

Last edited:
I think the EX looks fine when you look at it in the full body shot.

If I think about how he would be on display it certainly conveys the idea that he has just melted someone which is obviously the idea.

In a display case with other statues I think he will look good. I hope SSC back themselves on this one and I am sure ppl that see it at SDCC this year will be better able to tell then we can with the super close up view ppl are complaining about.

At the end of the day I can display grey ***** supes via the Reg head sculpt if this does turn out to look sub par in hand.

I still feel a light up feature would have been great, I think the light up really adds to the Iron man and War machine Marquette and also my Cyclops.

My 2 cents

Really bothering me. Im worried about not jumping on the EX and then SSC changes it.

I think it would be unfair to people who pass on this to change it down the line. I had considered ordering this direct from SS even though I am in Canada as I have no problem paying the extra cost on an ex I need to have or for a character I love. I hate the ex head and will not be ordering direct but if they change it later when it's already sold out to something better I'll feel cheated and very upset.

Then order the Ex, put down your NRD, and take your chances boys. I am not kidding.... If they don't change them you could probably move your NRD over to a product that you actually want at a later date, BUT I am sorry to say that if they change this down the road and say add a third head it won't be SSC's fault that you missed out.... It will be yours my fellow Canucks.

Day 1 order boys.:lecture

I might be in the minority but I like the EX. :dunno

Actually, barely, right now it is about a 4:5 split

I wonder if the red around the eyes is paint app or reflection of light off the flames.

eyes_zpsb64403d0.jpg

Looks like the light shinning throu them to me.... Just my oppinion

Light up eyes can malfunction. There is a Cyclops PF on BBTS that has been selling for dirt cheap for months because the light up function doesn't work anymore. :thud: When will people learn?! Why do you want toy-like cheesy light up features on a $400 statue?! UGHS lmao I'm going to bed. Night all. I'm betting the Ex ES on this is 750. This Ex was a disaster. Should have been plain red painted eyes with an angry expression. Maybe they'll fix it. G'Night everyone! :wave

BTW, Reeves PF will be here soon enough so that is something to look forward to.

The Ex ES will be at least 1500, probably 2000 or greater. If 80% of us are still going to get the Ex this is going to RUSH out of the door. This WILL sell very WELL. It may not be to everyone's liking, but it can be fairly EASILY modes as opposed to the Vision Ex head or GL's body. I bet this sells at a rate of about 500 a day.

He has eyes this are just GLUED in or something like that.

1. Everyone doesn't dislike the EX eyes. Those who don't, fine, but not everyone agrees with you.
2. Many of you complaining will buy the EX anyway. You just have to have the EX. You'll cry, but you'll buy. And because they have your money anyway, SS doesn't have much reason to make a change because you know what you paid for.
3. If this had lights...at some point your lights will stop. If I want to sell mine with working lights and you want to sell yours with burnt out lights, you're at an automatic disadvantage because of a design set to fail from the start. Yeah they might look cool, but for things that generally appreciate in value, I'd prefer to not have a built in failure. If it isn't Cyclops or lightsabers, NO to lights.
4. Don't be mad, but if you buy it you have no reason to complain.

Lol, I love the fact that I don't hate this. Makes ordering it n Thursday SO easy...lol

I think the EX looks fine when you look at it in the full body shot.

If I think about how he would be on display it certainly conveys the idea that he has just melted someone which is obviously the idea.

In a display case with other statues I think he will look good. I hope SSC back themselves on this one and I am sure ppl that see it at SDCC this year will be better able to tell then we can with the super close up view ppl are complaining about.

At the end of the day I can display grey ***** supes via the Reg head sculpt if this does turn out to look sub par in hand.

I still feel a light up feature would have been great, I think the light up really adds to the Iron man and War machine Marquette and also my Cyclops.

My 2 cents

Light up looks better in mechanical statues ... Just my 2 cents

The Ex ES will be at least 1500, probably 2000 or greater. If 80% of us are still going to get the Ex this is going to RUSH out of the door. This WILL sell very WELL. It may not be to everyone's liking, but it can be fairly EASILY modes as opposed to the Vision Ex head or GL's body. I bet this sells at a rate of about 500 a day.

LOL WUT? So the ex will sell out in 4 days on a 2000 ES? That would be a new SS record. They are too sneaky now anyway, they keep it TBD until they get enough orders in.

Heres a quick photoshop to illustrate how much better the ex head would look without the Red linguine pasta growing out of his eyes.

supermannopasta_zps3e19d25e.jpg

Back