Premium Format Dutch

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compulsory jungle shots plus sculpts.

I think the paint they used on the eye's is a lot to do with how it can be photographed badly with the google eye's, the sheen on the paint reflects the light and it bounces off the eye's if you don't angle him right.

Of course there will probably still be some potential dodgy ones out there but mine are good. Definitely a piece that's more impressive in hand, I also think the camo could be a tinge darker but I'm mighty impressed.

Nice pics there Sailor, especially incorporating the greenery background :hi5: what are your thoughts on the camoflage face paint? Too subtle or just the right amount?

Nice pics there Sailor, especially incorporating the greenery background :hi5: what are your thoughts on the camoflage face paint? Too subtle or just the right amount?

Nah, it needs more for sure. It's there but really really light. Cool the way it's been applied but yeah, just not dark enough.

Nah, it needs more for sure. It's there but really really light. Cool the way it's been applied but yeah, just not dark enough.

Definately what i though mate. You have just made my decision up to customise my exclusive head and make the paint slightly darker. At least that way i can have the regular head with the more subtle face paint - which is how it looked further into the film and then have the cigar exclusive head with the more darker face paint which is how it looked earlier in the movie. Just wondering if anyone can find a good reference picture on the web of Arnold and the darker camoflage face paint for me to work with....

Cigar was broken off, and the end of the gun barrel was bent.

I tried the hairdryer trick on the gun and it worked a treat. Shouldn't have to be doing DIY on these things though for the price they cost us.

Yeah the hairdryer trick really works like a charm. I don't have any flaws anymore.

I also had a sowing wire sticking out of the top of his shirt but i could pull it back to the inside.

Looks absolutly perfect now :hi5:

Just opened my one, the cigar came broken too.
Where the gun attaches to the grenade launcher, are there magnets there or does it just slot in there and the gun rests on the launcher? Also I noticed scratches on the barrel of the launcher, is that normal or just bad paint apps? It looked to neat to be irregular but I'm not sure.
Otherwise its a fantastic piece!!

Just opened my one, the cigar came broken too.
Where the gun attaches to the grenade launcher, are there magnets there or does it just slot in there and the gun rests on the launcher? Also I noticed scratches on the barrel of the launcher, is that normal or just bad paint apps? It looked to neat to be irregular but I'm not sure.
Otherwise its a fantastic piece!!

Hopefully the break on the cigar isnt too bad and can be glued back on easily enough. Yes there is a slot which gun rests on the launcher - you can see there are 2 square holes on the gun where the launcher fits into. Easy job! Yes there are scratch marks painted on the barrel, nothing to worry about although they could have been painted on better IMO! Is a great statue non the less! DUTCH or FAIL! :hi5:

Hopefully the break on the cigar isnt too bad and can be glued back on easily enough. Yes there is a slot which gun rests on the launcher - you can see there are 2 square holes on the gun where the launcher fits into. Easy job! Yes there are scratch marks painted on the barrel, nothing to worry about although they could have been painted on better IMO! Is a great statue non the less! DUTCH or FAIL! :hi5:

Thanks Roberto for the answers. Unfortunately there are also paint chips on the ex head as well as the broken cigar so I will have to ask for a replacement.
Also after closer inspection realised the shirt is glued to the body and one part of the shirt has come unglued, will have to glue that back as well. Small things that I just need to fix up and make it perfect again.
No regrets here.

Nice addition of the grenade there mate. Worked well and fooled a few ppl.

I think the way they packaged the EX head - there are going to be a lot of half smoked stogie's out there. Mine was just sort of squished in with the cigar poking out the paper cover.

It would have been sensible to switch the heads inside the box and have the regular head loose for those with the EX - probably too much common sense involved there though.

Mine's came with an inspected sticker across the styrofoam joint, not sure if everyones was like that or my piece did actually get inspected.

Thanks Roberto for the answers. Unfortunately there are also paint chips on the ex head as well as the broken cigar so I will have to ask for a replacement.
Also after closer inspection realised the shirt is glued to the body and one part of the shirt has come unglued, will have to glue that back as well. Small things that I just need to fix up and make it perfect again.
No regrets here.

Nice addition of the grenade there mate. Worked well and fooled a few ppl.

They are small things you can fix but in all honesty, we as customers shouldnt have to glue back cigars or touch up parts here and there when we are paying good money for quality stuff. I know its a pain in the butt to have to contact Sideshow and then play the waiting game for replacements but thats the only way to go im afraid.

Glad you like the grenade accessory mate, i thought it went really well and its also 1/4 scale too. If you like that then your gonna love what i have in store for the rest of him! Gonna customise the base!! :yess:

Just wondering if anyone can find a good reference picture on the web of Arnold and the darker camoflage face paint for me to work with....

This pic is not bad. The old Hot Toy actually has it pretty close for a reference. The main pattern from most of the pictures seems to be one large strip running down his right hand jaw and 2 head strips running at the opposite angle.

They are small things you can fix but in all honesty, we as customers shouldnt have to glue back cigars or touch up parts here and there when we are paying good money for quality stuff. I know its a pain in the butt to have to contact Sideshow and then play the waiting game for replacements but thats the only way to go im afraid.

Glad you like the grenade accessory mate, i thought it went really well and its also 1/4 scale too. If you like that then your gonna love what i have in store for the rest of him! Gonna customise the base!! :yess:

I know, I already sent the email in for the replacement ex head. I'm really scared of opening any piece from SS these days in anticipation of a problem free statue.
I think out of the last five that arrived from sideshow only 1 was perfect or I could live with. The rest went the same way as Dutch, back to returns for replacement parts or full refunds.

Makes me wonder why I collect anymore.

Wow-a-Wee-wa! Just got a message from Collectibles Direct and my Joker PF has arrived in stock and will be sent to me tomorrow! TOo much epicness in too short a time! First Dutch now Joker! These will hopefully be my last purchases of 2012 until all the pre orders rise from the grave next year...DUTCH & JOKER OR FAIL! :yess:

Wow-a-Wee-wa! Just got a message from Collectibles Direct and my Joker PF has arrived in stock and will be sent to me tomorrow! TOo much epicness in too short a time! First Dutch now Joker! These will hopefully be my last purchases of 2012 until all the pre orders rise from the grave next year...DUTCH & JOKER OR FAIL! :yess:

Me too should have joker tomoz! :D

This pic is not bad. The old Hot Toy actually has it pretty close for a reference. The main pattern from most of the pictures seems to be one large strip running down his right hand jaw and 2 head strips running at the opposite angle.

Thanks for this pic Sailor, i did see the Hot Toys Dutch when i searched via google images and i have to say that the face paint on the hot toys figure looks much more dominant than what we have with the PF head sculpts...may go with the hot toys version for reference...

Thanks mate. He's a great piece, so much fun to photograph although I was worried my neigbour might look over the fence and see me taking pictures of a statue in the bushes.... :rotfl

the natural lighting in your pics is very flattering. Natural lighting = best lighting. Too many people are bashing this piece's paint job. This statue shines when photographed in proper lighting solid equipment.

Back