Edition size: NRD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Collectors demanding an ES announcement because they're forced to pay a NRD because they're flakes is some damn serious entitlement douchery.

Lastly, no one is demanding anything, this is merely a thread in the ask Sideshow section with suggestions.

You're demanding "full disclosure," your words, so that you can have an aneurysm trying to decide whether to pay the NRD and buy it "now," or wait to get it cheaper down the road (i.e. discounted with a gift card or from someone other than Sideshow). So now, despite selective reading, you have selective memory too? :lol

Nope, once again, it's not a demand.

We've got two threads - one that would like an ES announced if there is an NRD and one that says it doesn't matter. For all of you who don't agree with the former, maybe you should just stick to posting in the latter.

We've got two threads - one that would like an ES announced if there is an NRD and one that says it doesn't matter. For all of you who don't agree with the former, maybe you should just stick to posting in the latter.
Why not merge them since it's all pretty much the same topic? :dunno

Why not merge them since it's all pretty much the same thing? :dunno

This way there may be less arguments back and forth. I doubt anyone is going to change anyone's mind here.

We have two different opinions here and some people have a hard time of just letting that be and moving on.

They aren't the only ones. you post more in this thread than in your own.

I believe a mod came in here an issued an ultimatum, which was summarily ignored by one of the parties in post #243. It had been put to rest.

How about you guys get on the same page?

Herculean capacity for etiquette

hard nipples, cold feet and 'entitlement douchery'

The creativeness of language never ceases to amaze me!

I think collectors will see many other companies move towards NRDs for higher priced items in the near future. Especially as the economy gets tougher. The truth is we were certainly not the first company to require some deposit on items.

After analyzing our cancellations over the past few years, a good portion of the collectors were not serious about all of the pre-orders that they were adding to their accounts. Many of them actually admitted that they just didn't want to miss out on the item 'in case' they wanted it when it shipped. Past ordering history, NRDs and other guages allow us to see who is serious about purchasing specific items which in turn allow us to make smarter choices about what categories of product to develop, which characters to make, and appropriate ranges of edition sizes which cascade to other concerns of basic materials purchases, shipping, staffing, tech upgrades, etc.

While we try to have all the information disclosed at the time of pre-order launch, sometimes that is not possible. If edition size is the main reason that you would make the purchase, then you should wait until it is disclosed. Sometimes the item may switch to wait list status before this happens, however in many cases you will still have the opportunity to purchase if you still retain interest.

Thread delivers.

'if edition size if the main reason you would make a purchase then you should wait until it is announced' - imagine that! Sound advice fuzzy.

Edit: entitlement douchery is a great name for a band.

Last edited:
I believe a mod came in here an issued an ultimatum, which was summarily ignored by one of the parties in post #243. It had been put to rest.

How about you guys get on the same page?

So because one of the parties chose to ignore it, rather than let the mods deal with that, you decide it's okay ignore it too? Now we get to deal with both of you, which is why I asked that you guys stick to your own threads because neither of you is going to change the others' minds.

thenammagazine was dealing with it just fine, actually.

And honestly, it deserved an articulate and sharlply pointed response. It did not deserve to be blandly swept under the rug. At what point is an actual incentive to listen enter the picture? Do we really have to endure the endless drone? Really?

When does stop mean stop? It's not like anything was going to be done about it unless it caused a problem. Not that it really has, but apparently it caught the attention of your disapproving eye, so...

Everyone should listen to the mod, stop the insults and let it drop : )

thenammagazine was dealing with it just fine, actually.

And honestly, it deserved an articulate and sharlply pointed response. It did not deserve to be blandly swept under the rug. At what point is an actual incentive to listen enter the picture? Do we really have to endure the endless drone? Really?

When does stop mean stop? It's not like anything was going to be done about it unless it caused a problem. Not that it really has, but apparently it caught the attention of your disapproving eye, so...

More often than not, people are under the misguided impression that if you ignore it, it'll go away. Unfortunately, all ignoring it does is encourage the continuance of such behaviors because there're no consequences for their actions. :huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back