Edition size: NRD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
only question i have is why does everything like this have to be done only 1 week later and not the week its released... i dont believe that it cant be set before the item goes on sale... and why is the ed size released with the newsletter... i smell a conspiracy:panic:

only question i have is why does everything like this have to be done only 1 week later and not the week its released... i dont believe that it cant be set before the item goes on sale... and why is the ed size released with the newsletter... i smell a conspiracy:panic:

Isn't that two questions? You sure you smell conspiracy?

simpson_out_of_here_gif.gif

:lol:lol:lol

It doesn't sound as customer friendly if they say "we don't have any idea how many we should make but we want to maximize our profits."

You gonna pay for Sideshow to hire a psychic to determine an item's popularity? :dunno

This was Sideshow's first DC piece. They probably weren't sure what the demand was going to be. If they set the ES too low and locked out a crowd of potential new customers as the line was getting kicked off, they would get hate mail. They have the right to gauge response for a few days and then cap it at a reasonable level--I certainly don't blame them for trying not to turn away anybody who wants to give them some money, as long as they don't make it a open edition (which this wasn't). This is far from the largest ES we've seen on an exclusive PF, and they revealed the number a week after it went up for preorder. Future PFs in the DC line are probably more likely to be given a set ES from day one, as they continue to release them and get a fairly accurate idea of what the demand is going to look like. But I am willing to cut them some slack with their first release in a new line.

Last week, they saw that well over a thousand customers are interested enough in a DC PF that they are willing to pay the NRD and lock in their order. I would expect similarly large edition sizes on the next few releases.

That would be nice if future DC pieces have an ES on PO date. Hopefully, Joker PF was a one off thing. A large ES to meet demand is fine, but hopefully they add an edition size so customers that care can make an informed decision as well. I'm glad that they added scale to their product description, another indication that Sideshow does care about giving the customers all the right info in the NRD era.

They can do what they want, and as it suits them. This entire episode proves that their judgment is above suspicion. There are still people who will grouse about 1250, but what else is new.

Isn't that two questions? You sure you smell conspiracy?

If conspiracies smelled, they would be much harder to keep a secret. :lecture

I hope every single future preorder's ES is TBD. It'll help those who actually want exclusive products from betting buttloved by flippers should they miss the preorder window and it'll give the entitlement doucheboys, who're secretly closet flippers, something to give themselves weggies over too. In the long run, it'll better help SSC gauge interest in particular releases and keep the lines consistent with demand which means we as collectors win because they'll have longer lifespans.

Yeah, not really convinced of the shortcomings of a TBD edition size. Beyond the vindictiveness that followed its announcement, I see little negative about it. There's still the potential for abuse of the 'one time' NRD refund (those who intend to have made it clear), but that's Sideshow's lesson to learn. Waiting until they've gauged demand to choose an ES isn't the problem here.

Thank you for your input. We appreciate the feedback. As always, I encourage collectors to contact our customer service directly if they have concerns and give us an opportunity to assist in whatever way we can.

Hi Chicky: Reply to your questions (sorry, I could not get it to quote your well formatted responses).

Chicky Question: This is what has me confused. We do not wait until the item ships to announce the edition size. In many cases editions sizes are announced within a week of preorder launch. As an avid collector, I do not understand why you waited so long to cancel if the edition size was truly an issue. You should have contacted our Customer Service department directly, immediately after the edition size announcement to make your concerns known and we could have reviewed the matter. Instead you canceled just prior to the item being charged, which weakens your edition size arguement and presents it to be more of a monetary concern at the time of shipping. Perhaps I am missing something?

Batman29 Reply: Yes, SS does a great job making the edition sizes known once they publicize it, there is definitely no small print, :lol ... I have been "absent" from the board and forums for a while because of a tight and busy schedule. It is a decision I made at the time the notice came up, fully aware of the policies SS set forth and fully aware to loose the deposit.

Chicky Statement: With past edition sizes of this popular character being close to 1K editions at approximately $900, I am not sure why this nearly 1/2 scale bust for $350, at edition of 2,500 worldwide would seem so unreasonable.

Batman29 Reply: I agree the price for this great looking and well designed piece is excellent ... I would not dispute this. The 2500 worldwide edition size is unreasonable because it is not the only Predator stuff one will collect ... there are many other high end collectable Pred stuff, add another 2500 of this piece, plus another large ES of future pieces, plus pieces from other companies ... the market soon gets saturated in the long run.

99% of the time SS makes excellent judgements on ES ... This is one that I think they may have made an error in for the Reg edition ... time will tell.

Chicky, thanks again for taking the time for your well thought out responses to my statements and questions.

... I think collectors will see many other companies move towards NRDs for higher priced items in the near future. Especially as the economy gets tougher. The truth is we were certainly not the first company to require some deposit on items.

:exactly: I am a believer in the NRD Sideshow and other companies put out. It is smart business for both the company and consumer. My only issue is that SS should consider announcing the ES with a NRD, OR make them appropriate ES for the piece being produced.

This was Sideshow's first DC piece. They probably weren't sure what the demand was going to be. If they set the ES too low and locked out a crowd of potential new customers as the line was getting kicked off, they would get hate mail. They have the right to gauge response for a few days and then cap it at a reasonable level--I certainly don't blame them for trying not to turn away anybody who wants to give them some money, as long as they don't make it a open edition (which this wasn't). This is far from the largest ES we've seen on an exclusive PF, and they revealed the number a week after it went up for preorder. Future PFs in the DC line are probably more likely to be given a set ES from day one, as they continue to release them and get a fairly accurate idea of what the demand is going to look like. But I am willing to cut them some slack with their first release in a new line.

Last week, they saw that well over a thousand customers are interested enough in a DC PF that they are willing to pay the NRD and lock in their order. I would expect similarly large edition sizes on the next few releases.

Tomandshell, the DC Joker is a case of SS nailing ES bang on again, IMO. The Exc in this case is not just a nameplate, or an artprint that is not monetarily worth much ... it is something much more, an alternate switch out head. Very significant. The Reg ES will be large, but it will most likely be appropriate. Why? Because there is enough demand to support the ES. 1250 people locking in there order in short time span warrants it.

merge it merge it merge it merge it

We may as well just shut down the other thread and continue here. Not much activity in the opposing thread. The handful of people so opposed to the topic of this thread seem far more comfortable here than there. I find it odd that the opposing members here wish to drown out anyone who doesn't share their point of view under the guise of protecting SSC's integrity and business practices. This is not a thread on that topic. Instead the opposing camp chases around members who support this thread like little bullies on a playground. I guess there is not enough kiddies playing in their sandbox/thread.:lol

I guess I'll say it again. This thread was not created to attack SSC. It was created to ask a question. People that are running around here trying to uphold SSC's business strategy and integrity are wasting their time. No one here is saying SSC is playing dirty pool. We all enjoy collecting from SSC. It is why we joined this forum and buy their merchandise. SS is a company that can speak for itself. Chicky was kind enough to come here and answer complaints about SS and address questions about their business practices. Chicky is uniquely qualified to do so. SSC doesn't need guardian devils in this thread. SSC has a presence here and can speak for themselves.

I want to take a moment to thank the Mods here at SSF. This thread has given you guys and gals a serious workout.:rotfl I'm thankful to you for letting this thread roll on. I know it may seem like a chore addressing all of the problems that pop up in this thread. I'd like to point out that many questions were answered directly by SSC because of it. I do believe that the thread has relevance and merit. Keeping it focused seems to be the biggest problem. As frustrating as it may be to deal with the negative issues in this thread, I hope that it stays open and dies a natural death. It will run its course sooner or later. I would just hate to see it shut down by the people who oppose the topic of this thread. They have a thread to voice their concerns. Forum rules are in place that can force us to be civil. Penalties are in place for those of us that can not follow the rules. It is my sincere hope that all of the Mods here choose to enforce the rules rather than close the thread.

There is no right or wrong stance in this thread, regardless of how much anyone disagrees with this threads topic or the views of any members. The bickering between members here will not change anyone's stance. Live and let live. This is the only way all members will be able to enjoy participating in this thread.

Last edited:
So now that we have the announcement of ES for the EX are people cancelling at all?

Doesn't seem like anyone has a negative view of the ES so far which is good, makes me feel that Sideshow will do the right thing ES wise in the future.

Instead the opposing camp chases around members who support this thread like little bullies on a playground. I guess there is not enough kiddies playing in their sandbox/thread.:lol

You want to start the namecalling again? Why must you insist on constantly digging it up?

You're way off with this constant crying of victim. How about you take your own advice for a change?

We may as well just shut down the other thread and continue here. Not much activity in the opposing thread. The handful of people so opposed to the topic of this thread seem far more comfortable here than there. I find it odd that the opposing members here wish to drown out anyone who doesn't share their point of view under the guise of protecting SSC's integrity and business practices. This is not a thread on that topic. Instead the opposing camp chases around members who support this thread like little bullies on a playground. I guess there is not enough kiddies playing in their sandbox/thread.:lol

I guess I'll say it again. This thread was not created to attack SSC. It was created to ask a question. People that are running around here trying to uphold SSC's business strategy and integrity are wasting their time. No one here is saying SSC is playing dirty pool. We all enjoy collecting from SSC. It is why we joined this forum and buy their merchandise. SS is a company that can speak for itself. Chiky was kind enough to come here and answer complaints about SS and address questions about their business practices. Chiky is uniquely qualified to do so. SSC doesn't need guardian devils in this thread. SSC has a presence here and can speak for themselves.

I want to take a moment to thank the Mods here at SSF. This thread has given you guys and gals a serious workout.:rotfl I'm thankful to you for letting this thread roll on. I know it may seem like a chore addressing all of the problems that pop up in this thread. I'd like to point out that many questions were answered directly by SSC because of it. I do believe that the thread has relevance and merit. Keeping it focused seems to be the biggest problem. As frustrating as it may be to deal with the negative issues in this thread, I hope that it stays open and dies a natural death. It will run its course sooner or later. I would just hate to see it shut down by the people who oppose the topic of this thread. They have a thread to voice their concerns. Forum rules are in place that can force us to be civil. Penalties are in place for those of us that can not follow the rules. It is my sincere hope that all of the Mods here choose to enforce the rules rather than close the thread.

There is no right or wrong stance in this thread, regardless of how much anyone disagrees with this threads topic or the views of any members. The bickering between members here will not change anyone's stance. Live and let live. This is the only way all members will be able to enjoy participating in this thread.

:exactly::goodpost: Pretty much sums up the stuff going on in here, which is pretty transparent. Kudos to Chicky and the mods and the ones trying to be civil, versus the ones who keep trying so very hard to derail it. Now let's keep this on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back