English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are reports circulating that suggest Spain's financial crisis may be having an effect on Real's spending power as there's suggestions that the stalling on the Bale deal is because they're struggling to get a handout from their usual sources.

If true, that could put Spurs off doing any business with them as they're still owed cash for Modric and would possibly question whether they'd want to be paid in installments for Bale in case they never got all the money on time.

It'd also open up the possibility of Ronaldo being sold to fund the Bale deal, in which case United should get in first....send Fergie to talk to him instead of that idiot chief executive.

United may not have a high profile manager any more, but they do have the ability to offer large amounts of cash up front especially if they get Nike and GM to chip in.

The problem is that the Glazers won't sanction that kind of spending and that Dithering Davy ( A nickname he got at Everton ) isn't exactly a whizzkid in the transfer market.

There is some truth in this. Levy was meant to meet Perez twice last week but snubbed him as Real are struggling to find the money.
There is every chance he may stay now.
I just hope its not taken to the wire and we should really set a deadline.

No Rooney in the team today for the Charity Shield

At this point he's essentially an outcast.

His sulking has pissed off several senior players who've made it clear to the manager that they don't want him round the first team squad because his behavior is disrupting morale.

I expect his "shoulder injury" will magically clear in time to play for England in the week.

EDIT
United 2-0 Wigan

A comfortable win in the end and Moyes to get his first trophy....any others will be a LOT harder.

Most of United's players performed as expected, the good ones did their usual thing and there's no sign of improvement from the usual suspects although Welbeck did get a single shot on target :lol

Zaha looks like he might be OK if his tendency to overdo all that stepover BS gets coached out of him....he's still young so there's time.

One thing that I found intresting was that Valencia is no longer the number 7.

The number hasn't been allocated to anyone else which is odd as it's quite a famous number in United's history, one that's been worn by some of United's greatest players.

Has it been promised to a new arrival?

Last edited:
I think Valencia should personally wash the number 7 shirt and write an apology letter to Ronaldo with a word limit of 10 000 characters. He's back to 25, that means Powell will probably get 9 or something. I think it's being reserved to a special player, or to another flop.

Man U and Liverpool have to move on their disgruntled players. Not because that's what the players want but purely to get rid of the stink associated with them. It surely can't help their squads.

It's the only postive I've noticed with Arsenal is that the team seem settled, relaxed and ready for a new season (which is a first for quite some time). Now our problem is depth :slap. Once someone gets injured or suspended we're stuffed.

Here' hoping to a big few transfer weeks ahead :pray:

I think Valencia should personally wash the number 7 shirt and write an apology letter to Ronaldo with a word limit of 10 000 characters. He's back to 25, that means Powell will probably get 9 or something. I think it's being reserved to a special player, or to another flop.

Remember he's a footballer.

Most of them don't know that many words beyond the cliches they're taught to use in interviews :lol

Last edited:
Man U and Liverpool have to move on their disgruntled players. Not because that's what the players want but purely to get rid of the stink associated with them. It surely can't help their squads.

It's the only postive I've noticed with Arsenal is that the team seem settled, relaxed and ready for a new season (which is a first for quite some time). Now our problem is depth :slap. Once someone gets injured or suspended we're stuffed.

Here' hoping to a big few transfer weeks ahead :pray:

Yeah Arseanl are looking ok but a striker is essential IMO. Gustavo is exactly what we need in midfield though but I'll only believe we're got him when I see him signing on that dotted line. I have no idea how the Suarez saga is going to end, I have mixed feeling about Arsenal getting him. It's a long shot if we do but you mentioned how the squad seems relaxed & ready, he could ruin that quite quickly. He's a time bomb.

I still don't like our goalie either but he is young I guess but I don't like how he can mouth off to the papers, it's embarrassing & puts unnecessary pressure on the team.

10 years ago today United signed Ronaldo,
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...d-signed-Cristiano-Ronaldo-years-ago-day.html

Those were the days, Fergie found a target, ordered the board to hand over the cash and he bought the player, no messing.

Nowadays they're reduced to bidding for players who have no intention of leaving their present club and constantly lying whenever asked about new signings in interviews.

Even Giggs is doing it now,
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-giggs-unfazed-lack-signings-085153538.html

Cornwall = Man Utd fan, figures. :lol

I don't support Man Utd, I support Arsenal :thwak

I'm from Essex & I only just moved to Cormwall. I've got a big sister who had a few friends who were season ticket holders at Arsenal & they would bring me back match day programmes & the odd bit of memorabilia when I was young & that's how I become an Arsenal supporter. I hope you all enjoyed that little story :lol

I don't support Man Utd, I support Arsenal :thwak

I'm from Essex & I only just moved to Cormwall. I've got a big sister who had a few friends who were season ticket holders at Arsenal & they would bring me back match day programmes & the odd bit of memorabilia when I was young & that's how I become an Arsenal supporter. I hope you all enjoyed that little story :lol

Sorry, I thought you were a Man U fan. :slap I support Arsenal too, :hi5: I went on a stadium tour with my sister a couple of months back, and we were shown round by ex player Charlie George, he came across as a really nice bloke.

Sorry, I thought you were a Man U fan. :slap I support Arsenal too, :hi5: I went on a stadium tour with my sister a couple of months back, and we were shown round by ex player Charlie George, he came across as a really nice bloke.

Ha no worries mate :duff

I remember going to the Highbury Stadium tour. We never got anyone like Charlie George showing us around though that must of been awesome because Charlie is quite an Arsenal legend.

Just a question to England fans. Is it just me or is there very little interest in England at the moment. None of my friends are talking about the Scotland game, no one seems to want to watch them play anymore. Were before they'd watch them play anyone. We're never been a particularly good team but it just feels like everyone has completely given up on them now. May be it's just me though

I will say watching us at the Euros last year was nothing but embarrassing.

Just a question to England fans. Is it just me or is there very little interest in England at the moment. None of my friends are talking about the Scotland game, no one seems to want to watch them play anymore. Were before they'd watch them play anyone. We're never been a particularly good team but it just feels like everyone has completely given up on them now. May be it's just me though

I will say watching us at the Euros last year was nothing but embarrassing.

Here in Australia, anything relating to the World Cup is that we are all gutted. To lose out of FIFA corruption to Qatar is diabolical let alone just plain annoying.

:mad:

Last edited:
Here in Australia, anything relating to the World Cup is that we are all gutted. To lose out of FIFA corruption to Qatar is diabolical let alone just plain annoying.

:mad:

Yeah it was the same over here when England missed out in hosting to Russia. I think what made it a bit bitter here was the flirting & saying your as good as got it but when Panorama showed off FIFA's corruption then they were never going to get it. So the BBC shot ourselves in the foot to be honest doing that while the elections were going on.

I must admit Australia missing out to Qatar was far far worse than England missing out to Russia but $$$$$$$$$ always wins unfortunately

Sounds like he's been told he's going nowhere and is trying to save face.

There's been suggestions in the media that the owners of Liverpool and United have formed some kind of alliance in a bid to put an end to players being manipulated by greedy agents into breaking contracts.

Which sounds a bit mad, but they're both standing firm on their wantaway players so there may be something to it.

I think they'd be better off getting rid as neither are particularly stable personalities so the risk of them doing something stupid in order to get out is high.

But I can see the club's point of view and it's certainly time they took a stand and made players see that they can't do what they like just because their agent fancies another big pay day.

Last edited:
My God England are playing **** but it's what I expected to be honest :lol

1-1 at half time but it's an interesting game.

Last edited:
Back