English Premier League EPL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry this doesn't relate to the topic but aha (Not my words, just found it hilarious)

Antonio Valencia
- Has developed an unhealthy hatred for opponents' legs.
- Has vowed to never again use his left leg out of pure spite. Most of the time when he breaks said vow, the result isn't actually that bad.
- Despite having thousands of practice hours kicking a ball with his right, he's still terrible at it. May secretly be the most left-footed man on the planet, who has simply decided to treat every second of every day as a weak foot training exercise.
- Is so annoyed with himself over breaking his "no left foot" vow that he has taken the ability to make facial expressions away from himself.
- Mercilessly beat David Moyes, the previously undefeated "World Champion of Steely-Eyed One-Expressionness" and won free access to every team sheet from then until the end of time.
- Seems to have devoted his life to stretching his jersey as far as physically possible using only his own muscle mass, to the point where it's cut off the blood supply to all parts of his brain apart from the one that tells him to stand still and kick the ball really hard at people wearing other colours than he is.
- Promotes pass-and-move football down the left by going missing down the right.

and Chelsea do? :lol

No, but Pellegrini could have a few bad games, get the sack and go to a club in another country.

heon123,
Very funny! :lol

EDIT,
9 days left in the transfer window and the tabloids are getting desperate for a big story,
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-deny-mata-transfer-3042650

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...nchester-united-transfer-news-rumours-3042899

When will it dawn on the media that United don't have a pot to piss in. The Glazers sold the pot and used the proceeds on one of their other businesses.

@axe
I'm pretty certain GG is joking :lol

Did you watch the Barca, Levante game? Bit disappointed to hear they draw that. I really don't want Real to win the league. It's good to hear Messi is back though, hopefully it won't take him long to get his form back.
Yes I saw the game. It was disappointing as again profilgacy in front of goal and an inspired goalkeeper thwarted them. Besides their vulnerabilities from setpieces exposes them all the time. This is not a very strong Barca like it was in 2009, 10 and 11. The players are still trying to figure out the new coach's tactics while pretty much going on autopilot with the way they have been taught to play from the youth teams.
Good thing is Atletico drew too which keeps Barca and Atletico tied on top spot. The ones who benefitted though are Real who are now within 1 point of both the leaders.

Messi still doesnt look match fit and sharp. He better be because against City Barca will have really work hard to win. City is a much more balanced team and are very strong on the break and setpieces. Something Barca have been traditionally vulnerable too. Plus their overdependence on Messi to score too means if Messi is kept quiet there is few chances of City conceding.

I don't even think Messi can stop City nowadays. People would call me mad if I said that 1-3 years ago

This will be a huge test for City against Barca. There still yet to impress me in Europe for how impressive there team is. If I was a betting man I would put my money on Barca going through.

This should make TheCorsair a little happy. According to Sky Sports the talks between Chelsea & Man Utd about Mata are going very well.

I'm quite surprised Chelsea would sell Mata to Utd. According to Sky it's a ploy in hope Utd will take points of there rivals for the title race but what about next season & the season after etc :dunno

Be good to see Mata stay in the Prem though. Surprised PSG haven't shown any interest being that there after a midfielder

If Utd do get Mata this could be the player to spark Utd's season. Bit like what Ozil did for Arsenal. I must admit Mata playing behind Rooney & RVP would be quiet an impressive strike force. I don't understand why Gary Neville doesn't think he's a player Utd need?

https://www1.skysports.com/football...-united-and-chelsea-over-juan-mata-going-well

I thought Gypsycatcha or Flosi might want this as there new Avatar

ga5aqa4u.jpg

This should make TheCorsair a little happy. According to Sky Sports the talks between Chelsea & Man Utd about Mata are going very well.

I'm quite surprised Chelsea would sell Mata to Utd. According to Sky it's a ploy in hope Utd will take points of there rivals for the title race but what about next season & the season after etc :dunno

Be good to see Mata stay in the Prem though. Surprised PSG haven't shown any interest being that there after a midfielder

If Utd do get Mata this could be the player to spark Utd's season. Bit like what Ozil did for Arsenal. I must admit Mata playing behind Rooney & RVP would be quiet an impressive strike force. I don't understand why Gary Neville doesn't think he's a player Utd need?

https://www1.skysports.com/football...-united-and-chelsea-over-juan-mata-going-well

IF this does happen it would unquestionably be a morale booster.

But after the bungling done in the last transfer window I think it's safer to remain sceptical as Edward Woodward will probably make a derisory offer of £1.50 and a half eaten Mars bar, Chelsea will laugh in his face and then he'll tell Moyes to make the all too familiar "no value in the market" excuse.

Even if it actually happens the problem is that the prehistoric footballing philosophy that Moyes has isn't conducive to allowing players like Mata to thrive.

Shinji Kagawa is a similar type of player yet looks a shadow of what he was at Dortmund, because he rarely gets any time in his natural position so questions would have to be raised over whether Mata would suffer the same fate.

Mata is no Ozil. And Gary is right to say Mata isnt what United need. United need a player in the mould of Roy Keane - a leader. Shinji kagawa can play the same role as Mata - but hasnt been given the chance.

Mata is no Ozil. And Gary is right to say Mata isnt what United need. United need a player in the mould of Roy Keane - a leader. Shinji kagawa can play the same role as Mata - but hasnt been given the chance.

Mata offers a lot more than Ozil and Kagawal. I would be happy with any signing than another dismal window.

Mata offers a lot more than Ozil and Kagawal. I would be happy with any signing than another dismal window.

Mata will score more than Ozil but Ozil is the all round better player IMO but if Utd can get him then it can only be good. Definitely agree with Axe that there missing a leader in the Roy Keane mould.

Strong reports that Rooney could be heading to Madrid this summer. Ancelotti has been a known admire of WR from his time in the Prem & everyone knows that he wants out. He'll probably just get offered another big fat contract from Utd & stay though. Like what always happens

I'd be absolutely gutted if he leaves, sure his loyalty is questionable but we can't deny the memories he given United fans. You can't imagine a United side without Rooney.

You're wrong about Kagawa if you're only basing your opinion of him based on his United performances.

Check out some footage of him at Dortmund on Youtube, he was a totally different player then. He's only been poor at United because he's never been allowed a proper run in his preferred role and that's down to the manager's incompetence.

axecutioner18 is right, United need another Roy Keane and have done for far too long now.

Selling Shrek will achieve several positive things,

1.Increase morale as he's a known troublemaker.

2.It will free up the number 10 position for Kagawa or ( if he signs ) Mata.

3.Increase the chance that Chicharito will stay and get more starts.

4.Raise some cash from a fading player who's body is already starting to break down.

He's roughly the same age as Ronaldo but which one looks like the chiseled athlete and which looks like a sack of crap?

Shrek has been photographed many times in the UK papers drinking and smoking which isn't going to do his fitness levels any good and combined with the physical injuries he keeps getting it's reasonable to predict that he'll continue to decline and probably won't play much into his 30's.

If United truly want to move forward they should cash in whilst they still can.

The Mata transfer will provide a much needed spark in this extremely dull and uninspiring transfer window.

I was expecting Wenger to have brought in a striker to Arsenal by now, even it is just on loan.

The Mata transfer will provide a much needed spark in this extremely dull and uninspiring transfer window.

I was expecting Wenger to have brought in a striker to Arsenal by now, even it is just on loan.

Yeah I'm gutted AW hasn't signed anyone & I have a bad feeling he won't. If he doesn't we'll finish 3rd this season at best

Back