Enterbay 24 Jack Bauer 1/6th Scale Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Enterbay to release Jack Bauer 24 figure

So being bored, I went over to Wikipedia, and found out the time line between Seasons 1 to Redemption:

136 months, 3 days, 21 hours. So, roughly 11 years have passed since the events of Season 1. Wow... :horror

Really? Never took the time to check that, I knew there was some time in between 'days' but I wouldn't of thought it was 11 yrs! Thanks Sol! I guess it makes some sense though, having all those major incidents so close together would suck! Not that they don't anyway!

I saw a website open pre-order for Jack day7 outfit. Does anyone know about this outfit?

Season 3 is definitely my favorite...all the best players were in that season,with a great villain in Saunders too.

Did you know thats Sean Connery's son Jason?
Who actually would make a good Bond himself.

WRONG !!, he's played by a guy called Paul Blackthorne - the same guy who played the lead in the Dreden Files a while back. ( Source: IMDB )

I claim April 1st shenanigan rights as given me by the Bill of Rights and therefore am exempt from being "wrong" per se:D

I dont know why but watching Paul always reminds me of seeing a young Connery. Still think he'd make a good Bond.

:mad:
I claim April 1st shenanigan rights as given me by the Bill of Rights and therefore am exempt from being "wrong" per se:D

I dont know why but watching Paul always reminds me of seeing a young Connery. Still think he'd make a good Bond.
Damn, I forgot about that bill :mad:

Really? Never took the time to check that, I knew there was some time in between 'days' but I wouldn't of thought it was 11 yrs! Thanks Sol! I guess it makes some sense though, having all those major incidents so close together would suck! Not that they don't anyway!

No problem. I also read that there are 4 years between Days 6 and 7. Aaron Pierce mentioned that he and Martha Logan ended their relationship "four years ago", and their relationship started around Day 6.

There can be another solution! Maybe Jack will die over a certain amount of time! Exposure was minimal and don't forget that for the first time, season 8 will start only a few weeks after season 7!

What do you mean by 'season 8 will start only a few weeks after season 7'? That season 8 will air shortly after season 7 or that season 8 will be set a few weeks after season 7 in the Bauerverse itself?

I doubt they're going to kill Jack - if they do it'll be very season 2 George Mason-esque. Speaking of Mason - we also have Chappelle, michelle Dessler and Bill Buchanon - become head of CTU for any amount of time it seems you're destined to get killed. On second thoughts Jack is definitely going to die! And so will Tony..again.

it has been confirmed since season 5 that jack will die and will be the end of 24, but apart from that nothing else has been said

it has been confirmed since season 5 that jack will die and will be the end of 24, but apart from that nothing else has been said

No. Nothing was confirmed as to Jack's supposed death - it was just a rumor.

I think if they want to end the show, killing him off is the WORST way to have it end.

I think killing him would be the best way to end it. Jack is great, but, just like the very nature of the show, the clock keeps ticking. It doesn't stop for anyone--even Jack Bauer.

I think it would also add some genuine integrity to the show. Look, the guy has survived a plane crash, a nuclear explosion, poisonous gas, torture in China, and he's technically died twice--at what point does his luck run out? I love the character, but he was far more grounded in season one. He has become a bit of a super hero these days. Hell, you got fans of the show literally counting how many guys he kills every week, like it's a video game.

Similar to Teri Bauer, and even David Palmer, I think Jack's death would be sad and shocking, but I think it would be a fitting end that would feel honest to the series.

I think killing him would be the best way to end it. Jack is great, but, just like the very nature of the show, the clock keeps ticking. It doesn't stop for anyone--even Jack Bauer.

I think it would also add some genuine integrity to the show. Look, the guy has survived a plane crash, a nuclear explosion, poisonous gas, torture in China, and he's technically died twice--at what point does his luck run out? I love the character, but he was far more grounded in season one. He has become a bit of a super hero these days. Hell, you got fans of the show literally counting how many guys he kills every week, like it's a video game.

Similar to Teri Bauer, and even David Palmer, I think Jack's death would be sad and shocking, but I think it would be a fitting end that would feel honest to the series.

I don't really see how Bauer's death will add "integrity" to the show. You seem to have a problem about all the impossible situations that Bauer has survived - but, can you name one hero, in any TV action drama that has not been faced with constant life/death situations? Should all of the current TV heroes be killed off to make the shows more realistic to your standards?

Bauer is certainly not close to being a superhero, but, isn't 24 a fictional series? James Bond has been around for a much longer time than Bauer, but I don't hear his fans (and I am one of them), complaining about Bond's heroics and clamoring for his death.

" Hell, you got fans of the show literally counting how many guys he kills every week, like it's a video game."

Your point being what, exactly? Aren't both television series, and videogames fictional? And what's the problem if 24 has a lot of passionate fans who care about Bauer's character, let them have some fun!!

I'm not suggesting that the show isn't fictional--I just like fictional shows that are still grounded in reality. A show can be fun, exciting, and action packed without being outlandish. It's not that he survives life and death situations--I'm fine with that as long as the storylines are good--but for me, there comes a point when your hero becomes a caricature of himself. Again, I love Bauer, but surviving planes crashes and viruses and and nuclear bombs and now potentially a seemingly chemical weapon? He's going to be infected with a deadly chemical weapon only for it to mean...nothing? Really?

And James Bond and Jack Bauer are different. Bond is a character that is meant to live on for decades, via different actors, directors, and different approaches to each series. Jack Bauer exists in only this iteration of "24"--when the series ends, so will his character. He is not necessarily meant to be an immortal character.

Again, I think there's a difference between being fictional and being outlandish. Everything we watch on TV--if it's scripted, is fictional. But, take "The Shield" for example. I found that series to be highly gripping and intense, and yet it always felt grounded in a believable reality. I'm not saying I want "24" to emulate "The Shield"--they are two different animals. But I think all the danger your hero consistently puts himself in, season after season, has to count for something in terms of his overall well being. If "24" was a series about a stay at home dad, I wouldn't feel this way. But a series about counter terrorism and a man fighting to save the country? I feel at some point, his luck should logically run out.

I think it brings integrity to the show because, except for a few very minor characters, no one survives on this program. Not Bill Buchanan, not Nina Meyers, not even Presidents. The end comes for everyone, yet the clock keeps ticking and a new day keeps dawning. I think the best way to end the series is for Jack to give the ultimate sacrifice for his country--his life. Again, I liken it to the deaths of Teri Bauer and David Palmer--you didn't really think it would happen, but you genuinely appreciate the fact that the show would have the balls to kill off a vital character for the sake of the story and series.

And, while I have a few issues with the show, one thing I always appreciated was that they were willing to do anything. Attacks on the White House, shooting down Air Force One, Nuclear detonations, a former President Assassinated. I think the next shocking step would be to kill off your star when the show ends. It wouldn't be popular, but if you genuinely examined the series from start to finish, you would conclude that this has been what the show has been about since Day 1.

Last edited:

I'm not suggesting that the show isn't fictional--I just like fictional shows that are still grounded in reality. A show can be fun, exciting, and action packed without being outlandish. It's not that he survives life and death situations--I'm fine with that as long as the storylines are good--but for me, there comes a point when your hero becomes a caricature of himself. Again, I love Bauer, but surviving planes crashes and viruses and and nuclear bombs and now potentially a seemingly deadly chemical weapon? Really?

And James Bond and Jack Bauer are different. Bond is a character that is meant to live on for decades, via different actors and different approaches to each series. Jack Bauer exists in only this iteration of "24"--when the series ends, his character will not continue on. He is not necessarily meant to be an immortal character.

Again, I think there's a difference between being fictional and being outlandish. Everything we watch on TV--if it's scripted, is fictional. But, take "The Shield" for example. I found that series to be highly gripping and intense, and yet it always felt grounded in a believable reality. I'm not saying I want "24" to emulate "The Shield"--they are two different animals. But I think all the danger your hero consistently puts himself in, season after season, has to count for something. If "24" was a series about a stay at home dad, I wouldn't feel this way. A series about a counter terrorism and a man fighting to save the country? I feel at some point, his luck should run out.

I think it brings integrity to the show because, except for a few very minor characters, no one survives on this program. No Bill Buchanan, not Nina Meyers, not Presidents. The end comes for everyone, yet the clock keeps ticking and a new day keeps dawning. I think the best way to end the series is for Jack to give the ultimate sacrifice for his country--his life. Again, I liken it to the deaths of Teri Bauer and David Palmer--you didn't really think it would happen, but you genuinely appreciate the fact that the show would have the balls to kill off a vital character for the sake of the story and series.

You keep mentioning your problem about Bauer being able to survive seemingly impossible odds - which I again point out, is nothing new, and such plot lines (one man surviving the impossible) have already been rampant in action television series for decades.

Anyways, here's the problem I have with killing off Jack Bauer: He has already sacrificed greatly for his country, and got jack squat (no pun intended) in return. Some examples: (1) His wife died and his daughter wants nothing to do with him; (2) he was abandoned by his government, captured by the Chinese, and tortured for over a year; (3) he was tortured in practically every season of 24; (4) framed by his father and brother for murder; (5) became infected by a biological agent; (6) is currently facing life imprisonment, because of a "terrorist ass-kissing" U.S. senator... and the list goes on.

My question is, how much can one man take? I understand what you mean about the significance of the 24 clock, but, when 24 does end, it has to end in a high note, in honor of Bauer's unwavering sense of duty, and his sacrifices for U.S. I'm in favor of Bauer retiring, reconciling his relationship with Kim, and living a long, peaceful life.

Plus, Jack Bauer has already survived countless impossibilities in 6 (nearing 7) seasons of 24, and killing him off, would just seem like a quick and cheap way to end the series. He has survived the impossible for this long, so it really doesn't make sense for him to die.

Last edited:

I would hate to see it but I can see why, for many points Pac has stated.

I don't think it'll happen (Jack's death), even if Pac wants it, or heck... even if Kiefer Sutherland wants it! The fans will be there to make sure that Jack survives another day. Plus, I always have my angry letter in hand :lol.

Back