Enterbay Fist of Fury

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I will be picking that up as soon as I got my FOF.

The nokia GOD sounds perfect, the way you describe it man. I didn't know they took the hair sculpt from ver B.

I saw a displayed one for sale when I was in Singapore last week, but decided not to buy it, until I got the FOF set first. Damn, I shouldve bought it anyways!

Btw, do you have any hi res pics of the head sculpt?

Yes that is Nokia Lee,the first one i got and my favourite Lee figure.ETD A Headsculpt with ETD B Hair and different paintjob,i change it´s poses 2 times a day now,it´s so damn cool,if it wasnt for the value on this one(300$) i would get a second one,definitely one of my favourites in my collection.

I want this set bad. Its the greatest value of these Enterbay Bruce Lee's for sure but damn are they really worth this high price? I mean honestly. This set looks good but I saw the yellow jumpsuit one on display at Forbidden Planet here in NY and I have to say i felt it was really lackluster for the price. The clothing looked a little to doll like when I know the 1/6 world has moved way beyond that. The head likness was great but rather large? And the paint job seemed not as good as Hot Toys, why would I want to pay more for this than Hot Toys product which looks to be better overall.

If this was a 200 dollar figure id jump at it, but that extra 100 bucks makes it really hard to make that jump.

The Diorama aside, which isn't useless I really wish they hadn't put so much money into the box. It makes the item seem a lot more high end and exclusive I'm sure but the figure inside is what fans are wanting, not a nice expensive box. I don't want to pay for the box at all, if i could get a Bruce, sans box or even stand id be a lot happier I feel like they have alienated a lot of potential buyers. I know they have not had trouble selling out many of their 5000 runs which is why if they released simpler versions with less expensive packaging and dioramas on top of the deluxe sets they would turn more profit off of the same toolings for those not hardcore about Bruce Lee enough to drop the big bucks. Anyway, not to beat a dead horse, I know I can't be the only Joe Blow to drop in a thread like this and complain about such things.

The Diorama aside, which isn't useless I really wish they hadn't put so much money into the box. It makes the item seem a lot more high end and exclusive I'm sure but the figure inside is what fans are wanting, not a nice expensive box. I don't want to pay for the box at all, if i could get a Bruce, sans box or even stand id be a lot happier I feel like they have alienated a lot of potential buyers. I know they have not had trouble selling out many of their 5000 runs which is why if they released simpler versions with less expensive packaging and dioramas on top of the deluxe sets they would turn more profit off of the same toolings for those not hardcore about Bruce Lee enough to drop the big bucks. Anyway, not to beat a dead horse, I know I can't be the only Joe Blow to drop in a thread like this and complain about such things.

Totally agree. The packaging for FOF was just waaaaaaaaaaaaay over the top. I preferred the two cardboard boxes inside - and they were much cooler than owning an action figure box the size of a suitcase. The Nokia packaging was about right. If I was Arnie Kim I'd be pissed off that the packaging was overwhelming my work.

As a fan, i myself love the box designs and love that they spend time and money on designing them in different artistic ways.

I think if youre not hardcore about Bruce Lee enough to drop $300 on these figures then you don't deserve to own them anyway.

The packaging overwhelming Kim's work? :lol that's laughable.

Being hardcore enough of a fan shouldn't mean he or she has to pay extra money for it than need be?? That sounds a little like exploitation on Enterbay's part! I'm really not trying to be rude so don't take it as a personal attack, just making a point :)

Being hardcore enough of a fan shouldn't mean he or she has to pay extra money for it than need be?? That sounds a little like exploitation on Enterbay's part! I'm really not trying to be rude so don't take it as a personal attack, just making a point :)

I dont feel like im paying more money than I need to for anything. I feel it is a totally worthy package since you are getting a Dio and TWO portraits as well as two sets of clothing.

95% of the people say that this is the best "deal" for the money.

Don't get me wrong, as I stated in my first post I totally think that this is the best value out of all of Enterbay's offerings by far. But is the "best value" in general? Far from it.

Hot Toys manages to offer their Joker, two heads, two complete outfits tones of added extras and eye rolling system for less than half the Enterbay Bruce Lee SRP, a lot less actually . And from what I hear, Enterbay still is behind Hot Toys in terms of paint and quality in general.

Im not trying to rain on parades just saying if Enterbay was reasonable about prices they'd sell a lot more units I think.

Don't get me wrong, as I stated in my first post I totally think that this is the best value out of all of Enterbay's offerings by far. But is the "best value" in general? Far from it.

Hot Toys manages to offer their Joker, two heads, two complete outfits tones of added extras and eye rolling system for less than half the Enterbay Bruce Lee SRP, a lot less actually . And from what I hear, Enterbay still is behind Hot Toys in terms of paint and quality in general.

Im not trying to rain on parades just saying if Enterbay was reasonable about prices they'd sell a lot more units I think.

5000 units is A LOT.

You're trying to take what Hot Toys does and conform that to Enterbay. Who cares what Hot Toys does? Hot Toys doesnt do BRUCE LEE. end of discussion.

As a fan, i myself love the box designs and love that they spend time and money on designing them in different artistic ways.

I think if youre not hardcore about Bruce Lee enough to drop $300 on these figures then you don't deserve to own them anyway.

The packaging overwhelming Kim's work? :lol that's laughable.

But FOF isn't particularly artistic. It's basically a big suitcase. There is no difference between it and the kind of boxes that electrical equipment comes in. And the actual point of all that cardboard is somewhat lost inside it all.

However, I wouldn't regard your POV as laughable, although I do disagree with it. Some people, perhaps most, will love all the deluxe packaging, some won't. But in the end, it lags far behind efforts like HT's Iron Man Mk III, the best piece of packaging ever in my opinion - it's sharp, it's clever and it works to pump you up for the piece inside instead of just keeping you from it. I prefer their ingenuity to Enterbay's over the top extravagance. A shame Enterbay can't be a bit cleverer with their packaging when most everything else they do (sculpt, clothes) is superb.

I could have designed the FOF packaging; no way could I have designed the brilliant IM Mk III packaging.

But FOF isn't particularly artistic. It's basically a big suitcase. There is no difference between it and the kind of boxes that electrical equipment comes in. And the actual point of all that cardboard is somewhat lost inside it all.

However, I wouldn't regard your POV as laughable, although I do disagree with it. Some people, perhaps most, will love all the deluxe packaging, some won't. But in the end, it lags far behind efforts like HT's Iron Man Mk III, the best piece of packaging ever in my opinion - it's sharp, it's clever and it works to pump you up for the piece inside instead of just keeping you from it. I prefer their ingenuity to Enterbay's over the top extravagance. A shame Enterbay can't be a bit cleverer with their packaging when most everything else they do (sculpt, clothes) is superb.

I could have designed the FOF packaging; no way could I have designed the brilliant IM Mk III packaging.

What's so brilliant about HT Iron Man packaging? Sideshow has done it time and time again with their Star Wars line.

Ingredients:

1 cup fold out box design
1/4 cup magnetic flap
1 tablespoon of various photos of actual product
1/2 oz cool front cover design

Do I think HT's IM box is nice? Hell yes. Do I think it's revolutionary and the box of all boxes? No.

Hmm...anyone forgetting about the awesome wooden diorama & the wooden signboard accessory???
This bruce Lee has 2 heads with rotating eyeballs, 3 hair styles, lots of posing hands, two costumes, his trade mark nunchuck weapon, shoes with real working socks.

Enterbay behind HT in terms of paint & Quality??? have u checked out their 24 figures?

One of the most impt thing about Enterbay is that, they designed a body to match Bruce Lee's physique. Does HT do that? No, they use the same true type body with super unnatural shoulders for all their figures (MJ is an exception)

For all the things they give, I think their price is fair.
Another thing to note is that, their figures have a fixed edition size, all uniquely numbered.

Hmm...anyone forgetting about the awesome wooden diorama & the wooden signboard accessory???
This bruce Lee has 2 heads with rotating eyeballs, 3 hair styles, lots of posing hands, two costumes, his trade mark nunchuck weapon, shoes with real working socks.

Enterbay behind HT in terms of paint & Quality??? have u checked out their 24 figures?

One of the most impt thing about Enterbay is that, they designed a body to match Bruce Lee's physique. Does HT do that? No, they use the same true type body with super unnatural shoulders for all their figures (MJ is an exception)

For all the things they give, I think their price is fair.
Another thing to note is that, their figures have a fixed edition size, all uniquely numbered.

Good point there Jun, forgot about the BL3 body. They essentially make a whole new body sculpt for each figure. that alone drives up the cost. HT uses a single base body.

People trying to find ways to hate on Enterbay just because they cant justify the prices in their own mind. funny ^^^^ :lol

Jeez..... as always u cant please everybody:lol

To say Enterbay can't be a bit cleverer with their packaging???

Have you not seen the Game of Death, Way of the Dragon, Jet Li, Enter the Dragon packaging, they are above the rest in packaging!!

The Fist of Fury packaging is great, I would not of expected anything less.

To add to Jun's and Nash's post, Enterbay will have a new body for Godfather. . . . . . .

AND THEY ARE IN NO RUSH TO RELEASE IT SO ALL YOU HT FREAKS GO AHEAD AND BUY THE HT GODFATHER!!!!

bottom line, IMO, is this

What toy collector would pay an extra 100 dollars for a fancy box? not many, unless youve got loads and loads of cash to throw around

Im really considering the fists of fury pack myself, but the fact is, ive seen it, and quality does not compare to hot toys, which have cheaper figures. you cant justify enterbays lack of quality on these figures by talking about a fancy box. Unless your a collector of fancy boxes, and not the content inside

i think its great enterbay has awesome boxes and accesories, they are probably the number 2 company behind hot toys right now. but the fact is, hot toys figures have better value. having said all that, I love this set, and will probably buy it

bottom line, IMO, is this

What toy collector would pay an extra 100 dollars for a fancy box? not many, unless youve got loads and loads of cash to throw around

Im really considering the fists of fury pack myself, but the fact is, ive seen it, and quality does not compare to hot toys, which have cheaper figures. you cant justify enterbays lack of quality on these figures by talking about a fancy box. Unless your a collector of fancy boxes, and not the content inside

i think its great enterbay has awesome boxes and accesories, they are probably the number 2 company behind hot toys right now. but the fact is, hot toys figures have better value. having said all that, I love this set, and will probably buy it

The only people insinuating that the $100 is going towards a fancy box is the ones that can't or don't want to justify the cost of the 'whole' package.

Quality lacking? Couldn't be further from the truth.

Once again,it´s the Diorama...Enter The Dragon had no diorama and was 200$.

I don´t even bother defending either company because i love both EB and HT,i get Bruce Lee from enterbay and other nice figures from HT,so why should i care who is better?

Back