Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EB's way allows for time to fix things, at least it did with their T-800.

This is what the T-800 probably would have been if we hadn't seen this photo very early on and given EB a lot of negative feedback.
After the T800, it looks like EB's way changed. We only recently got to see the Rambo sculpt, & it's expected to ship soon right? Same thing might happen with Bruce Lee, Batman, Joker ..... etc. It's basically what's already happened with the MiB3 figures.

They seemed to share the MIB figures all along as progress went on and time allowed, we saw both J and K as raw portraits being worked on, giving us time to chime in and affect improvement.

Sadly for me, it seems like Rambo is the only one where EB's hiding the work on him and basically going to just unleash him on us as is.

Maybe they are tweaking it :D

It'd be nice if EB tweaked it for you Rambo fans. Rocky will be the Sly I want :D

I guess we'll see what happens.

It would be nice, they've been very secretive on Rambo, we only saw early sculpt shots of weapons and his body, never saw the head until the "finished" piece, still haven't seen anything of his body. Don't know why they seem to be holding back.

Sadly for me, it seems like Rambo is the only one where EB's hiding the work on him and basically going to just unleash him on us as is.
It kinda seems that way with the 1:4 Bats too. EB definitely has a funny way of doing things, but right now the trust in them is strong as they have released badassness non stop for a good while. Except for Rambo I suppose.

I also read Mark HTC's interview with Enterbay Bill (CEO). Bill talked about many "troubles" within their business, like inefficient factories, design theft and more.
I hope they have learned from those experiences, and focus on producing great action figures whether 1:6 or 1:4.
I am just tired of Hot Toys churning out flawed figures and not caring much because they know their products will sell anyway. Monopoly mentality? :dunno

If EB Rambo 3 turns out great, I will definitely start considering to buy all their future releases. :clap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, every company that gets big is bound to start getting sloppy, the good ones will wake up to it and do somethign to fix it, the bad ones will continue and eventual fail and fade away.

EB struggle to get going, learned from it, and now are making a fresh start, and because they're trying to earn and solidify their place in the market, things are going to be pretty good with them for now, but if they succeed and take off like HT did, they'll go down the same path, it's innevitable.

i dont think hot toys are releasing crap quality, just their choice of licenses are quite one sided. ther upcoming loki looks amazing, and i think everyone has had only good things to say about their newest releases babydoll, and jake.

Hot Toys have gotten sloppy with QC over the last couple years and cut corners more often than you'd expect. When they weren't so big, they worked harder and showed more concern for their customers, now they don't give a ____ how they treat their customers because, at least for now, people keep buying.

WTH.gif

I think they're getting better and better. Hot Toys are the market leader because they have built a rock solid reputation for superior quality...that's the reason why I keep buying their products. There may be a few isolated incidents of QC issues -- Sideshow or HT always takes care of their customers -- but that certainly isn't reflective of their items overall. I think Enterbay has a long way to go before most collectors consider them in the same league as Hot Toys with regards to quality and diversity.

Enterbay are now claiming to make museum quality items, but they still can't get the composition of their rubber and materials correct. I've recently had to return my T-800 (at my expense) because the rubber chest was turning black from an interaction from the dye in the black shirt or leather gear. Shaky stitching on the leather seams and details. Hands that have obvious seams/mold marks and paint rubs at 1/6 and 1/4. Rambo is coming with molded shoelaces and a bad likeness. They talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. I hope Enterbay genuinely does improve to the point where they can actually match their claims, because competition and choice is always good for collectors. I'm not seeing that at the moment, though. That's my 2 cents' worth.

And Blades' comment is ill-informed and contradictory... They completely resculpted the Marcus Wright head as well. They've done it with many figures that needed it over the years. :slap :lol

HT always takes care of their customers

BULL____, HT goes to disgusting lengths to ignore their customers when they undeniably ____ up.

Enterbay are now claiming to make museum quality items, but they still can't get the composition of their rubber and materials correct. I've recently had to return my T-800 (at my expense) because the rubber chest was turning black from an interaction from the dye in the black shirt

HT is no better, their muscle bodies stain too, even the T-800.

Unless the staining ends up having any more significant effects like causing the body to disintegrate I don't see it as a huge deal for either company.

Unless the staining ends up having any more significant effects like causing the body to disintegrate I don't see it as a huge deal for either company.

Agreed, but they should warn you of the possiblity, which I don't believe they do currently. Same with some of their hats on some sculpts. I wonder how many people have stained Barney Ross figures from the beret.

For example, Rambo may come with his black tank top and possible his black long sleeve, both could stain the body, and Rambo is someone who you might want to take the shirt off of. Collectors should be aware that if you want to have him shirtless, you best take them off as soon as you get the figure and leave him that way

BULL____, HT goes to disgusting lengths to ignore their customers when they undeniably ____ up.

HT is no better, their muscle bodies stain too, even the T-800.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Laughable to claim HT always takes care of its customers :rotfl:slap

Melty bats, melty comedian and broken ankle bats all say hi :wave

I didn't think of that in the case of Rambo, true. They should actually ship him topless aswell. Didn't HT Barney Ross arrive topless in the box?

I didn't think of that in the case of Rambo, true. They should actually ship him topless aswell. Didn't HT Barney Ross arrive topless in the box?

It did, but that was more to show off his tat work, since they went to the effort to add them, I think they figured best to show them off in the box cuz most people would be covering them with the shirts soon after, if he came shirted, people might not notice. I don't think it had to do with staining. I'm not aware of HT or EB publicly acknowledging that their muscle bodies stain.

WTH.gif

I think they're getting better and better. Hot Toys are the market leader because they have built a rock solid reputation for superior quality...that's the reason why I keep buying their products. There may be a few isolated incidents of QC issues -- Sideshow or HT always takes care of their customers -- but that certainly isn't reflective of their items overall. I think Enterbay has a long way to go before most collectors consider them in the same league as Hot Toys with regards to quality and diversity.

Enterbay are now claiming to make museum quality items, but they still can't get the composition of their rubber and materials correct. I've recently had to return my T-800 (at my expense) because the rubber chest was turning black from an interaction from the dye in the black shirt or leather gear. Shaky stitching on the leather seams and details. Hands that have obvious seams/mold marks and paint rubs at 1/6 and 1/4. Rambo is coming with molded shoelaces and a bad likeness. They talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. I hope Enterbay genuinely does improve to the point where they can actually match their claims, because competition and choice is always good for collectors. I'm not seeing that at the moment, though. That's my 2 cents' worth.

And Blades' comment is ill-informed and contradictory... They completely resculpted the Marcus Wright head as well. They've done it with many figures that needed it over the years. :slap :lol

Diversity?? I dont agree..

and quality, I don't agree too... past few releases I had no end of problems with HT QC, cost me a fortune to sort out with my customers.

Any problems I had with Enterbay....and thats not much, it was sorted very very quickly.

WTH.gif

But you ignored the standout features of the T 800 they DID get right- metal and wood weapons that work, metal bullets, real leather used and excellent tailoring, IMO fabulous headsculpt, etc...
ANY product can get better, agreed but I'm satisfied I got my $400 worth,,,

Back