Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I wonder what happened.

It is also a big possibility that the Enterbay execs decided to revamp the eyes. The comparison pics are all over the hobby forums (which are a more reliable source than Facebook, where anybody can comment), and it shows a big difference. :slap

Thats what im hoping. Im pretty happy with the headsculpt as is, but im also fine with them making minor adjustments before release. (If that is why it's delayed)

It would definitely be a smart business decision on their part. If they really want to show up the competition, what better way to do it than by going back and modifying the sculpt long after pre-production? Hot Toys has never done that; they rarely change things based on fan feedback -- and it only happens if there's still time before the final run begins.

Man this looks pretty good, but if the made these little improvements it will go a long way to making it that much more better especially on the head sculpt.

Mike

While they're smaller, when HT delayed John Connor to do a new run of heads with better paint, it seemed fairly quick.

This figure means a lot to me aswell. Im a huge Sylvester Stallone fan. He is my favorite action star period. So if they're tweaking the Headsculpt to make it look better, then im all for it.

I dunno, the small "tweak" you guys mention would cause a major delay imo. We're talking a few thousand pieces to tweak, no?

they were talking about the pre-ordering going up soon, weren't they?
I don't think they were claiming that they had 5000 finished Rambo's in their boxes ready to ship already?
(and if that were the case, I agree they wouldn't be tweaking it at that stage....)

they were talking about the pre-ordering going up soon, weren't they?
I don't think they were claiming that they had 5000 finished Rambo's in their boxes ready to ship already?
(and if that were the case, I agree they wouldn't be tweaking it at that stage....)

EB doesn't do preorders, once an item is officially unveiled, it's available to buy.

What Maulfan said.

EB doesn't do preorders, once an item is officially unveiled, it's available to buy.
Except they are. Pre order for MiB3 figures are on the EB website now.

Buuuuuuuuut, expected release for those are next month. So :dunno

Except they are. Pre order for MiB3 figures are on the EB website now.

Buuuuuuuuut, expected release for those are within the month. So :dunno

But that's his point. A month is peanuts when compared to Sideshow and HT's 6-12 month wait. Basically when EB takes their "preorders" they're just taking payments and shipping once everything is sold up. The product would already be packaged up and ready for shipment at that stage.

That's why I virtually shrugged my shoulders. They call it a pre order, but it seems to be ready (or almost) to ship.

That's why I virtually shrugged my shoulders. They call it a pre order, but it seems to be ready (or almost) to ship.

It is a bit unconventional but imo it works pretty good. The thing is, they shows teasers here and there months before the final production specs. With HT's and Sideshow, they'll give us full prototype images and then spend many many months improving areas that may need improving.

So in the end it may be considered one and the same. Also EB has been giving us lame teasers of their upcoming 1/4 scale batman. We're talking many many months of boring "sneak peek" shots. Then, when they're ready to release it, they'll display production piece shots and sell it at the same time.

With HT's way, at least they still have more time to fix things (if they choose), if they aren't getting the response they wanted.

EB's way allows for time to fix things, at least it did with their T-800.

This is what the T-800 probably would have been if we hadn't seen this photo very early on and given EB a lot of negative feedback.

69464edejw1dgpuqo8mtjj.jpg

Paint looks better there than the final product with its unfortunate pinkish highlights in the lines. And I don't think they went far enough bringing in the hair. But anyway..

Back