ENTERBAY : The Dark Knight - HD 1/4 Christian Bale Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ENTERBAY - HD 1/4 The Dark Knight License thread

I will say, at $400 a pop, these must be "spot on"

We'll see.

You know damn well that they'll be "spot on" ;). Go take a look at your EB T-800 and then come back and look at the in-hand Rambo pics :D

The Jyecat has joined the 1/4 army now, and we are accepting him with open arms :D

Raise your armies! :yess:

Gotta kind of agree. 1/6th Bane for Camo Tumbler, 1/6th Batman for The Bat, 1/6th Catwoman for The Bat-Pod. 1/6th + 1/6th vehicles rock! :rock

Yeah, 1/6 vehicles provide the same museum quality showmanship of 1/4 scale figures/statues. :lecture

Dewwwww Eeeet

Get tu da choppa!

might just box them up and keep them. The space I keep my Keaton and Jack figs could be replaced with Joker and Bats from EB :monkey3

I will say, at $400 a pop, these must be "spot on"

We'll see.

if Joker is no good, I won't even get Bats. I can't see these being just as good, if not better then the t800.

Yeah. I'm in no way insinuating that the EB 1/4 T-800 is a bad figure, or even this upcoming Joker for that matter. The T-800 is great. The clothes, the headsculpt, the "real" weapons, all of it.

I'll go on the record of saying that as a collectible action figure, the EB T-800 is better than the Hot Toys version even.

I'm just saying that the feel of it is not really something I particularly care for. It's hard to describe because you have to experience it in person (which was one of the reasons I bought the T-800 in the first place). I've used words like unwieldy, clunky, awkward but even those don't really cut it. This is probably a bad example but it's almost like a marionette puppet. It's by no means loose, in fact, the figure's body is quite rigid (except the slouching/rocking rubber torso/chest). It's just so tall and the limbs are long and sort of . . . unwieldy.

In the end 1/4 just isn't for me. You all will probably feel different. I will say this though, you've got to see it for yourselves. It's "worth" the experience of saying, yeah, I've held this sort of thing. Out of the box I was overwhelmed and joyed. Later, once I had it in a pose I liked, it sort of just stood there where it continues to stay. I'll admire it on display but I don't think I'll ever touch it again.

For me 1/6 is just more accessible and easier to collect. The perfect, traditional scale for a collectible action figure. Space, cost, content, 1/6 wins for me but 1/4 is still quite a sight to behold. I'm glad I got one instead of passing.
:monkey4 Poorly said, madame. :thwak

The space I keep my Keaton and Jack figs could be replaced with Joker and Bats from EB

This blasphemy burns my ears! BURNS.

Well, I still have WW2 Cap, Mark 4 and Thor for him. :yess:

With those three the gang won't know each other anymore and also . . . INACCURATE!

Also, what about Black Widow? Hulk needs some booty.

What about Mace Windu? Hulk likes bad mother ____ers.

How about Hawkeye? Eh, nevermind, Hulk doesn't care about him.

You know damn well that they'll be "spot on" ;). Go take a look at your EB T-800 and then come back and look at the in-hand Rambo pics :D

I love their Rambo but imo its not spot on. I suppose if I felt it was I would've ordered by now. Don't get me wrong it's a stellar piece and i DO want it but its not spot on like the T-800.

Yeah. I'm in no way insinuating that the EB 1/4 T-800 is a bad figure, or even this upcoming Joker for that matter. The T-800 is great. The clothes, the headsculpt, the "real" weapons, all of it.

I'll go on the record of saying that as a collectible action figure, the EB T-800 is better than the Hot Toys version even.

I'm just saying that the feel of it is not really something I particularly care for. It's hard to describe because you have to experience it in person (which was one of the reasons I bought the T-800 in the first place). I've used words like unwieldy, clunky, awkward but even those don't really cut it. This is probably a bad example but it's almost like a marionette puppet. It's by no means loose, in fact, the figure's body is quite rigid (except the slouching/rocking rubber torso/chest). It's just so tall and the limbs are long and sort of . . . unwieldy.

In the end 1/4 just isn't for me. You all will probably feel different. I will say this though, you've got to see it for yourselves. It's "worth" the experience of saying, yeah, I've held this sort of thing. Out of the box I was overwhelmed and joyed. Later, once I had it in a pose I liked, it sort of just stood there where it continues to stay. I'll admire it on display but I don't think I'll ever touch it again.

For me 1/6 is just more accessible and easier to collect. The perfect, traditional scale for a collectible action figure. Space, cost, content, 1/6 wins for me but 1/4 is still quite a sight to behold. I'm glad I got one instead of passing.

You might not want to give up on 1/4 entirely; Hot Toys will probably put their own spin on the scale when they release their figures.

I love their Rambo but imo its not spot on. I suppose if I felt it was I would've ordered by now. Don't get me wrong it's a stellar piece and i DO want it but its not spot on like the T-800.

I still think it's more spot-on than the T-800.

detail-1.jpg

T2-1.jpg

Maybe I need glasses, but I could never see Arnold in this headsculpt. It looks great with the right lighting, but dead-on with every detail of the sculpt clearly visible... not so much IMHO. I will say the likeness is stellar when he's wearing the shades.

Last edited:

This blasphemy burns my ears! BURNS.

With those three the gang won't know each other anymore and also . . . INACCURATE!

Also, what about Black Widow? Hulk needs some booty.

What about Mace Windu? Hulk likes bad mother ____ers.

How about Hawkeye? Eh, nevermind, Hulk doesn't care about him.

hawkeye :lol

believe me, it hurt cancelling them, but the pain will go away once HT announces 1/4 Avengers. :pray:

oops, meant once they finally reveal them :slap

thanks for making me feel even better :hi5:

Good thing for your wallet though is that it's going to be forever before we see 1/4 from HT more than likely.

Good thing for your wallet though is that it's going to be forever before we see 1/4 from HT more than likely.

:exactly:

Hot Toys keeps making 1/4 announcements yet they can't produce one with full specs or anything.

For me personally, I set a rule that I'll only get truly "iconic" characters in 1/4 scale and that's based solely on my opinion of iconic. For the cost and space that they take up, it's just not possible for me to go crazy and have a ton of 1/4 figs. There's no doubt that there will be loads of 1/4th scale awesomeness, but I'm just gonna have to be strict with myself.

As it stands, I have the T-800 and I'd like to get the battle damaged version, the Joker, and Robocop. After that, I think I may be done unless by some miracle a 1/4 Peter Venkman or Travis Bickle is made. I think thats fairly reasonable :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back