ENTERBAY : The Dark Knight - HD 1/4 Christian Bale Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ENTERBAY - HD 1/4 The Dark Knight License thread

I'll take the other side of DiFabios' arguement...I also own the EB T-800 and it does have a different "feel" to it...the joints are ratchet-style, so it feels stiffer. Being larger, and with the leather jacket & pants, it feels a bit more restrictive than a typical true-type HT figure. It's fairly hefty as well. And to his main point, yes, it is larger & it takes up more head room...if you are lacking space (specifically head space) and your focus is 1/6 figures, it's probably not a scale you might be interested in.

But it's nice to have the options and there is no right or wrong...it's simply a matter of "taste & space".

I tend to think this scale is geared more toward the PF crowd. In fact I prefer the EB T-800 to a lot of PF's I've seen. The clothing is superior on the EB and the paint especially is way more lifelike than the typical SS "pasty-face" paint apps.

Most of my collection is also 1/6, but I also have room for select 1/4 pieces. Not sure if I'll get The Joker yet, but the Batman is a must have for me...I've got a spot for him all ready to go.

Might as well mention EB's customer service as well....as you can see in these pics, mine was missing a silver button on the jacket OOB and with one email they fixed me up with a packet of a dozen....no fuss, no muss. Nice.

Yeah. I'm in no way insinuating that the EB 1/4 T-800 is a bad figure, or even this upcoming Joker for that matter. The T-800 is great. The clothes, the headsculpt, the "real" weapons, all of it.

I'll go on the record of saying that as a collectible action figure, the EB T-800 is better than the Hot Toys version even.

I'm just saying that the feel of it is not really something I particularly care for. It's hard to describe because you have to experience it in person (which was one of the reasons I bought the T-800 in the first place). I've used words like unwieldy, clunky, awkward but even those don't really cut it. This is probably a bad example but it's almost like a marionette puppet. It's by no means loose, in fact, the figure's body is quite rigid (except the slouching/rocking rubber torso/chest). It's just so tall and the limbs are long and sort of . . . unwieldy.

In the end 1/4 just isn't for me. You all will probably feel different. I will say this though, you've got to see it for yourselves. It's "worth" the experience of saying, yeah, I've held this sort of thing. Out of the box I was overwhelmed and joyed. Later, once I had it in a pose I liked, it sort of just stood there where it continues to stay. I'll admire it on display but I don't think I'll ever touch it again.

For me 1/6 is just more accessible and easier to collect. The perfect, traditional scale for a collectible action figure. Space, cost, content, 1/6 wins for me but 1/4 is still quite a sight to behold. I'm glad I got one instead of passing.

Last edited:
Re: ENTERBAY - 1/4 The Dark Knight

Maybe I'm just tired, but the tie looks odd. Like, not thick enough (oddly enough)... almost 2D?
Yeah, that's my only minor complaint looking at that picture. The tie looks like it's just cut from a single layer of fabric and not actually a miniature 1:4 tie. Vest also looks a bit thin to me and the lapels overly pressed, but those would be easy things for them to tweak before shipping. The headsculpt and paint apps are amazingly life-like. Like a lot of people, I'd sort of written Enterbay off but this is a beautiful piece of work.

Yeah. I'm in no way insinuating that the EB 1/4 T-800 is a bad figure, or even this upcoming Joker for that matter. The T-800 is great. The clothes, the headsculpt, the "real" weapons, all of it.

I'll go on the record of saying that as a collectible action figure, the EB T-800 is better than the Hot Toys version even.

I'm just saying that the feel of it is not really something I particularly care for. It's hard to describe because you have to experience it in person (which was one of the reasons I bought the T-800 in the first place). I've used words like unwieldy, clunky, awkward but even those don't really cut it. This is probably a bad example but it's almost like a marionette puppet. It's by no means loose, in fact, the figure's body is quite rigid (except the slouching/rocking rubber torso/chest). It's just so tall and the limbs are long and sort of . . . unwieldy.

In the end 1/4 just isn't for me. You all will probably feel different. I will say this though, you've got to see it for yourselves. It's "worth" the experience of saying, yeah, I've held this sort of thing. Out of the box I was overwhelmed and joyed. Later, once I had it in a pose I liked, it sort of just stood there where it continues to stay. I'll admire it on display but I don't think I'll ever touch it again.

For me 1/6 is just more accessible and easier to collect. The perfect, traditional scale for a collectible action figure. Space, cost, content, 1/6 wins for me but 1/4 is still quite a sight to behold. I'm glad I got one instead of passing.

:goodpost::clap:goodpost:

Well said sir :clap:clap:clap

I wonder if the body suit won't provide additional support with the Batman figure, thus, eliminating the "unwieldy" element?

I sold off all my 1/6th figures to make room for 1/4. Im hoping I made the right choice.

I sold off all my 1/6th figures to make room for 1/4. Im hoping I made the right choice.

even though I only have a handful of 1/6 figs, might have to do the same.

:( @ Jye betraying his 1/6 children.

:( @ Jye betraying his 1/6 children.

I cancelled all my 1/6 Avengers yesterday. :horror

I'll still need 1/6 BB/TDK/TDKR/89 Batman figures though for my vehicles. :yess:

Outside of that and Hulk, no more 1/6 figures. :nono

My BR Joker is not going to pose so well with the Batpod will he. :lol

You cancelled all of the Hulk's friends but you're still going to get the Hulk?

He ain't gonna be happy. :lol

You might come home from work one day and find all your 1/4 figures dead. Hulk smash.

I cancelled all my 1/6 Avengers yesterday. :horror

I'll still need 1/6 BB/TDK/TDKR/89 Batman figures though for my vehicles. :yess:

Outside of that and Hulk, no more 1/6 figures. :nono

Gotta kind of agree. 1/6th Bane for Camo Tumbler, 1/6th Batman for The Bat, 1/6th Catwoman for The Bat-Pod. 1/6th + 1/6th vehicles rock! :rock

You cancelled all of the Hulk's friends but you're still going to get the Hulk?

He ain't gonna be happy. :lol

You might come home from work one day and find all your 1/4 figures dead. Hulk smash.

Well, I still have WW2 Cap, Mark 4 and Thor for him. :yess:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back