ENTERBAY : The Dark Knight - HD 1/4 Christian Bale Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ENTERBAY - HD 1/4 The Dark Knight License thread

The headsculpt looks good, really good. I like how the paint isn't really scene specific, just character specific. The tailoring on the clothes, from what I can see, look really well done too.

I'll probably just admire the pics though and live vicariously through others that have it. I got the Enterbay 1/4 T-800 Arnold and while it's good, this scale ain't for me. Don't like how it feels, too unwieldy, too clunky. I also have too much stuff and no space. Gotta stick with 1/6 collectibles.

Looking forward to the pics regardless though. I'll just pretend like I have it when I see everyone's great pics.

Curious findings, must know moar.

Do you think we'll see anymore pics tonight since HT started their preorders?

Do you think we'll see anymore pics tonight since HT started their preorders?

I'm surprised there aren't more. They clearly showed their teaser with the intention of competing at the same time. Kinda like Terminator day. That was awesome.

Then again if they haven't even shown complete pics of batman (a figure they're releasing next) then maybe joker isn't fully ready for pics.

Hmmmmm.

Back in my day, ya didn't know what new thing was out until it was released in stores. If you were lucky you saw it in a magazine somewhere.

Imagine the excitement of these Hot Toys and Enterbay releases if they didn't announce the licenses or tease with pictures? Just show em when they're ready to go. Sure, we couldn't give them criticism or be like "FIX THAT PLS" but that doesn't matter much in today's world anyway.

The headsculpt looks good, really good. I like how the paint isn't really scene specific, just character specific. The tailoring on the clothes, from what I can see, look really well done too.

I'll probably just admire the pics though and live vicariously through others that have it. I got the Enterbay 1/4 T-800 Arnold and while it's good, this scale ain't for me. Don't like how it feels, too unwieldy, too clunky. I also have too much stuff and no space. Gotta stick with 1/6 collectibles.

Looking forward to the pics regardless though. I'll just pretend like I have it when I see everyone's great pics.

Same here. But I do need a giant bat. :lecture

Curious findings, must know moar.

I'll take the other side of DiFabios' arguement...I also own the EB T-800 and it does have a different "feel" to it...the joints are ratchet-style, so it feels stiffer. Being larger, and with the leather jacket & pants, it feels a bit more restrictive than a typical true-type HT figure. It's fairly hefty as well. And to his main point, yes, it is larger & it takes up more head room...if you are lacking space (specifically head space) and your focus is 1/6 figures, it's probably not a scale you might be interested in.

But it's nice to have the options and there is no right or wrong...it's simply a matter of "taste & space".

I tend to think this scale is geared more toward the PF crowd. In fact I prefer the EB T-800 to a lot of PF's I've seen. The clothing is superior on the EB and the paint especially is way more lifelike than the typical SS "pasty-face" paint apps.

eb_2.jpg
eb_4_red.jpg

eb_7.jpg
Most of my collection is also 1/6, but I also have room for select 1/4 pieces. Not sure if I'll get The Joker yet, but the Batman is a must have for me...I've got a spot for him all ready to go.

Might as well mention EB's customer service as well....as you can see in these pics, mine was missing a silver button on the jacket OOB and with one email they fixed me up with a packet of a dozen....no fuss, no muss. Nice.

I still have to wait and see more. I have the 1/4 T-800 and I love that thing, so I have little doubt that it'll be anything short of awesome. I'm hoping they really pack this figure out with a ton of stuff; learn from HT's mistake (or great business decision) and refrain from spreading accessories across 4 figures lol. I'd bet money that they'll give us the shotgun made of metal and wood since thats been a trend for their last two 1/4 figs.

No matter what company they're from I have a feeling that 1:4 figures will be picks and choosings for almost every collector.

No matter what company they're from I have a feeling that 1:4 figures will be picks and choosings for almost every collector.

This is true. 1/6 (past activity with Joes) will always be the most desired scale imo. I personally dig 1/4 scale more but will always be a 1/6 collector too.

I've always collected 1/4's except for the DX01 Joker, EB Jack Sparrow and HT Jack Sparrow, those are my only 1/6.
Most of mine are Movie Maniacs, but I love them just the same 
Getting ahold of this Joker will be a dream come true for me.

I think that, outside of Nolan Batman, the only other 1/4 scale figures that I envision myself purchasing are 89 Batman and Joker, and a Reeve Superman. Outside of those, it's going to be a very limited collection.

I'm pretty much at the same fence as several people here. As much as I freaking love this Joker, I'm almost certain I'm gonna have to pass.
There's always that small chance where I say ____ it and just get it, but for the moment, gonna have to pass.
I wish I could collect 1/4 but I simply have no room. I've done well sticking to my 1/6 scale rule with the exception of movie Cap PF which I had to have. I also have the older Cap PF which I am thinking of selling so I can make room for EB bats since I only have that 1 space for 1/4.

I'm just waiting to make sure and guarantee that the EB bats will be excellent before packing the ol' comic book Cap PF.
That...and I'm having a hard time putting what was once my grail back in the box to sell. :monkey2

I think that, outside of Nolan Batman, the only other 1/4 scale figures that I envision myself purchasing are 89 Batman and Joker, and a Reeve Superman. Outside of those, it's going to be a very limited collection.

Limited yes, Bad Ass definately

Oh, no denying that. I'm really hoping for TDK suit Bats and BB Ra's from EB. That way I can go: OC Bats and Ra's, TDK Bats and Joker, TDKR Bats, Catwoman, and Bane. Although, if there was no Ra's, I suppose it could be symbolic for each film, OC Bats (1), TDK Bats and Joker (2), TDKR Bats, Catwoman, and Bane (3).

Limited yes, Bad Ass definately

:goodpost::exactly: this hobby seems to know how to dig its nails into me. 1/4 batman an 1/4 joker DX11 89 mobile and tumbler :panic::panic::panic::panic: I gotta work more oh and let's not forget The Avengers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back