ENTERBAY : The Dark Knight - HD 1/4 Christian Bale Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots and lots of pretty serious QC issues, including..get this... sending out two of the same figure in the sets. :)

Bill from EB announced a major problem with the knees of the figures (they won't stand), and then they proceeded to send them out to anyone who pre-ordered them from their online store.

Then either told people they would have to pay their own shipping to return the sets, or as with many people, they just ignored their emails.

head over to the MIB thread to read more... Haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm expecting the worst. :(

Lots and lots of pretty serious QC issues, including..get this... sending out two of the same figure in the sets. :)

Bill from EB announced a major problem with the knees of the figures (they won't stand), and then they proceeded to send them out to anyone who pre-ordered them from their online store.

Then either told people they would have to pay their own shipping to return the sets, or as with many people, they just ignored their emails.

head over to the MIB thread to read more... Haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm expecting the worst. :(

Wow, thats some great customer care. :monkey4

aa285145.jpg

tumblr_m6urqfSvQu1r22955o2_500.jpg

SnakeDoc

It interesting how there was a total lovefest for Bill and Enterbay at the begining of the 1/4 Batman and joker threads. Crapping all over HT saying that EB QC will be better. Now that production is coming out, let the panic begin!

Wow, thats some great customer care. :monkey4

At least they have some customer care. When was the last time HT offered people to sendback their defective batmans, iron man pants or crooked A Caps for replacements?

A company that tries to sort out problems and fails is better than a company that doesn't try at all :lecture

At least they have some customer care. When was the last time HT offered people to sendback their defective batmans, iron man pants or crooked A Caps for replacements?

A company that tries to sort out problems and fails is better than a company that doesn't try :lecture

I dunno, about 7-8 times for me alone. If you order your items from a dealer (Sideshow, Toy Square, BBTS, etc) you always get replacements and for free. I've never once paid for a replacement nor have I ever had to pay for shipping :wink1:

Can you order directly from Hot Toys?

Don't think so, but defects are a manufacturer problems rather than a dealer.

I got a ThreeA figure that released a few years ago off eBay a few months back. The head was broken, apparently it was a common problem i was advised to contact threeA for a replacement, having usually dealt with sideshow and hot toys i never thought they'd actually do anything as i didn't get it through a dealer and it was old, but i was shocked that they sent me out a new head.

When you've had that level of customer service others look horrendus

Don't think so, but defects are a manufacturer problems rather than a dealer.

No you can't and that's my point. They take a more responsible and realistic approach by having a variety of trusted dealers to handle their mistakes. I think that's awesome imo. Not only can I get a replacement and have it sent to me for free I also have a variety of options.

So in Enterbays case they've failed at trying to cut out the middle man imo. Not to mention they design a new "lighter" box, yet, their second 1/4 scale item (shipped) is still at $400?

Odd business practice, that's forsure.

The only thing HT's can be faulted for is having that generic annoying email response. :lol People should know by now, you deal with the dealer for literally everything. That's the way it should be.

A company that tries to sort out problems and fails is better than a company that doesn't try at all :lecture

I'm confused Nova. Do you like HT or not? On the Amazing Spiderman threat, its all about the love of that figure that HOT TOYS made. In most other cases, like here, you clear dislike HT.

What gives????:dunno:dunno

I'm confused Nova. Do you like HT or not? On the Amazing Spiderman threat, its all about the love of that figure that HOT TOYS made. In most other cases, like here, you clear dislike HT.

What gives????:dunno:dunno

Pretty simple really of all the licenses they announce there is a whole load i like and want figures from. But they only really develop a small amount of franchises into figures, and those are the ones i'm not really interested in or i have already from previous versions they've made. :wave

So to answer your question i don't hate them, i just i hate that they announce things i'd love to buy, get me anticipatiing the figures and then wait a year and half without giving any update, make no more than 2, often one of them being the least requested/wanted character, then delay the figure for an additional six months while ones up for order after release first. or just plain don't make any at all. It wouldn't be a big deal if this happend only once or twice, but it tends to happen to all of the ones i like :dunno

When they do make things i'm interested in it's a glorious day, it's just very far between those days.

Last edited:

EB doesn't either, only on direct Enterbay Store sales. They sell direct online, so entirely their responsibility. HT don't (trust me I'm no fan of HT CS either).

I had to order a HT Babydoll head off of eBay because SS would not exchange the head I received. Hot Toys clearly realized there was an issue with the part on the headsculpt, and they fixed the latter batches. However, those who ordered through SS were stuck. So they will not always fix problems either.

I had to order a HT Babydoll head off of eBay because SS would not exchange the head I received. Hot Toys clearly realized there was an issue with the part on the headsculpt, and they fixed the latter batches. However, those who ordered through SS were stuck. So they will not always fix problems either.

Same situation on my BD, sideshow wouldn't replace it. No company is perfect for customer service but some are clearly better than others

Well as I said I'm waiting for the total EB Batman reveal before I decide between HT and EB...all tho I am leaning towards HT.
As far as EB's Joker, that is a sure thing for me, even if I have to glue his legs back on! :lol

No you can't and that's my point. They take a more responsible and realistic approach by having a variety of trusted dealers to handle their mistakes. I think that's awesome imo. Not only can I get a replacement and have it sent to me for free I also have a variety of options.

So in Enterbays case they've failed at trying to cut out the middle man imo. Not to mention they design a new "lighter" box, yet, their second 1/4 scale item (shipped) is still at $400?

Odd business practice, that's forsure.

The only thing HT's can be faulted for is having that generic annoying email response. :lol People should know by now, you deal with the dealer for literally everything. That's the way it should be.
Yes it was 400 but what was the total profit margin?they could have made less money on rambo even if it cost the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back