ENTERBAY - The Dark Knight - Joker 1/4 HD Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Enterbay 1/4 Joker

This is the Joker that I want.

1/4 > 1/6

that's the way I'm thinking, but damn, the HT version comes with so much stuff. A laughing head too :panic:. Hard choices. I don't know which I will get, not sure if I want to get both, but that might be the best thing to do :dunno

Re: ENTERBAY-The Dark Knight-Joker 1/4 Figure

I think Enterbay has become the king of head sculpts now. Both companies can do such amazing things. I just wish they would stop competing with each other and worked with Medicom to just cover all the licenses we could ever want. No one wins when both companies are doing random summer blockbuster action films. They should shoot to always cover different markets so that there is an appeal to everyone. The video game market especially is untouched almost in the 1/6 realm. I wish one of the three companies would capitalize on that.

I think Enterbay has become the king of head sculpts now. Both companies can do such amazing things. I just wish they would stop competing with each other and worked with Medicom to just cover all the licenses we could ever want. No one wins when both companies are doing random summer blockbuster action films. They should shoot to always cover different markets so that there is an appeal to everyone. The video game market especially is untouched almost in the 1/6 realm. I wish one of the three companies would capitalize on that.
Wouldn't the basic principles of free enterprise suggest that we do actually win when they compete? Better prices, better sculpts, and better products should result from what they do produce. If you don't have competition, then you get stagnant.

Enterbay seems to get there products out a little faster than Hot Toys does IMO.

The MIB figures were teased around the hype of the movie and there already hitting asian markets and well be here in the US soon i think. I wish Hot Toys got there products out sooner, i lose intrest and hype in the figures when i have to wait a year to see them in hand.

if this Joker hits the marketplace at least this year its a solid pickup. The sculpt just looks so real, hopefully its easy to pose, never had a 1/4 before.

Wouldn't the basic principles of free enterprise suggest that we do actually win when they compete? Better prices, better sculpts, and better products should result from what they do produce. If you don't have competition, then you get stagnant.

Agreed. :exactly::lecture

Enterbay seems to get there products out a little faster than Hot Toys does IMO.

The MIB figures were teased around the hype of the movie and there already hitting asian markets and well be here in the US soon i think. I wish Hot Toys got there products out sooner, i lose intrest and hype in the figures when i have to wait a year to see them in hand.

if this Joker hits the marketplace at least this year its a solid pickup. The sculpt just looks so real, hopefully its easy to pose, never had a 1/4 before.

They don't get their product faster, they just announced it officially later, when the product is almost ready. Meaning, they'll have a fixed number of figures made. Whereas HT will make the product based on the PO they receive.

I don't think it's that, but rather that they do business differently. EB seems to work on the downlow, getting everything into production before putting them up for order. HT just shows the Prototype and then we wait for the item.

Beat me to it, Hydeous. :hi5:

Ermmm. Whens that bit gonna start happening? Right now the competition seems to be who can charge more not who can charge less :lol

Ermmm. Whens that bit gonna start happening? Right now the competition seems to be who can charge more not who can charge less :lol

EB and HT ain't no fools, they know how much fan boys are willing to shell out for custom jokers.

They are a business after all:lol

And it goes perfectly with what Joker said:

"if you are good at something, never do it for free"

If EB can keep their prices at $399 shipped for their 1/4 HD line then I think that's very reasonable for what they're offering.

The head sculpt looks fantastic and it's really tempting, but i just dont have the funds to start buying 1/4 figures, if this was 1/6 with the same quality, i would probably go for it.

If they were to do a 1/4 Scarecrow however, i think i would crack, as long as it had a Cillian sculpt.

That's a fair point, but EB is not yet genuine competition for HT, so those dynamics are yet to play out. But if they start genuinely competing in terms of either the 1/6 or 1/4 scale products, I think we will see a kind of price stabilization. Right now HT and SSC seem to be acting as a kind of cartel, both mutually agreeing to keep driving up 1/6 scale costs. I don't think EB will have the cozy relationship with HT to allow for that. If/when they get their bearings, and get similar licenses, EB should be able to cut costs down enough to make it genuinely competitive with HT, considering that HT has the reputation that makes it the company to beat (rather than the other way around).

HT's strategy isn't bout lowering the price, but giving more accessories. More bang for your buck. Which they can play it out anytime, should they feel like it, whereas once you start lowering the price, you'll set a certain mindset with your customers.

sculpting is excellent, but is 1/4, and I collect 1/6, I can not lose that line, I have no joker, and buy the 2.0. the two are a good option, depending on the discretion of each person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back