Friday the 13th Part3 Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My card that I reserved this on expired at the end of July so I had to call them and change cards. I also moved last month so I had to change my address at my bank so my billing and shipping were the same. Let me tell you how anxious all that uncertainty made me. I called SS to update my card and addresses and told them I was concerned that my bank might foul this up with not updating my address or something. THe CS rep, I won't say her name in case this gets her in trouble, told me I did everything I could possibly do and she put a note on my order to call her if it gets declined and not to cancel the order. She promised she would call me if something went wrong.

My card got charged and everything seems fine but Barbarian, may have some hope.
I'd love to know who that was, if you would pm me. I talked with 2 reps today and all I got was a ____ing "Sorry."

By the way, thanks for the pity. I think I have snapped. I may need some serious drugs to calm me down. Meditation ain't cutting it on this one. I can't believe how many people I've told about this piece and my anticipation for it. People that didn't even give a damn about statues. My family. My friends. I didn't care if they didn't care. I just had to tell every person I knew. Now, I'll have to relive this pain in telling them all that I'm completely screwed. Crom help me. :slap

I'd love to know who that was, if you would pm me. I talked with 2 reps today and all I got was a ____ing "Sorry."

His situation does sound different as he called and talked to them prior to any possible problems arising. And he never actually received a cancellation.

I don't think knowing who he talked to is going to help.

I don't man, I think you may be SOL.

Best of luck.

Just like I said before, they need to rethink the fact that they--or their system-- are not perfect. Mistakes could happen, and that should not mean a customer who has done everything right should be screwed.

How the hell could they go ahead and take a non-refundable deposit a year earlier and then not even make it so that deposit secures you one? Isn't that what a deposit is for, in the truest sense of thee word?

Not at Sideshow it isn't.

Wow. I havent bought anything directly from SSC in awhile. I had no idea all this kinda crap was going on.

His situation does sound different as he called and talked to them prior to any possible problems arising. And he never actually received a cancellation.

I don't think knowing who he talked to is going to help.

I don't man, I think you may be SOL.

Best of luck.
I dig that, King. I also called them prior and was told there was no certain way to seal the deal. I just wanted to know who to speak to in future if, in fact, I do get my Jason EX and continue collecting. Otherwise, I'm out! Obviously there is a way to secure an order that has this stupid stupid stupid policy, yet I was given no such option by the person I spoke with, and trust me, it wasn't pretty, but I BEGGED!!!

Should I hop on the WL?!? :rotfl:lol:rotfl:cuckoo::medic

I would, at least until you get a definitive answer. And then buy the regular discounted from an online store and get a better discount anyway.

I dig that, King. I also called them prior and was told there was no certain way to seal the deal. I just wanted to know who to speak to in future if, in fact, I do get my Jason EX and continue collecting. Otherwise, I'm out! Obviously there is a way to secure an order that has this stupid stupid stupid policy, yet I was given no such option by the person I spoke with, and trust me, it wasn't pretty, but I BEGGED!!!

Don't make any rash decisions about collecting for at least a week. You'll likely regret whatever you sell. We've all missed an exclusive or limited collectible at one point or another.

Well if you talked to them prior to then you should have been given some reassurance. That's extra ____ed up.

I would chase a regular at this point and just keep an eye out for a exclusive in the future.

I cannot believe it. Of all the people for this to happen to. You havent shut up about this thing since the pre-orders and this is what happens? Awful. It would be like The Monster not getting a coveted Boris Karloff piece that he pre-ordered. Really horrible.:monkey2:monkey2:peace
Yeah, it's rough. I even spent a few hours making several different sigs for this. :(
Don't make any rash decisions about collecting for at least a week. You'll likely regret whatever you sell. We've all missed an exclusive or limited collectible at one point or another.
You may be right about that. If I'm still this pissed in a week, I'm outty! Thanks. :)

The regular is still a phenomenal piece, I wouldn't pass a regular up if I couldn't secure an exclusive. Its a grail piece either way.

Keep the faith Barbarian!

Well if you talked to them prior to then you should have been given some reassurance. That's extra ____ed up.

I would chase a regular at this point and just keep an eye out for a exclusive in the future.
The EX in the future will be astronomically priced. I'd have to just shell out the dough immediately if I wanted to simply two or three times the price. I dunno man. My head hurts. So confused.
Your sig is breaking my heart, man!
Yeah, I'm about to axe that ____er! :lol

I'm hope this comes through for ya Barbarian. This sucks that you seem to be the one person who this has happened to, considering you're kid-at-Christmas-time excitement about it. We're still rooting for ya bud :rock

yeah, what darkness said. i have the regular on the way and will snatch an exclusive when i get the chance. just cause you have the reg doesn't mean you don't dig jason...just means you got screwed by ssc. whereas, i don't have an exclusive because i was alseep so it definitely doesn't sting. maybe they will make it right. you never know, right?

I'm hope this comes through for ya Barbarian. This sucks that you seem to be the one person who this has happened to, considering you're kid-at-Christmas-time excitement about it. We're still rooting for ya bud :rock
Thanks, brother. I feel like a kid at Christmas that just woke up to his entire family being slaughtered and placed in demeaning positions around the tree and every present stolen except the Rambo PF!

yeah, what darkness said. i have the regular on the way and will snatch an exclusive when i get the chance. just cause you have the reg doesn't mean you don't dig jason...just means you got screwed by ssc. whereas, i don't have an exclusive because i was alseep so it definitely doesn't sting. maybe they will make it right. you never know, right?
Thanks, brother. I appreciate the words. I doubt they'll make it right, but won't give up until I hear back from Mike. I've still snapped and will most likely do something drastic like sell everything and cancel everything... and possibly look for a decent brawl this weekend. :gah:

Back