FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt its just Sideshow "giving" them credit, I am sure it was part of the deal between the 2.

Yeah you are probably right. :)

I also noticed the faces are not painted on the figures, its just molded in the skin color. That is how hot toys has been doing their figures for quite some time now. Takes away less detail than being painted on. Maybe Hot Toys is also giving sideshow some pointers.

i would only repaint frodo's eyes as well. but first i have to see him. im sure they look great in hand. definately no faramir here. thank God for that.

The only issue I see with Frodo's eyes is the lack of a slightly darker Blue rim around the outside of the Iris. Other then that they did an exceptional job there.

Speaking of paint apps, does anyone else have issue with the extremely dirty feet and supper clean ankles? easily remedied but I wish the feet were a little less dirty.

I also noticed the faces are not painted on the figures, its just molded in the skin color. That is how hot toys has been doing their figures for quite some time now. Takes away less detail than being painted on. Maybe Hot Toys is also giving sideshow some pointers.

What gives you that impression? :confused:

The only issue I see with Frodo's eyes is the lack of a slightly darker Blue rim around the outside of the Iris. Other then that they did an exceptional job there.

Speaking of paint apps, does anyone else have issue with the extremely dirty feet and supper clean ankles? easily remedied but I wish the feet were a little less dirty.

Eh, I'm ok with that. Minor things like that don't bother me, especially when the rest looks so good!

Yeah you are probably right. :)

What gives you that impression? :confused:

I got that same impression, part of me thinks that white shine or whatever, if it is a shine, is because of the material being more like Hot Toys heads than the resin Sideshow heads. Would be a good thing if that were the case in my opinion.

i'm glad everyone is loving these new pics. but going against the grain here, i'm quite disappointed by the paint on both. i think the bodies, sculpts, accessories and costumes are about as perfect as you can get but personally i hate the paint on both of them. shame as i think they would have become favourites of mine had it been better. frodo's eyes are crazy and he's way too shiny.

Yeah.. I really like Frodo's jacket. It looks ever more amazing than the prototypes. (What is it? Herringbone?)

I have been charged for both Frodo and Sam and their status is shown as Item Shipping Soon. I may have these guys by Monday. So you CA guys (who actually kept them) should have some pics for us soon. :rock

OMG. I didn't mind the slightly large heads, but they got BIGGER.

9213_press02-001.jpg

9213_press09-001.jpg

So much for shrinkage. :rolleyes:

You know looking at those 2 images, the portraits don't even look the same, be very curious to see what they're like in hand.

Portrait-wise, these seem like a step back from the pace they'd been on with Old Ben, Palps pack and Praji.

Back