FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9213_press01-001.jpg

they look like attarded little midget now..lolllll.... clothes still look good...but those faces are...:monkey4

This looks "bad" to some of you? I mean it's not the second coming, but i think it looks pretty damn cool.

9212_press03-001.jpg

doesn't very much resemble Elijah like the proto did.

Well thats a given. I'm used to SS f'n up the final product. But it DOES look like Frodo Baggins IMO. (kinda like how HT superman don't look like routh but still like superman)

I dunno i think it looks good. (and cool actually)

i like em and once agian we're looking at poor photos and tricks of the camera here folks. i thought palp looked ^^^^ing awful and washed out when i saw pics of him but in hand he is perfect. im sure the paint on this will look great in natural light without a flash reflecting off of it. as for head size, i dont think they look like full 12in figure heads. but they are suffering from the classic big head syndrome. but what are ya gonna do?:dunno

Well thats a given. I'm used to SS f'n up the final product. But it DOES look like Frodo Baggins IMO. (kinda like how HT superman don't look like routh but still like superman)

I dunno i think it looks good. (and cool actually)

Agreed. Large head, but still good.

Its not just the head, its that he has no neck.

I really hope that these aren't f'd up... but its looking kinda bleak. Sideshow really, really needs to up the ante with their photos, these things just kill the anticipation.

Well, for me, buying a figure based on a movie, capturing the look of the actor is key in representing the character from the movie, and the look of Frodo's face that is burnt into my brain from watching the movies, based on these new images, is no longer represented by this figure but was totally captured in the protoype.

Its not just the head, its that he has no neck.

I really hope that these aren't f'd up... but its looking kinda bleak. Sideshow really, really needs to up the ante with their photos, these things just kill the anticipation.

They shoot their pieces to have all the detail clear as day where moody shots, which are most often more flattering, lose some detail because they feature strong highlights and shadows, so the type of detail they want to show is only seen in the midtone areas, where their product photos are primarily midtones.

Sorry, photo nerd blah blah blah hehe.

Also, I seem to be in a funky mood tonight... so seeing lackluster photos isn't sitting well :lol

Maybe tomorrow I'll be more enthused :lol

Back