FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone have side by sides of Frodo proto and production?

SS-9212.jpg
9212_press03-001.jpg

They shoot their pieces to have all the detail clear as day where moody shots, which are most often more flattering, lose some detail because they feature strong highlights and shadows, so the type of detail they want to show is only seen in the midtone areas, where their product photos are primarily midtones.

Sorry, photo nerd blah blah blah hehe.

Oh I know (well not the technical part of it), just seems like its the same story every time with these photos. Although the no neck thing seems more like a non-photo issue... but it could be the unfutzed clothing.

Oh I know (well not the technical part of it), just seems like its the same story every time with these photos.

It will be the same story, images of living things, particularly people, that are primarily midtones are usually unflattering and often don't represent the way things look in normal lighting. You can take a flash photo of a model then take one with creative lighting, the flash will look so-so and the creative one will make her look gorgeous. It's all about the forms and lines and shapes going on in the face that defines it, and without lighting that shows off those elements, it'll be hard to recognize one.

I think the necks are just getting lost under all of the layers, the bodies are scaled down but I'm sure the clothes are as thick as the full adult figures, with a little futzing I'm sure it can be snugged closer to the shoulders.

It will be the same story, images of living things, particularly people, that are primarily midtones are usually unflattering and often don't represent the way things look in normal lighting. You can take a flash photo of a model then take one with creative lighting, the flash will look so-so and the creative one will make her look gorgeous. It's all about the forms and lines and shapes going on in the face that defines it, and without lighting that shows off those elements, it'll be hard to recognize one.

Well now I am confused :google I'm gonna go to sleep now :lol

I'm afraid if I open my mouth I'm going to say things that I'll regret later. Or, immediately.

Why can't they just stop having perfect prototypes??? :dunno

I'm still fine with these--so much depends on how you futz the costumes that I never judge a figure until I've adjusted the outfit myself. Aragorn looks a million times better when you get the clothing to hang right, and Boromir especially needs good futzing. Once I get my hands on these I'll have pics of my collection up. I can't wait; so far I've never put up pics of my stuff and I've wanted to for a while. This will be fun!

I agree the costumes and accessories are brilliant. But I don't like the color of Frodo's eyes and I don't like the Groucho Marx eyebrows either. And they should not have changed Sam's sculpt.

I'm still excited to get them. Just not as excited. It happened with Legolas too. I survived.

I ordered and paid for two 1:6 scale Hobbits. I just hope that SS do not send me 2 Bobblehead Hobbit Dolls instead.

The heads for both Frodo and Sam looked like they are too big for the smaller Hobbit bodies. I really hope that there is something wrong with the pictures. From the photos, these two figures certainly look like complete washouts.

Please don't tell me SS took one full year to dish out some craps.

I ordered and paid for two 1:6 scale Hobbits. I just hope that SS do not send me 2 Bobblehead Hobbit Dolls instead.

The heads for both Frodo and Sam looked like they are too big for the smaller Hobbit bodies. I really hope that there is something wrong with the pictures. From the photos, these two figures certainly look like complete washouts.

Please don't tell me SS took one full year to dish out some craps.

From the prototype body pics, it just looks like the "Hobbit Fro" hairdos they have make their heads look big.

These will look amazing in person, I guarantee it!

The Frodo production piece looks pretty bad but Sam looks decent. I will have them regardless but it still irks me that sideshow continues to do such a crappy job even after making us wait almost an entire year.:rolleyes:

Back