FRODO & SAMWISE 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to seeing this body and how much I like it or not like it compared to the buck. I've got no real bone to pick with the buck body but I'm all for improvement.

Well it's not a RAH body which is the best IMO. But it's not a buck and thats a big plus in my book.

Me too. I am not seeing the big head syndrome.... perhaps some of you are falling victim to Group Think? :dunno

I don't even care about the size of the heads--they're Hobbits! I can be perfectly happy with the figures even if the figures aren't happily perfect. And I think Sam looks great, though Frodo looks a little possessed with that shade of blue in his eyes. But then again, Frodo is kind of possessed a lot of times in the times in the movies, so it works out there too. No complaints! :rotfl

It's kinda funny there's a lot more people let down than i thought. Dude, i think these look "good". But yes the protos again looked better. (ep3 kenobi anyone?) I guess i'm just used to it by now with SS's track record. I'm usually the one complaining, but from the pics so far i think i'm happy with the end result.(at least with Frodo) And what is the famous saying????? "It will look better in hand" - Random forum person

though Frodo looks a little possessed with that shade of blue in his eyes. But then again, Frodo is kind of possessed a lot of times in the times in the movies, so it works out there too. No complaints! :rotfl

I guess thats where i differ from most. I LOVE that blue.(but i'm a color whore so....) I think it looks cool, and in hand the eyes will be smaller and i doubt it will shine like that on my shelf ya know?

:ring:huh:frodo

Well, at least the production packaging turned out awesome.

Man, even Sam needs a repaint. :(

Actually looking at the pics again the skin tone looks to be alright. I don't think these NEED a repaint but if someone chooses to thats another story.

Well it's not a RAH body which is the best IMO. But it's not a buck and thats a big plus in my book.

I've only had a few non armoed pieces on the RAH body and it wasn't that much better than the buck, but again I'm all for improvement. I do hope these new bodies are stronger than the RAH body which seems to have breakage issues.

Me too. I am not seeing the big head syndrome.... perhaps some of you are falling victim to Group Think? :dunno

The heads do look a little too big but that may be due to the whole thing being smaller. You know me well enough though pix to know I don't fall victim to group think. :lol

The heads can look much better with some futzing of the tons of clothing they come with.

The much bigger problem is the production paint apps. They look much, much less like the actors now. Even Sam went from a 1/6 Sean Astin to... I don't know who the hell that looks like now. :confused:

:lecture

You know, you can always repent and come back. You know you want to!

I guess thats where i differ from most. I LOVE that blue.(but i'm a color whore so....) I think it looks cool, and in hand the eyes will be smaller and i doubt it will shine like that on my shelf ya know?

:ring:huh:frodo

I agree. I think the eyes are just fine. Right after the Fellowship loses GTG you get that major close up and his eyes are REALLY blue.

The heads can look much better with some futzing of the tons of clothing they come with.

The much bigger problem is the production paint apps. They look much, much less like the actors now. Even Sam went from a 1/6 Sean Astin to... I don't know who the hell that looks like now. :confused:

I agree all the clothing is messing with the heads a little. However, The paint apss are not a problem I'm sorry. In all but like one pic the skin tone appears to be pretty good. The likenesses are still there too.

:lol

I thought the Prototype Sam was weird looking, and the Frodo was perfect--now I feel exactly the opposite. Different strokes, I guess.
:cool:

I'm really not seeing the problems with these figures. The paint looks nice and clean, and the clothing (especially on frodo) looks better than the prototype. I think they both look great and I'm looking forward to seeing them in person.

...See i.....just don't..i......can't understand.....i......wha?

:confused::cool:

Jesus wasn't that hard to read. :rolleyes:

I've only had a few non armoed pieces on the RAH body and those weren't that much better than the buck, but again I'm all for improvement. I do hope these new bodies are stronger than the RAH body which seems to have breakage issues.

Better?:rolleyes:

Jesus wasn't that hard to read. :rolleyes:

I've only had a few non armoed pieces on the RAH body and those weren't that much better than the buck, but again I'm all for improvement. I do hope these new bodies are stronger than the RAH body which seems to have breakage issues.

Better?:rolleyes:

:confused::confused::confused:

Does not compute.

Really, nothing is changed that much. The clothing is undoubtedly some of the best 1:6 tailoring you can possibly find, even more astounding considering how tiny it is (but then, the LOTR line is the pinnacle of 1:6 costume design anywhere if you ask me). The accessories are just amazing and there are tons of them, and I'm sure the new bodies will be loads of fun to pose, especially with the other past figures. I think the likenesses are just fine, and the paint I'm sure will look great in hand. Plus, I'm certain there's no big head issue but what some people are choosing to see. Now where the heck are they?!? :D

Back